If Wagner and Wright can't go......

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Gurley will have a walk in the park. That's to many key pieces gone to still hold it together. IMO. I hope they can recover quickly!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Agree. It comes down to next Sunday. A loss and its over. I know keep positive thoughts but next week is season IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, how many all-pros would be missing from the defense? 4 or 5?
Can’t imagine too many stops with all of those guys out.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah if Wagner is out I can't say I'd be too excited about the game on Sunday. Lets hope!

Coxal

Reaction score
We will miss :

Sherman
Chancellor
Shead
Avril
Carson
Aboushi
Jones

And potentially we could add to that list:

Wagner
Wright
Bennett
Jefferson
Davis

Well... that is just TOO much to handle.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Every team has injuries. You deal with it.

The 2014 season saw ten total Patriots relegated to injured reserved. Running back Stevan Ridley was the biggest piece on offense, while former Pro Bowl linebacker Jerod Mayo was the toughest loss to bear on defense. But no matter how much depth the team was robbed of due to injury, they were still able to defeat the Seattle Seahawks and win the Super Bowl.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-p ... 473386/Amp

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Coxal":oh3t1arm said:
We will miss :

Sherman
Chancellor
Shead
Avril
Carson
Aboushi
Jones

And potentially we could add to that list:

Wagner
Wright
Bennett
Jefferson
Davis

Well... that is just TOO much to handle.

Time to let the offense fly.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1y4spka1 said:
Every team has injuries. You deal with it.

The 2014 season saw ten total Patriots relegated to injured reserved. Running back Stevan Ridley was the biggest piece on offense, while former Pro Bowl linebacker Jerod Mayo was the toughest loss to bear on defense. But no matter how much depth the team was robbed of due to injury, they were still able to defeat the Seattle Seahawks and win the Super Bowl.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-p ... 473386/Amp

That is an interesting quote. Currently we have 12 already on IR, with additional reserve designations for Shead and McDowell for a total of 14. If BWag and Wright are out (16) and then you actor in possibility 2 suspensions for the players that got kicked out, then we might be looking at 18 players down. I get your point, it has to be dealt with but at what point is it just too much to overcome?

All that and we are currently over this year's cap, so any move we have to make requires us to restructure someone's contract.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Something to pay attention to:

We lost Kayvon Webster, starting #2 CB, for the year yesterday.

Trumaine Johnson, our #1, is in the concussion protocol.

After the QBs, for this match up IMO the most valuable players will be:

Donald
Wagner
Gurley
Trumaine Johnson

With Seattle's ability to pass the ball, we cannot afford to be without our top 2 CBs. If Trumaine and Wagner both can't go, I will be expecting a lot of points scored on Sunday..

original poster

Reaction score
Ramfan128":xnodoiqb said:
Something to pay attention to:

We lost Kayvon Webster, starting #2 CB, for the year yesterday.

Trumaine Johnson, our #1, is in the concussion protocol.

After the QBs, for this match up IMO the most valuable players will be:

Donald
Wagner
Gurley
Trumaine Johnson

With Seattle's ability to pass the ball, we cannot afford to be without our top 2 CBs. If Trumaine and Wagner both can't go, I will be expecting a lot of points scored on Sunday..

Good insight, thanks!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IIRC the 9ers lead the league with 19 or 20 players on IR this year. 10 or 11 of those guys were starting before getting injured too, and this also doesn't include starters or players who aren't in IR but are on the shelf.

Nobody cares about that when talking about how much the 9ers suck though, because, well, nobody cares about that.

It's because fans only care about injuries to their own teams, not other teams.

If we all cared equally about injuries and not just our own team we'd be waking up every Sunday morning thanking our luck stars that we're not Packers fans or Texans fans.

RCATES

Reaction score
Wagner had a set back on his already injured hamstring. I expect him to miss a few weeks or possibly IR. Wright suffered a pretty bad concussion. These likely take 2 weeks to pass protocol. I'm almost 100% Richardson gets suspended for at least one game. He threw 2 punches. Bennett drove his elbow into the back of a players head after slamming him to the ground after the play was dead. He's getting one game for sure. Jefferson tried to go into the crowd. He may get a few games. So Sunday we will be without Sherman,Chancellor,Avril,Bennett,Richardson,Wagner,Wright,Jefferson. Lol hopefully our offense can score 40pts. on a Rams defense they have done nothing against in the past.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No way we win without Wagner and Wright. I am hoping Wright will be good but a hamstring can take weeks so even if Wagner goes he will no doubt be limited.

Camilobu02

Reaction score
We got to win at Century against Rams but without them surely we are out and if we lose we have to say goodbye the season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The drop off in defense without Wagner is quite eye opening and he hid a lot of the issues on defense even with all the injuries. He controlled the first meeting with the Rams, I have a feeling the middle of the field will be a lot more accessible if he is unable to go. Going to need the offense to score some points, not just in the second half.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RCATES":y71svwf8 said:
Wagner had a set back on his already injured hamstring. I expect him to miss a few weeks or possibly IR. Wright suffered a pretty bad concussion. These likely take 2 weeks to pass protocol. I'm almost 100% Richardson gets suspended for at least one game. He threw 2 punches. Bennett drove his elbow into the back of a players head after slamming him to the ground after the play was dead. He's getting one game for sure. Jefferson tried to go into the crowd. He may get a few games. So Sunday we will be without Sherman,Chancellor,Avril,Bennett,Richardson,Wagner,Wright,Jefferson. Lol hopefully our offense can score 40pts. on a Rams defense they have done nothing against in the past.

Neither of Richardson's punches felt very "punch-like" to me, it seems like players tend to miss one week rather than two in the concussion protocol more often than not, we don't know if Wagner just tweaked his hamstring again or reinjured it, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see both Bennett and Jefferson just get fines instead of suspensions (although I absolutely think Bennett deserves a suspension, but not really Jefferson).

All to say I think you're projecting a doomsday scenario. I for one would be shocked if Wagner, Wright, Jefferson, Bennett, and Richardson ALL don't play next week.

RCATES

Reaction score
Camilobu02":3cc59mr1 said:
We got to win at Century against Rams but without them surely we are out and if we lose we have to say goodbye the season.

Pretty much. That Atlanta loss killed us for a Wild-Card spot. Its pretty much Division and #4 seed or bust at this point.

RCATES

Reaction score
Popeyejones":k36tparc said:
RCATES":k36tparc said:

Neither of Richardson's punches felt very "punch-like" to me, it seems like players tend to miss one week rather than two in the concussion protocol more often than not, we don't know if Wagner just tweaked his hamstring again or reinjured it, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see both Bennett and Jefferson just get fines instead of suspensions (although I absolutely think Bennett deserves a suspension, but not really Jefferson).

All to say I think you're projecting a doomsday scenario. I for one would be shocked if Wagner, Wright, Jefferson, Bennett, and Richardson ALL don't play next week.

Bennett's actually worse then I thought. He went after the Center's knee at the snap and then again after the play was over. He's getting at least one game. Bet. Richardson first punch was more of a slap. The second one he threw at Fournette was a punch for sure. Either way that's two throws in one play. He's getting at least a game. Jefferson there is no question he's getting a few games. Although warranted you never try to go into the stands. He did. At least a pair of games for him. Lastly Wagner's injury is worse then you think. He had to come out of the game and PC's is being quiet about it. That's usually a bad sign. He misses this week at least. Wright's concussion will keep him out at least a week. Its extremely rare a player that's pulled from a game makes protocol by the next game. This upcoming game will be huge and I'm just facing the reality of things. Not a Doomsday approach.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/940277362998087680[/tweet]