Will We ever see fair Officiating Restored in the NFL?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Jaguars didn't play great football today, that would be dishonest and unfair to them. My bitch is that once again the Officials, which in effect, is the NFL hierarchy had an agenda from the onset, that made clear to everyone, that they were going to do whatever was necessary to insure that the Jaguars walked off the field with a W in their column at the end of this one.

This type of officiating has become so commonplace, that all the players can do is to stay composed, and just accept that the only chance of winning, is to put up enough point to try and overcome both of our opponents out there, the team we are facing and the officiating team.

The officials are by far the most difficult of the two teams on the field, to overcome, because they hold all the cards. They can, and do make up and call penalties, that all to often, in review, never occurred, or blatantly ignore penalties that did occur right in front of them, knowing full well that by doing so that they are affecting the outcome of our games.

We can and will review and discuss all the calls, reviews, and penalties, that influenced the outcome of this game and many of our other games, I don't want to win games due to NFL Officiating in our favor, I don't want to win games that way either. I just want to get back to seeing teams playing football games, that are fairly and objectively officiated, and winning or losing based on how we all play the game.

The only way I can see that happening is if the fans all come together, and say "enough is enough" and demand the the NFL relinquish their stranglehold on officiating their own games, where they have way to much money invested in the outcomes of these games.

If you're interested in saving the sport, and restoring fairness and dignity back into professional football, just follow the money, it will always expose the truth. Consider cutting off the money flow. Maybe it will take an all out boycott to turn it around. Quit buying tickets, quit subscribing to NFL Season Ticket, don't set down and watch games on TV, and don't buy NFL gear.

My guess is that it wouldn't take more than a week or two, for the NFL to cry Uncle, and relinquish the reins to an Officiating scheme that fairly and objectively governs our games, God, would that be refreshing or what? That game with the Jaguars today was an embarrassment to the NFL that reflected and defined everything that is wrong with them. I'm always amazed by the fans who will turn a blind eye to the obvious so long as things are going their team's way.

When the Officiating blade turns on their team, it doesn't take long for them to start singing a different tune. I will say that I don't think I've seen fans act as asinine, hateful or violent as what I witnessed today in Jacksonville. If I saw Seahawk fans acting like that I would be advocating for those persons to be found, arrested and charged with assault and battery, and face the legal consequences of their behavior. At very least, I would hope that they were permanently 86'd from ever entering Century -Link Field again ever.

Im sure I might sound a little over reactionary, but consider what might have happened had Jefferson been hit in his eyes by some of the projectiles thrown his way. If I were him I would be speaking with an attorney about civil consequences. in retrospect the Officials lost total and complete control of the game today, and ultimately should be held accountable for everything that happened today. Perhaps they will.

Go Seahawks !

kobebryant

Reaction score
I wouldn’t classify the reffing in the NFL as unfair; rather, I think it’s objectively poor more often than not, screwing every team along the way.

Aside from Vinovich and McCauley I can’t think of any consistently decent ref crews.

rossob

Reaction score
kobebryant":zctuibra said:
I wouldn’t classify the reffing in the NFL as unfair; rather, I think it’s objectively poor more often than not, screwing every team along the way.

Aside from Vinovich and McCauley I can’t think of any consistently decent ref crews.

I believe that to be true. The referees aren't biased, they are just bad.
There should be a way to challenge missed calls and the NFL has to call penalties more consistently/clearly phrase what a penalty is if they don't want to lose more viewers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL doesn’t think they have an officiating problem though. If they did they would streamline and simplify the rule book and publicly reprimand their officials when they make bad calls, and hold them accountable when they do a crappy job, with fines and or termination all of which should be public knowledge. But they do the opposite, they have Deano “I rode on Jerry Jones’ party bus” Blandino and “Baghdad” Mike Pereira “covering” for these clowns on the networks.

But they won’t fix the problems, As long as their Big market and legacy teams are in the playoffs every year that’s all they care about. The more playoff “merch and swag” sold the more $$$ they make. The bigger the market or bigger the legacy team the more playoff merch they sell. It’s all about the $$$.

“Steering” of games is a very real thing, and the NFL proves me right on that point every week. Just watch most of the games around the league, and see it with your eyes.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aside from P Rich getting tackled on the 4th down play, the officiating seemed fine to me.

Did I miss something?

907Hawk

Reaction score
I do not agree, teams play, one team wins and the fans of the losing team always complain about getting screwed by the refs, its the cycle of life.

