Depending on the outcome tomorrow

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Is this era of the LOB done? And when we win another one will it be under a different nickname?

I feel like its already written. Kam, and Sherman and avril all gone. Maybe 2 of the 3 retiring. It makes me bummed out to see such a fun seahawks era. Do I think we can win another under PC and Russ? Yes. I really do.

However I feel like this lob mantra is gonna be slammed shut. Time is always the winner. This isn't a doom thread but just what I feel.

I feel we have another title out of Russ and Pete but not the defense in charge.

Thoughts?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
We will not win another one under this coaching regime and yes, the LOB are done. Chancellor has not been and will never be the same player he was and who knows how Sherman will bounce back if he does. Earls missing time every season now too.

Seymour

Reaction score
Yes, if we win today then the LOB goes another 10 years and wins 5 SB's. If we lose then the LOB is done and are all ready for a retirement home. :sarcasm_off:

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Technically the Legion of Boom had Browner on the right side, and he was definitely part of the Boom, not just the Legion. He was “suspended” for their first SB and left as a FA by their second, so even when they played in the SB’s it was more of what we now think of as the LOB with just the three originals plus another.

Sadly, the Legion of Boom will retire and the moniker will, most likely, retire with them, much like the Purple People Eaters, Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, and Killer Bees did.

So enjoy them while you can ;)

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":3jh97us1 said:
Yes, if we win today then the LOB goes another 10 years and wins 5 SB's. If we lose then the LOB is done and are all ready for a retirement home. :sarcasm_off:
:stirthepot: :les: :D

adeltaY

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3o0sixas said:
LOB used to be Legion of Boom, but it morphed into Love our Brothers.

It hasn't been the Boom variant in a long time.

Gronk might disagree with that...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
adeltaY":1l6kg6to said:
FlyingGreg":1l6kg6to said:
LOB used to be Legion of Boom, but it morphed into Love our Brothers.

It hasn't been the Boom variant in a long time.

Gronk might disagree with that...

One big hit ... doesn't justify the label. It's kind of a tired thing that should be left with that historic defense.

stang233

Reaction score
You guys are crazy if you think Sherman is done. He will move to safety if he lost too much speed and continue to ball.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Why do people think Sherman would be a good safety? He has a pretty thin frame (look at his legs) so I doubt he could be an SS and there's no way he's rangy enough to be a FS.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The season isn’t over tonight is it?

Wht these constant “what if” threads with the season still going?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Passing defense was still in the top 5 before everyone got hurt, why does every new extremely negative poster act like they're all dead? Richard was still causing QBs to avoid his entire side of the field before his tear.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
mistaowen":349lj4kb said:
Passing defense was still in the top 5 before everyone got hurt, why does every new extremely negative poster act like they're all dead? Richard was still causing QBs to avoid his entire side of the field before his tear.

New poster? Long time lurker. Hawk fan since birth. Ms fan since birth.

Not being negative at all. You sound silly. I'm being factual. The LOB can't stay healthy anymore. Facts.

That's not being negative Nancy, that's being honest.

Love fans who try to call out fans they think aren't as old or big as em.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
mistaowen":i3vvqxvb said:

And your younger then me. So I'd be a fan longer then u. Sat through every gm win or loss. TV stays on.

So continue on "newbie".

SeaChat

Reaction score
The LOB is not a collective of names, it defines a defensive strategy and the consistent execution of it. So long as the defensive philosophy and practice of it remains in tact, so will the LOB continue to exist. I won't discount the outstanding performances of many of the players who made up the original LOB. Lets remember that those that have left the LOB and had gone on to play elsewhere, did not stand out in the same way they did with the LOB.

The outcome of today's game or this season, will have nothing to do with the evolution or continuation of the LOB. They will exist as long as our defensive coaching strategy exist.. As for Pete Carroll and future SB opportunities, no one can predict those things, it's a game and there are to many variables to predict such things with any accuracy. Is Pete Carroll capable of leading a team to a SB Championship? obviously he is, and may very well pull it off again this year.

Asking if the LOB will continue to exist because players come and go, to me, is like asking if the 12th man will continue to exist because some of us grow old or are only fair weather 12 ve's, who support their hawks when they are winning, and as a result come and go. The answer is the same, the 12 is a collective spirit, and philosophy that exist no matter which specific or random members come and go. It is made stronger or weaker by the number of and commitment of its members to the Seahawks, just as is the case of the LOB.

LONG LIVE THE LEGION OF BOOM !

Go Seahawks !