Earl Thomas Crying After Tonight's Game?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
It was/is being discussed over @ the Reddit board as part of the almost 1500 post-game comments thread. I didn't see it but if true it only makes me respect Thomas even more. He fought back from a tough injury and has played so hard every play of every game this year. I was worried he bulked up those legs too much in the offseason but so far he's proven me wrong there - he's playing well.

If he was crying I'm betting it had a lot more to do with just this loss. He's a smart enough guy to know an era is ending.

I hope he's one of the guys we keep on after this season. There are a lot I would like to see gone but Earl Thomas is not one of them.

26 4128977

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pete has lost this team. The NFL is a copy cat league. Always has been. The Seahawks aren't the team they used to be because everyone "stole" their philosophy. It's time to rebuild or Wilson's prime will be wasted away.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Crizilla":2lx0g0ay said:
Pete has lost this team. The NFL is a copy cat league. Always has been. The Seahawks aren't the team they used to be because everyone "stole" their philosophy. It's time to rebuild or Wilson's prime will be wasted away.

I agree totally 100%. I had a whole thread largely devoted to that very thing but I can't seem to find it now.

Anyways, that's my biggest concern w/ the team right now - that the next 3-5 seasons of Wilson's prime playing years will be wasted as he struggles while being surrounded by a mediocre program.

Really hope that doesn't happen because he truly deserves a lot better.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":afijg24b said:
I'm not there yet with the rebuild, but a reload around Wilson as the focal point? Absolutely.

I'll take that as "mostly" agreement.

Good enough! :)

rossob

Reaction score
[youtube]nfme4LP1HXs[/youtube]
In the video you can see Thomas red-eyed saying "That was a subpar quarterback. You've got to take advantage of that."
I believe he has a lot of pride and for the (former) LOB and #1 D to get "destroyed" by Blake Bortles is hard.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3o48mwdr said:
Crizilla":3o48mwdr said:

I agree totally 100%. I had a whole thread largely devoted to that very thing but I can't seem to find it now.

Anyways, that's my biggest concern w/ the team right now - that the next 3-5 seasons of Wilson's prime playing years will be wasted as he struggles while being surrounded by a mediocre program.

Really hope that doesn't happen because he truly deserves a lot better.

6 days ago we were talking about the 1 seed and a run at the Super Bowl.

Geez.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A lot of you are such liars. We are not the team we used to be because of emphasis. It was defense and running. You wanted a change and you got it.

Now own it.

RussB

Reaction score
rossob":18oi6jqg said:
[youtube]nfme4LP1HXs[/youtube]
In the video you can see Thomas red-eyed saying "That was a subpar quarterback. You've got to take advantage of that."
I believe he has a lot of pride and for the (former) LOB and #1 D to get "destroyed" by Blake Bortles is hard.
Earl thomas is my favorite player on the team. He never loses that hunger or fire and never takes it easy thats why i like him. You know this loss pissed him off. I think the team needs to cut alot of defensive players and maybe even let go sherman.

Earl thomas , wagner, and sheldon richardson are must haves though.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1gv45t3w said:
A lot of you are such liars. We are not the team we used to be because of emphasis. It was defense and running. You wanted a change and you got it.

Now own it.

A change of philosophy has absolutely 0 to do with the fans or what they wanted. At this point we are the most injured team in the league and haven't had a stable RB or line since two years ago.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2suezsgw said:
vin.couve12":2suezsgw said:

Now own it.

A change of philosophy has absolutely 0 to do with the fans or what they wanted. At this point we are the most injured team in the league and haven't had a stable RB or line since two years ago.

All the same, it's all about Wilson now, which is what people wanted. Now we'll suffer the same playoff exits without any chance to win another ring because we are that team. That team that guzzles their 20M+ QB that has no chance of winning a ring because they can't run the ball late in the season and in the playoffs.

So stop talking about Wilson's prime and Wilson this and Wilson that. We were dominant as a TEAM, like the team that just kicked our arses. Obviously we are decimated with injuries, but without 3 turnovers that game isn't near as tough.

Funny how monkeys do that though. Never fails.

mikeak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":cdquefgd said:

Now own it.

If we had used a quick passing game and power blocking throughout then I would own it

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
vin.couve12":xy591o0d said:
NFSeahawks628":xy591o0d said:
vin.couve12":xy591o0d said:

Now own it.