Woblyhawk

Reaction score
This would be my first time posting here on .net, but I've read nearly every post since I found it. I was reading. Net before 2005. I have enjoyed reading the game day forum and many times when I worked night shifts it was my only insight until I got home to watch the game. I have many things I would love to share but tonight mostly just that I agree 100% wit the OP. I know some here will say "don't let the door hit you, or band wagon fan, or just shrug ." But consider that you and myself are being conned.
I will never stop being a Seahawks fan or loving the team. But I see the game manipulation constantly going on and it's just taking all the enjoyment out. I got to take my two children to their first Seahawks game this year and was so let down by what I saw that I may never go to another game again. I don't know if protesting will make any difference but if you want the players to play, do something! Open your eyes, it's not the team they are fleecing, it's you the fan that pays. I'll try to man up and post here more, but I don't care for the personal attacks and such that I see more and.more of lately. I booed at a Seahawks game and I'm going to do the same by not buying any more. Posted on my phone, sorry for big wall text.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2akif8mt said:
“Steering” of games is a very real thing, and the NFL proves me right on that point every week. Just watch most of the games around the league, and see it with your eyes.
Sooooook ridiculous. All it would take is one person to break the silence and the league becomes the WWE or XFL. And you probably believe in these guys :greetingsearthling:

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkerD":y70nwyj6 said:
Sports Hernia":y70nwyj6 said:
Sooooook ridiculous. All it would take is one person to break the silence and the league becomes the WWE or XFL. And you probably believe in these guys :greetingsearthling:

I'm pretty sure they kill all the witnesses so no chance of that. :D

Woblyhawk

Reaction score
Just wondering why you think when Pete was asked tonight what he thought about the no call on that 4th down near the end of the game, he responded that he couldn't talk about officiating? or something like that? Its fixed, Rigged , Steered, cheated, what ever word you want to use to describe it.

Pete knows whats going on and so do the players, but they don't want to lose their jobs. That doesn't mean that they don't want to win though. I know Pete hates it and if you are at the games and see how he reacts to the calls Verses what they show you on TV you will figure it out quick. These guys are not breaking laws by doing this because the ticket says " for entertainment purposes only on the back". Don't put down your own teams fans for caring about the Sea hawks, that would be wrong ha ha.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
907Hawk":3fc9ouzz said:
I do not agree, teams play, one team wins and the fans of the losing team always complain about getting screwed by the refs, its the cycle of life.

Clearly you dont watch many Packer games :lol: ESPECIALLY when they play at Lam BLow

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Woblyhawk":3attsu7m said:
This would be my first time posting here on .net, but I've read nearly every post since I found it. I was reading. Net before 2005. I have enjoyed reading the game day forum and many times when I worked night shifts it was my only insight until I got home to watch the game. I have many things I would love to share but tonight mostly just that I agree 100% wit the OP. I know some here will say "don't let the door hit you, or band wagon fan, or just shrug ." But consider that you and myself are being conned.
I will never stop being a Seahawks fan or loving the team. But I see the game manipulation constantly going on and it's just taking all the enjoyment out. I got to take my two children to their first Seahawks game this year and was so let down by what I saw that I may never go to another game again. I don't know if protesting will make any difference but if you want the players to play, do something! Open your eyes, it's not the team they are fleecing, it's you the fan that pays. I'll try to man up and post here more, but I don't care for the personal attacks and such that I see more and.more of lately. I booed at a Seahawks game and I'm going to do the same by not buying any more. Posted on my phone, sorry for big wall text.

This is literally why I stopped watching the NBA. After that Blazers/LA meltdown with Shaq I was done....Refs controlled the game for the allstars

907Hawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":ch8k4j07 said:
907Hawk":ch8k4j07 said:

Clearly you dont watch many Packer games :lol: ESPECIALLY when they play at Lam BLow

Clearly.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Jerhawk":8c7i529n said:
Aside from P Rich getting tackled on the 4th down play, the officiating seemed fine to me.

Did I miss something?

Same exact thing I watched. Only badly missed call seen. Was called even if anything it wasn't calls it was refs allowing this game to get out of hand by letting the chippy play slide all game from first whistle.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Woblyhawk":19ldxotv said:
Just wondering why you think when Pete was asked tonight what he thought about the no call on that 4th down near the end of the game, he responded that he couldn't talk about officiating? or something like that? Its fixed, Rigged , Steered, cheated, what ever word you want to use to describe it.

Pete knows whats going on and so do the players, but they don't want to lose their jobs. That doesn't mean that they don't want to win though. I know Pete hates it and if you are at the games and see how he reacts to the calls Verses what they show you on TV you will figure it out quick. These guys are not breaking laws by doing this because the ticket says " for entertainment purposes only on the back". Don't put down your own teams fans for caring about the Sea hawks, that would be wrong ha ha.
I might be totally misinformed but my understanding is if Pete criticizes officials he would still have a job. He may however be subject to a fine.
It's just a hunch as I dont think any coach has ever criticized refs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, for those saying there was a league wide conspiracy to steer this game, can you please explain:

(1) The reasons for the hidden agenda to create a less exciting finish to the game in place of a more exciting finish to the game?

(2) The reasons for the hidden agenda to try to prop up a team with literally no national following and not even much support in its sparsely populated home-base? So it's part of a conspiracy to rake in those sweet national advertising dollars by propping up a Blake Bortles led Jaguars team? :lol:

Or maybe the conspiracy is so deep that us mere mortals can't even comprehend it...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":4702n1ts said:

Did I miss something?
Most of the game????

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkerD":plotu75o said:
Sports Hernia":plotu75o said:
Being contrarian just to be contrarian isn’t cool anymore. The NBA ref scandal was hidden for decades before they got busted.

original poster

Reaction score
Sorry but the idea that the refs have a motive is ridiculous.

They're just simply ineffective, there's a staggering difference.