Quick thoughts on the game

mistaowen

Reaction score
Wagner proved he's been the glue keeping this defense dominant. Able to cover up a lot of issues when you have an All Pro MLB blowing up running plays and contesting the middle of the field. Really hoping he's ok for next week.

Lack of pressure was pretty astonishing considering how dominant they looked last week against a superior offensive line. Really didn't do a good job mixing up coverages to get after Bortles. Frank Clark was a ghost and I think was graded at a 40.5 today. Have to get more out of him if they're only going to send four.

Too much hail mary ball, same thing as Redskins game, and Jags CB's are really good. Bevell certainly went back to the homerun ideology for a better part of the game, not much for short/intermediate routes to compliment the deep ones. Shame too, first drive looked good I thought. That and the friggen play action late release TE plays. I think he called at least 5 of them and each time the LB knew to just hit the TE and kill the play. It's worked pretty well against other teams but they did not fall for it once.

I think Earl misses having a secondary that knows what every other person will do each play. He seemed quite frustrated with their play collectively and some of the play calls in his interview. Saw him say 'you'll have to ask Kris that' on blown coverages twice.

Mike Davis looks good when we get away from the ZBS and go more to a man scheme. Would hope they just go with that to end the season. Has some nice power and shiftiness.

Justin Britt had some awesome lead blocks, surprisingly fast. He's turned into a very good center. Duane Brown is really good too. Ifedi continues to kill drives.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I have no idea what Richard was thinking calling defensive plays in the second half. That guy is not good.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1dcw0kks said:
I have no idea what Richard was thinking calling defensive plays in the second half. That guy is not good.

I've said it since last yr. He relies on his players bailing him out. Sub par DC.

HawkerD

Reaction score
3 INTs was a big factor in the loss. Get points on one of those drives and get an average kicker and we get a win. Considering our eviserated defense we played Good enough to win.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkerD":2b334zca said:
3 INTs was a big factor in the loss. Get points on one of those drives and get an average kicker and we get a win. Considering our eviserated defense we played Good enough to win.

Knowing Baldwin, the one to him may have been a TD if he doesn't trip and fall. But the deep shot down the middle into double coverage was a really dumb throw by Russ and that cost us big.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
It's sucks watching on TV because you can't see the whole field, but on the 3rd pick, Moose in the booth said there was no routes in the intermediate area. A lot of deep routes and one or two short. Seems to be a problem in the games that go this way.

I thought at the time on the first drive when Russell missed the tight end who was wide open and we ended up punting was a huge missed chance to get 7 early. I still think if we get up early on that team say 7-3/10-3 the game would have been way different. Missing that play and not scoring early let them gain confidence offensively. I didn't get to see the middle quarters when Jags scored. Didn't realize Wagner got hurt!

NINEster

Reaction score
mistaowen":3emt2psl said:
Lack of pressure was pretty astonishing considering how dominant they looked last week against a superior offensive line. Really didn't do a good job mixing up coverages to get after Bortles. Frank Clark was a ghost and I think was graded at a 40.5 today. Have to get more out of him if they're only going to send four.

It's very simple:

Century Link helps the pass rush more than anything for the Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":d4rpv1no said:
mistaowen":d4rpv1no said:

It's very simple:

.....and here come the niner trolls...... sigh.....

JGreen79

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2hqhobq5 said:
NINEster":2hqhobq5 said:
mistaowen":2hqhobq5 said:

It's very simple:

.....and here come the niner trolls...... sigh.....

How is that trolling? Playing at Century Link forces a silent count. Which means most often than not both lines are reacting to the snap of the ball.