For me, two eras died this weekend...(Star Wars spoiler)

keasley45

Reaction score
At 44, I've been waiting for 36 years to discover what came of Luke Skywalker after Return of The Jedi. After seeing the latest entry in the saga, i wish i could go back to just not knowing. But, like in the movie when Kylo Wren says. 'Its time to kill the past...', there was a truth spoken. Nevermind the fact that the director seemed intent on destroying every vestige of what made the original characters what they were... but i digress. So at the end of the day, I had to let go of what was and acknowledge that now, something new needs to come. Same could be said for the Hawks after this crap of a game and season, if for different reasons. The old characters and directors of this saga just dont work anymore. Yeah, there were injuries, but they dont explain the failures entirely. The script is just bad. The plot is old and lacking, and character development is poor. Time to retool. Keep Pete, adjust the defensive philosophy to accommodate some adaptability, can Bevell and Cable and lets get back to work.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You cannot ask someone to be what they are not.

Well you can...but expecting much of it generally does not work out well.

Pete is loyal and optimistic. He believes in his guys, so we will not abandon them.

And unfortunately, that means as long as Pete is here - we should not expect much more.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Agree. Historically, that's been the case. I really hope that the performance this year is enough of a wake-up call for him to see a change needs to be made. If he cant see it now...

Adapt or die. Simple as that.

strohmin

Reaction score
After the way we lost the superbowl, I immediately felt the aftermath that was about to occur. No matter how many delusional statements about positivity Pete and Russell throw out, there is no way a loss lile that can be overcome without major changes. Bevell had to go that day, but Pete stuck to his arrogant ways and I have been watching nothing but pure dissapointment since then.

Russell also needs to take more of the blame. We can praise Russell all we want, but his play style is what makes our offense so inconsistent. Our offense cannot grow consistently when the QB abandons the pocket so quickly and free flows most of the game. I nelieve Russell has peaked and does not have another championship in him.

Because of how crappy our offense has been these past few years, we ran our defense in to thw ground and they are no longer capable of greatness. I dont know why I kept watching this same over rated garbage for the past 3 years.

This team is done...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2g1hgdqx said:
Pete also does not adapt.
Ding ding, winner winner chicken dinner!

Agreed.

Pete, will always be set in his ways.

Pete's too stubborn and hard headed.

The Hawks need a serious management change.

Paul Allen, we need you to make this change, cause no one else can.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":28pzz1ym said:
TwistedHusky":28pzz1ym said:

Agreed.

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 18122017184215-800x480.jpg
    ZomboMeme 18122017184215-800x480.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,602

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1j0vm6n2 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1j0vm6n2 said:
TwistedHusky":1j0vm6n2 said:

Agreed.

+1

adeltaY

Reaction score
Russell has peaked? Could not disagree more. We need a new QB coach. There is much more development potential with Wilson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
New Star Wars was great because it made changes to stale stories.

That’s the symmetry you should be making

randomation

Reaction score
Got my heart broken twice. Seattle got wrecked and new Star Wars was not good :(

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the new Star Wars, but I know that's as polarizing a topic as any on social media this week....

Threedee

Reaction score
randomation":k38xtpwl said:
Got my heart broken twice. Seattle got wrecked and new Star Wars was not good :(

I absolutely hated The Force Awakens. This one was a huge step forward from that mess. I also liked Rogue One.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":q93qz47z said:
Melodrama.

Nobody was talking like this two weeks ago.

This is the worst loss in this era of Seahawks football and the team has been trending down for a couple seasons. I can see why many of us are pretty unhappy.

I thought Force Awakens was pretty damn similar to A New Hope, but I liked the characters. Thought Rogue One was really overrated and The Last Jedi was interesting. I was hoping the spinoffs would go back in time to the Old Republic or something really bold like that. Instead we got/are getting Rogue One, Han Solo origin movie, etc. IMO there were more interesting places to go.