Are the hawks the most hated team in the NFL?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Is it us, pats or who?

It sure seems like we are. Other fans hate us. Some of our own fans saying hawks lost a 12.

What is going on? Is it because we are poor sports?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its good to be hated by other fan bases, that generally means people are envious of your success.

I can see if some stopped watching due to the anthem protests, but I haven't really seen anyone say they wont watch anymore games because some players don't know how to lose without acting like a bunch of cry babies. Sure its frustrating, but in my 30+ years watching this team I have seen much worse.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I haven't really heard too much hate towards the Seahawks. Individual players sure, but more than anything I hear they hate "the 12's"

Rat

Reaction score
It's basically just Sherman and Bennett that fans of other teams seem to hate.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's good to be hated cause you're good, not cause you have a bunch of thugs playing.

idle Eric

Reaction score
Bobblehead":368kqvhb said:
It's good to be hated cause you're good, not cause you have a bunch of thugs playing.

Exactly.

I fear it's becoming the latter.

getnasty

Reaction score
By non Seahawks fans in the northwest, yes. Now to the rest of the country, no.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2nfzqpkv said:
PPP does a poll every year on the "most hated" NFL teams. The top two most hated this year were the Patriots and Cowboys. Other was 3rd, followed by the Bears (why?),

The damn Oklahoma City Other-I hate their basketball team and I can't stand their fictional football team either. Greedy bastards.

The Bears being so hated is quite strange. They've simply sucked for about 27 out of the last 30 years. For a large market, legacy team they've never been over-exposed and their fans just perpetually and sadly live in 1985.

No surprise on the Patriots and Cowpukes. And we're about where I figured.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1bvan01r said:
Its good to be hated by other fan bases, that generally means people are envious of your success.

I can see if some stopped watching due to the anthem protests, but I haven't really seen anyone say they wont watch anymore games because some players don't know how to lose without acting like a bunch of cry babies. Sure its frustrating, but in my 30+ years watching this team I have seen much worse.

Sherm: emotional cry baby.

Bennett: walking victim.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As an outsider, I don't think the Hawks are widely hated in the way the Patriots and Cowboys are, and not even close. The Cowboys are kind of a funny one in that nationally they're both the most popular and one of the least popular teams.

For fans that do hate the Seahawks, I suspect it's because they think they're loudmouths who play dirty and act like blowhards.

For a point of comparison, even as fans of NFC teams we all remember and know that Greg Schiano is a POS for his guys potentially injuring their opponents when trying to blow up a victory formation. That happened in 2012.

The Hawks have done that four times in the last four years, all against high profile opponents and IIRC all in nationally televised games (one of them being the Super Bowl). You do crap like that and you're gonna get the rep among unaffiliated fans for being scumbags.

TBF I think their rep even predates them too, as college football fans across country had given Pete the "Cheat Carroll" moniker looong before he even went to the Hawks, so when he went to Seattle, and with all the sideline fights and unsportsmanlike stuff, and PEDs, and practice violations and so on a fair number of people who are also college fans saw it and just said "yep, more of the same."

All in all I think "hate" is too strong of a word. You know how nationally the Bengals (deserved or not) have the reputation for being a bunch of criminals? The Hawks nationally (deserved or not) have the reputation for being a bunch of scumbags.

But again, I don't think they're hated or despised in the way the Pats or Cowboys are. People just think they're scumbags, which is kinda funny, given their QB.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We have passed the Pat's thanks in no small part to Michael Bennett. Unfortunately it's been his area of greatest impact this season. I am not saying that he doesn't put forth effort in games though. Personally I believe its a byproduct of Pete's coaching style. It worked for a while but guys are over the top now. It's difficult to put that genie back in the bottle.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2aefg5hi said:
We have passed the Pat's thanks in no small part to Michael Bennett. Unfortunately it's been his area of greatest impact this season.

100% disagree with this. Bennett has a bit of a rep as a dirty player because of this week and the end of the Super Bowl, but it absolutely doesn't encompass or overshadow the Hawks' rep as a team among fans.

Likewise, I know I'm a forever guest here, but I'd ask the mods to please make an effort to reign in all of the off-field-related Michael Bennett sniping that's been going on, which is exclusively coming from one side, and which we are not allowed to respond to.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why does anyone care if we are the most hated team? Usually being hated means your team is damn good. They act like poor sports when they lose, that really sucks. But, I truly don't give a rats fat butt if other people hate the Hawks.