It's not how you start but how you finish....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope they put this stupid saying to rest. It does matter how you start as proved many times this season. It was re-emphasized again in today's game. This game was over in the first quarter for all intents and purposes.

blaisio

Reaction score
Also the saying .... we need to watch the tape... vs actually putting thought into correcting what is wrong. They have watched a lot of tape and there has been zero corrections.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
That's when we had prime d and prime lynch. It feasted on tired defenses and attacked line dimensional o.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
They only outscored us by 1 in the 2nd half. We finished strong!

strohmin

Reaction score
Well according to that mantra, The Pete era will be remembered as a failure because he is surely not finishing strong.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This entire philosophy died when we couldn’t finish in the super bowl. It was dumb to begin with.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Vpk0718":x1moheov said:

They weren't try to score either. Professional courtesy, ya know

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GeekHawk":ge78dxak said:
hawkfan68":ge78dxak said:
for all intensive purposes.

For all intents and purposes. Just sayin'. :irishdrinkers:

Sorry, I'm channeling my inner Roland! :mrgreen:

Thanks. It has now been corrected. The price I pay for not proofreading before hitting the submit button. :2thumbs:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1zoy4e8p said:
BChawkfan":1zoy4e8p said:
Vpk0718":1zoy4e8p said:

Then....why did they go for it on 4th and one....several times?

Teams do that all the time in blowouts.

original poster

Reaction score
Seanhawk":35a2xs5v said:
Bigpumpkin":35a2xs5v said:
BChawkfan":35a2xs5v said:
Vpk0718":35a2xs5v said:

Then....why did they go for it on 4th and one....several times?

Teams do that all the time in blowouts.

Perfect time to practice.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Amazing how everyone goes off the deep end on one big defeat. The mantra of finishing strong has been upheld repeatedly over the course of Pete's career and I see no reason why it won't continue to do so.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":26qp3h6d said:
The mantra of finishing strong has been upheld repeatedly over the course of Pete's career and I see no reason why it won't continue to do so.

And there lies your problem. Your blind to whats actually going on with the team.

sdog1981

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":32dwl7jh said:
Siouxhawk":32dwl7jh said:
The mantra of finishing strong has been upheld repeatedly over the course of Pete's career and I see no reason why it won't continue to do so.

And there lies your problem. Your blind to whats actually going on with the team.

Don’t respond to him. He is a Troll with limited time on this site once Bevell goes he will have to delete his account.

sutz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2hxpz7ua said:
Siouxhawk":2hxpz7ua said:

The philosophy pre-supposes the team keeps it close from the start. From Mac's fumble and the breakdowns on ST after the O failed to move the ball meant that didn't happen.

I always add a clause to the mantra:

You win games in the 4th quarter, sure, but you can lose games in the 1st quarter.

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":2q15u1wy said:
pittpnthrs":2q15u1wy said:
Siouxhawk":2q15u1wy said:

The philosophy pre-supposes the team keeps it close from the start. From Mac's fumble and the breakdowns on ST after the O failed to move the ball meant that didn't happen.

I always add a clause to the mantra:

You win games in the 4th quarter, sure, but you can lose games in the 1st quarter.

True. But building a philosophy around it being close in the 4th quarter when there are many inferior teams (on paper) on the schedule is itself a flawed philosophy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First time in a very long time they literally looked like they didn't care in a huge game. Way too many injuries on D for sure. However, that doesn't explain the pathetic joke of an offense. QB running for his life all day, zero blocking, zero running game, pathetic play calling etc. Pete didn't get these guys ready to play, and they lack discipline.