The Only Stat that Matters Today? - With Commentary!

AubHawk71

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks, sitting at 8-5, have only one more win than the following teams:

Buffalo Bills: Who's their QB again? This week?
Baltimore Ravens: Flacco needs smelling salts before the game each week due to lack of interest, but...
KC Chiefs: Roller coaster, at least we aren't as frustrated as their fans.
LA Chargers: Rally city. If I were a tin hat aficionado, I'd mention that it's amazing the turnaround the newly minted LA teams are having, considering how much the NFL is banking (HA!) on the success of these media markets - I mean, fans. Maybe change of scenery works wonders.
Dallas Cowboys: No Zeke, but still talented, but still...hmm. Semi-related, Jason Garrett smiling chills me to the bones. Is that a motivator for his players?
Detroit Lions: Even tho he's boo-boo prone, Stafford got the talent, but...still, one less loss than the Hawks?
Green Bay Packers: Tore up from the floor up from season's beginning...yet, even without Rodgers most of the season they are...one game behind the Hawks in the wild card race. SERIOUS food for thought, people.

Parity = Ratings, I realize, but just looking at it from a football perspective... And yeah, some defensive injuries for SEA, but...dang. One game ahead of GB without AR most of the season? Not sure what to make of it. Chemistry and motivation I guess.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,151

Seymour

Reaction score
OK, but what does Garrett have to do with this?

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Nothing. And everything. You may have the X-Ray spex, but he's watching you bro. HE'S WATCHING YOU. He's looking right at you.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,078
OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Watching...

Attachments

• watching.jpg
    watching.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,075

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Looking at that logic aren't we one game behind some of the "top" teams in the NFC? The Panthers? Saints? Tied with Falcons?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3g5xj0bt said:
One game ahead of GB without AR most of the season? Not sure what to make of it. Chemistry and motivation I guess.
This can't be right. Every time I say that Aaron Rodgers is a damned good QB but also overrated, people tell me he's EVERYTHING for the Packers and they are absolute dog crap without him.

Psh. I'll take other peoples' biased opinions over your facts any day.

;)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Are any of those teams heading into this weekend with chance to regain divisional lead positioning?

/endthread

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I guess if they can slide in 7-9 and beat the Champeen Saints, anything is possible. Parity 4 eva!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AubHawk71":dr8e4310 said:
And yeah, some defensive injuries for SEA, but...dang. One game ahead of GB without AR most of the season? Not sure what to make of it. Chemistry and motivation I guess.

Nah, you can't just diminish the role of the injuries that much. They're huge.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been trying to be in denial myself, since you know, it's not just a river in Egypt. But holy hell, at some point, the injuries ARE a massive factor. Incredibly frustrating to lose what they have on Defense. That being said, they are going to make the playoffs.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Despite the injuries the Hawks should actually be 10-3. They donked off those winnable games to the putrid Redskins and Falcons. Underperforming this season if anything.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, football is a trip. A few plays here and there, and your record is completely different. Redskins game was the ultimate pooping the bed.

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
The Seahawks will be edged out of the wildcard spot by the Packers due to iffy officiating calls. Oh well. Go Mariners?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is important to remember that our schedule has been an absolute cakewalk this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And so has the Rams schedule, so what?
Hawks have had/and still have plenty of tough games.

At Green Bay, NOT a cupcake
at Tenn., NOT a cupcake
at Rams, NOT a cupcake
Atlanta, NOT a cupcake
Philly, NOT a cupcake
Rams this Sunday, NOT a cupcake
at Dallas with Zeke coming back, NOT a cupcake

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah, I strongly disagree with the schedule being easy. This is why it's close to pointless to make predictions based on the schedule in the offseason, but it's so fun so I keep doing it :)

I agree with Soulfish. Beyond the teams, if you look at the QBs we've faced, it was NOT easy.

Rodgers (elite), Mariota when he was healthy (really good), Watson (electric), Cousins (really good), Ryan (really good), Wentz (MVP candidate), Goff twice (really good offense). I'm only grateful we were able to avoid facing the Savior for more than two plays. We also have to play Dak with Zeke next week.

The Rams faced mostly the same teams, but flippin' Savage instead of Watson, hurt Mariota, Tolzien instead of Brissett (though it wouldn't have mattered), Keenum (though his team is tougher overall than the Packers), and were up against the Eagles and lost to Foles. Much easier schedule. Except.... they must face the Savior in week 17.