Tyler Lockett, Wagner also with Beer/food thrown at them

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Saw this on Colin Cowherd and reports from a few people on Twitter. Apparently after the Td catch a beer was thrown at Lockett, and when Wagner and KJ Wright left stuff was also thrown at them.

I know we all feel like our team lost its cool, but it does seem like on the field as well as on the sidelines a lot of nasty stuff was going on or being said

[tweet]https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/940035216030146560[/tweet]

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":31p9eal8 said:
Stay classy Jacksonville

Cowards. Just like internet tough guys.

That was despicable by jag fans.

We are close second by what fans are saying about our own team on here.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
When a few of our fans threw things at Navarro Bowman as he was being carted off, we told people not to judge the entire fanbase because of a minority of idiots. Please do the same here.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Although fans throwing things at players is always wrong, I kind of feel like we are making a bigger deal out of it because we're sour. Let's not forget that some of our fans dumped popcorn on Bowman when he was hurt and being carted out. It was embarrassing to watch just as I'm sure most Jags fans didn't like it yesterday either.

Exittium

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":adcpuyej said:
Although fans throwing things at players is always wrong, I kind of feel like we are making a bigger deal out of it because we're sour. Let's not forget that some of our fans dumped popcorn on Bowman when he was hurt and being carted out. It was embarrassing to watch just as I'm sure most Jags fans didn't like it yesterday either.
1 fan dumping popcorn vs multiple fans tossing shit?

rossob

Reaction score
Exittium":36pjzmm1 said:
SpokaneHawks":36pjzmm1 said:
1 fan dumping popcorn vs multiple fans tossing shit?
Still, how many fans didn't throw anything? It was just a tiny fraction of the Jaguars fanbase that misbehaved.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Vpk0718":32qmc13u said:
When a few of our fans threw things at Navarro Bowman as he was being carted off, we told people not to judge the entire fanbase because of a minority of idiots. Please do the same here.

This is a very good point.

It's easy to get angry over the classless behavior, especially since it seemed to be coming from multiple sections of the stadium, but there are terrible people that are fans of every football team (including the Seahawks).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
EVERY fanbase has its share of tools. Always have, always will. Just add testosterone and alcohol.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I completely agree to not judge an entire fan base. I'm sure most Jaguars fans are good/decent people

BUT...I'm sorry. There are isolated incidents and there are patterns. We now have Lockett, Wagner, Wright, and Jefferson all with stuff thrown at them. At different points of the game by different fans. That speaks to a culture, whether it's 10% of Jags fans or whatever it is. I find it alarming that this happened to 4 of our players

And so with that, it does make me wonder about what else happened during the game. It just seems like it was already a tenseness environment and it boiled over in the end.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Two ways to look at it:

(1) Fans throwing food at multiple players is scummier than a fan throwing food at one player. I think this is unarguably true.

(2) A fan throwing food at an injured player while he's being carted off is scummier than a fan throwing food at a healthy player, who can at least object to it or fight back. I think this is also unarguably true.

In Conclusion:

Math and reason don't really explain which fan behavior is "worse."

As a result, we can just conclude that regardless of the fan affiliation or precise scenario, fans throwing food at players is really scummy behavior, and anyone who does this should be ejected and potentially banned for much longer than that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2017":thnh6uha said:
Except, cans and bottles can injure. Scumbags.

Obviously scumbags. AFAIK no cans or glass bottles allowed in NFL stadiums. Just plastic. Doesn't change the scumbag designation at all.

Chapow

Reaction score
We can see at least 4 full beverages being thrown at Jefferson in that short clip. You can see maybe a dozen kernels of popcorn land on Bowman in that incident.

1 person with 1 handful of popcorn vs who knows how many people throwing full beverages at at least 4 different players in at least 4 separate incidents.

Yes, all of these acts are despicable, but I just can't see how any reasonable person can say that 1 handful of popcorn is as bad as several incidents of full beverages being thrown at players.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2mutj2s1 said:
Just stop already!
FALSE equivalency. A few kernels of popcorn that got spilt vs full bottles of water being thrown are not the same thing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Whattya mean, man?

That water bottle was NO MORE THAN 1/3RD FULL and if Jefferson didn't want it getting tossed near him HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN STANDING NEAR A RECYCLING BIN.

Jeez, bro.

;)

Jville

Reaction score
So ....... a point has been made about hardware verses software problems.

And ...... that has been followed by mention of differences in aerodynamic verses fluid mechanical considerations.

Entertaining thread.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
1. There wasn't real visual evidence of a fan actually throwing popcorn maliciously... lol... all we see is a little popcorn raining down, anything could have happened to make popcorn fall or spill from the stands. For all we know it could have been a 49ers fan giving Bowman a snack.

Totally different then what happened in Jax, not that it bothers me all that much. But my lack of anger stems mostly from my world views.

2. 99.9% if not the full 100% Seahawks fans, at least here from what I read, have mad respect for Bowman and always have. A lot of us were upset at the incident IF it was in fact a Seahawks fan disrespecting Bowman. And you even had 1 or 2 Seahawks calling out that fan after the game expressing disgust had it been IN FACT a Seahawks fans disrespecting a player.

But as others said, in Jax it was multiple incidents to multiple players, not just one incident that could have been accidental.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3r723ag8 said:

You mean the 3 pieces of popcorn that fell out of the stands?