When the other team is in the Victory formation

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Why are we attacking them? The game is over, the chances of a takeaway are zero and it does no good.

In this case, ti will do serious damage, especially if Bennett and others are suspended for next week's Ram game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Trying to get a fumbled QB exchange. Coach Carroll preaches "always compete" so that's what they're doing.

I don't care for it personally, if another team was rushing Wilson when trying to kneel I'd be pissed. Wish they'd just cut it out, but they won't

Seymour

Reaction score
Spoiled babies that can't get their way on the field resorting to cheap shots is what I saw.

Thanks for turning us into the Rams for a weekend Michael. :pukeface:

stang233

Reaction score
I actually disagree. The chances are slim but the qb can fumble the snap. I say hit the center as hard as you can

907Hawk

Reaction score
There could be a problem on the center QB exchange, you could see them trying to collapse the center, or maybe they are poor sports who cannot lose with class. I recall Greg Schiano getting a lot of pushback for doing this on kneel downs while coaching Tampa Bay.

getnasty

Reaction score
I have no problem with Bennett swatting at the ball as it's slapped hoping to time it just right. Everything that happend after that sucked though

rossob

Reaction score
Jerhawk":9qyqfdad said:
Trying to get a fumbled QB exchange. Coach Carroll preaches "always compete" so that's what they're doing.

I don't care for it personally, if another team was rushing Wilson when trying to kneel I'd be pissed. Wish they'd just cut it out, but they won't

I am sure Pete wants them to do it. How likely is it to succeed though?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Because they can get away with it. No accountability no discipline. If Pete had any balls he benches Bennett the next game Marcus Peters style

rossob

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1gaaggy3 said:
Because they can get away with it. No accountability no discipline. If Pete had any balls he benches Bennett the next game Marcus Peters style
I'm sure the NFL is taking care of that. If they don't I agree with you. Pete has to show them that their actions have consequences.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
rossob":xkr2u0ir said:
Jerhawk":xkr2u0ir said:

I am sure Pete wants them to do it. How likely is it to succeed though?

Exactly. It's highly unlikely.

A few seasons back Tom Coughlin got heated with the Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano for doing that stuff. Surprised no other coach has gotten upset with Carroll after the game yet

Seymour

Reaction score
rossob":1nap5vrv said:
Cyrus12":1nap5vrv said:
I'm sure the NFL is taking care of that. If they don't I agree with you. Pete has to show them that their actions have consequences.

Consequences from Pete? LOL, I think not. When asked if he would sit a player for penalties 2-3 weeks ago Pete said yes if it comes to that, not there yet. ifedi lead (and still does I believe), the entire NFL penalties at the time and was coming off a game with several. Don't hold your breath.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Total bush league. Every one of you condoning it would be screaming bloody murder if a team did it to us. There are kneel downs in half the games and no one else does it. Well the Bucs did it under Chiano but he is an Ahole. It's unwritten rule. You don't do it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkerD":3f44fe8e said:
Total bush league. Every one of you condoning it would be screaming bloody murder if a team did it to us. There are kneel downs in half the games and no one else does it. Well the Bucs did it under Chiano but he is an Ahole. It's unwritten rule. You don't do it.

Maybe, but it is still not a rule and shit was getting heated all night. Not surprised any of this happened given the tone of the entire game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If the Hawks were in “always compete” mode during the victory formation they would have called their last time out after the run before it. But they didn’t. They let the clock run because the game was over. This was just dirty play. Nothing more, nothing less.

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Cyrus12":i9vv1959 said:

I don't see Pete suspending anyone, he brings in certain types of players and encourages them to be themselves. The NFL, on the other hand, may very well hand out suspensions, maybe to Bennett but almost certainly to Jefferson.

Trying to go into the stands is a huge no-no, something the NBA learned a few years ago with the Pistons in Auburn Hills. Anything that happens on the field can be sorted out, and other players, refs and coaches can generally restore order. Going into an opposing team's stands is an opportunity to create a truly ugly situation.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1wwqyko8 said:
Cyrus12":1wwqyko8 said:

I don't see Pete suspending anyone, he brings in certain types of players and encourages them to be themselves. The NFL, on the other hand, may very well hand out suspensions, maybe to Bennett but almost certainly to Jefferson.

Trying to go into the stands is a huge no-no, something the NBA learned a few years ago with the Pistons in Auburn Hills. Anything that happens on the field can be sorted out, and other players, refs and coaches can generally restore order. Going into an opposing team's stands is an opportunity to create a truly ugly situation.

The thing with Jefferson is he didn't actually make it though, and I can understand him losing his cool with people throwing stuff at him. It's a bad look for sure, but I think a letter and a hefty cash fine is appropriate.

Bennett, on the other hand, tried to injure an opposing player after the Seahawks had effectively given up, and then tried to injure him again after the play was over when it didn't work the first time.

I think that should be a multiple game suspension. It's just not tolerable at all. That said I also thought Gronkowski should have gotten a multiple game suspension and he just got a one game suspension, so I think a one game suspension is appropriate. (In my ideal world both those guys miss 2-4 games).

Final Verdict:

Jefferson: Cash fine.
Bennett: One game suspension.

(although I can see them both getting cash fines or both getting suspensions too -- my guess is the NFL isn't nearly as tolerant of a player trying to get into the stands as I am).

As for PC taking it upon himself to sit anyone down, :lol: :lol: , c'mon.