All the same, it's all about Wilson now, which is what people wanted. Now we'll suffer the same playoff exits without any chance to win another ring because we are that team. That team that guzzles their 20M+ QB that has no chance of winning a ring because they can't run the ball late in the season and in the playoffs.

So stop talking about Wilson's prime and Wilson this and Wilson that. We were dominant as a TEAM, like the team that just kicked our arses. Obviously we are decimated with injuries, but without 3 turnovers that game isn't near as tough.

Monkeys?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mikeak":3em5rio9 said:
vin.couve12":3em5rio9 said:

Now own it.

If we had used a quick passing game and power blocking throughout then I would own it
We still have most of the same staples. Shotgun was always there. Play action has always been there as well. We don"t run I Form anymore because we don't carry a FB (because of emphasis, injury, and cap). I Form doesn't dictate ZBS scheme though. It does allow to you utilize kick outs and other things a lot easier though, which are deviations from ZBS. I'll give you that.

Either way, I do feel for ET. Literally all of the guys who've always been with him from jump weren't there tonight and it went really bad. It sucks.

Also, I think we bounce back and RW in particular will too. If Wagner comes back next week we can still take the division. Wright should probably clear protocol. I will always maintain that we have to run the ball though. It's not even a choice. Not having to depend on one guy as much just gives you a better chance. I don't see any way where that's not a truth.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2l0eu6ff said:
vin.couve12":2l0eu6ff said:
NFSeahawks628":2l0eu6ff said:
vin.couve12":2l0eu6ff said:

Now own it.

Monkeys?
Aye, monkeys are we all.

6cxxmBd

johnnyfever

Reaction score
In my opinion, "rebuild" is the completely wrong word.

We need to get rid of some of the coaches, some of the scouts and evaluation guys, and some other behind the curtain roles (film study review, some positional coaches etc)

As far as players, ifedi needs to be gone yesterday, lacy has nothing left, graham is nowhere near the money he is being paid.

On the D, lane could go. Other than that, I cant think of anyone that is consistently bad. As guys present issues, we take them off that position and if they dont improve we trade or waive.

Basically, we copy what the most successful team in the league has done as far as requiring responsibility and mandating that you do the job you were hired to do.

I am so sick of seeing a decent gameplan (eagles short pass, run the edges, misdirection etc) only to follow it up with run of the mill long developing plays and throwing up long jump balls. Ridiculous, it's like amnesia sets in every week after a decent showing by the coaches.

Do your job or lose it, just like the rest of us.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3qz4samk said:
NFSeahawks628":3qz4samk said:
vin.couve12":3qz4samk said:

Now own it.

Nah you just have to have your QB never be paid like a top QB coughpatscough to consistently win, and i know this is sort of OT but seriously...Brady is more than likely the GOAT how has he not been paid like it. Some sketchy shit man

If we had say Flynn like we were supposed to instead of Wilson this team was winning shit and you know it. We would be the Texans of the NFC

rossob

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2zbsxzgy said:
vin.couve12":2zbsxzgy said:
NFSeahawks628":2zbsxzgy said:
vin.couve12":2zbsxzgy said:

Now own it.

Nah you just have to have your QB never be paid like a top QB coughpatscough to consistently win, and i know this is sort of OT but seriously...Brady is more than likely the GOAT how has he not been paid like it. Some sketchy shit man

If we had say Flynn like we were supposed to instead of Wilson this team was winning shit and you know it. We would be the Texans of the NFC

Because he has been good for a long time and earned his money. Winning is now more important to him than the pay.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
rossob":1ektivv2 said:
WilsonMVP":1ektivv2 said:
vin.couve12":1ektivv2 said:
NFSeahawks628":1ektivv2 said:

Nah you just have to have your QB never be paid like a top QB coughpatscough to consistently win, and i know this is sort of OT but seriously...Brady is more than likely the GOAT how the F has he not been paid like it. Some sketchy shit man

Because he has been good for a long time and earned his money. Winning is now more important to him than the pay.

has he ever been paid as a top QB? I honestly dont know

vin.couve12

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1wk71kz5 said:
vin.couve12":1wk71kz5 said:
NFSeahawks628":1wk71kz5 said:
vin.couve12":1wk71kz5 said:

Now own it.

Wilson was obviously a big part of the ring, yes. Didn't light the world on fire, but played more efficiently by every measure.