Playoffs start now

original poster

Reaction score
All the team needs to do is win the NFCW to get in. Rams are 1 game up with 3 games to play.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
original poster":4lzcbvt2 said:
All the team needs to do is win the NFCW to get in. Rams are 1 game up with 3 games to play.

Yeah, I think OP is assuming that the Rams can beat the 9ers and the Titans, meaning the Hawks would have to beat the Rams and also win their games against the Cowboys and Cardinals to win the NFCW.

Basically, because the Rams are up by one game with three games to go, the Hawks can beat the Rams but if the Rams win their next two after that and the Hawks don't the Rams still win the NFCW.

Polaris

Reaction score
Looking through the various playoff scenarios, I think that if the Seahawks win this coming week they'll make he playoffs. It will give Seattle a critical ninth win and as hard as Seattle's schedule is, Atlanta's and the Panthers is brutal and they play each other. Likewise the Lions and Packers play each other.

If the Seahawks win against the Rams AND Cowboys, I'd say it's overwhelmingly likely that Seattle makes it in some fashion.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This week is the first week I feel as if it's truly a MUST WIN game. Sure every week is important, but I haven't felt that we had to win to make the playoffs until now. To be fair though, I would think the same thing even if we'd won last week. Holding the tiebreaker in the division race is vital to our odds of winning the division. I've said for a few weeks that I don't think we will be in the running for any byes (even though we weren't mathematically eliminated), but now it's basically the division or no playoffs.

Yes we still have a shot at the wildcard, but I just don't see that coming for us this year. Hopefully it won't matter and we'll win this week, but a lot of that is riding on whether or not Wagner can come back from his hamstring injury.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This is a must win. A loss and its done. A win and we have some hope. Then pray rams lose to titans and hope we beat Dallas.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":8t8fakz4 said:
This is a must win. A loss and its done. A win and we have some hope. Then pray rams lose to titans and hope we beat Dallas.

If we win this week, we don't need to hope for any losses, because we'd hold the tiebreaker, so win out and we win the division. Obviously losses by the Rams make things easier, but wins are what we need and they are all winnable games.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agree have to win every game imo. I think that is why they acted the way they did on Sunday knowing that they needed that win.