How many points do we need to put up to win Sunday?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Without Wags and maybe KJ, I'm saying we need 40+. I believe we can do it but it'll require Russ to be perfect against a damn good defense that knows how to play him.... And then there's Walsh :pukeface:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't even begin to guess until I see the final practice report on Friday and even then I'll be hoping that it gets better before Sunday

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
sutz":q48e5d15 said:
40? :34853_doh:

I'm thinking 24-27.

I would agree if Wagner and Wright were playing. Thankfully, Clayton seems to think KJ will be okay, but Huard was very doubtful about Bobby playing and Pete seemed pretty pessimistic about it. Maxie's been pretty bad in coverage, our pass rush has ping-ponged between being great and invisible, and McVay seems like a smart coach who will learn from his team's failures in the last matchup.

Rams are getting Robert Woods back and are healthy except their CB2, who is out for the year with a torn achilles. Trumaine Johnson was falsely reported to be in concussion protocol, which Sean McVay dispelled. He also said that their OTs Whitworth and Havenstein are okay despite being banged up. So they're pretty much healthy on offense and our defense will be missing anywhere between three and five pro-bowlers.

2_0_6

Reaction score
We are going to see crossing routes, in all shapes and colors, all game long. If we rollout Garvin, Wilhouite, and Alexander as the starters on Sunday, we will need to score 35+.

irocdave

Reaction score
RW better ice up the arm and eat some coffee beans or something to get the lead out of his ass in the first quarter if the Hawks have any chance at winning the game. RW taking 30 minutes of play to get in to the game and sharpen the knife edge is getting old and costing the team games. He is the highest paid player on the team and needs to play at a high level from the first minute. Having him run the ball several times on the first drive and catering the offensive game plan to jump start him should not be a consideration for a guy making what he does. Jimmy Graham better eat those same coffee beans ...he is right behind RW on the "someone make me feel special so I can get up for playing" list.

It's obvious the D isnt going to win the game for the team and those two players need to step the hell up and earn their money.

No excuses Sunday, it's all on the two guys making the most money. As it shoud be.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
One more than the Rams. Hell, a tie would give us the playoff advantage over them.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
irocdave":54hwcm9z said:
RW better ice up the arm and eat some coffee beans or something to get the lead out of his ass in the first quarter if the Hawks have any chance at winning the game. RW taking 30 minutes of play to get in to the game and sharpen the knife edge is getting old and costing the team games. He is the highest paid player on the team and needs to play at a high level from the first minute. Having him run the ball several times on the first drive and catering the offensive game plan to jump start him should not be a consideration for a guy making what he does. Jimmy Graham better eat those same coffee beans ...he is right behind RW on the "someone make me feel special so I can get up for playing" list.

It's obvious the D isnt going to win the game for the team and those two players need to step the hell up and earn their money.

No excuses Sunday, it's all on the two guys making the most money. As it shoud be.

Don't forget a decent game plan. If we come out with misdirection short pass plays like we did with the eagles, should be fine. If we come out with zero strategy besides north and south long developing plays like we did in the jags game, we are in trouble. We can only ask Russ to produce so much off broken plays and poor exploitation of the weaknesses in the Rams zone coverage at 5-15 yards.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
... or if we catch the ball when we should, stop making penalties that wipe out big plays, get rid of the ball so as to maximize the result when a receiver has gained good separation, stop allowing big kick returns, convert field goals that an NFL kicker should make ... these things lead to a recipe for success when looking at it as a team game.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I am going to assume the Defense will be a little soft this weekend so my thinking is we need to have Butter Finger Jimmy CATCH everything thrown to him, we need to have our Right Tackle not commit STUPID fouls, the team overall needs to keep penalties to a minimum and we need ZERO Special Teams total breakdowns, (likely more but that's all I want to type right now)

If we can do that, I am thinking a 40-50 Burger is what it's gonna take.

I hope I am wrong but time will tell.

GO HAWKS!!!

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
If no Wagner... 40 burger and will still be too close for comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
Impossible to say IMO.

I certainly don't think this game will be a defensive struggle, though!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
We will need to score more than 0 in the first half and i'm not sure we're capable of doing that.

30+ for the game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":9wpsyym8 said:
... or if we catch the ball when we should, stop making penalties that wipe out big plays, get rid of the ball so as to maximize the result when a receiver has gained good separation, stop allowing big kick returns, convert field goals that an NFL kicker should make ... these things lead to a recipe for success when looking at it as a team game.
Oh man, why didn't someone think of having everybody execute 100% of the time earlier?! It's so simple, in hindsight!

RCATES

Reaction score
I believe the Rams will score at will with Wagner and Chancellor being out. We saw what happened last week the moment Wagner went out. Earl, Sherm and the D-Line play a big role no doubt but I think people don't realize how big of a hole we are left with in the middle without Chancellor and Wagner. Bwag's held things together as long as he could. With him being out we're screwed. Defense is sub-par at best with those 2 guys out. Not to mention if we can't get a pass rush like last week. Gurley is going to have a field day on Sunday.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1bjb7nfh said:
One more than the Rams. Hell, a tie would give us the playoff advantage over them.

BIngo, all the rest is specualtion.

I'd not be surprised to see a low scoring game.