How do the seahawks retake the NFC west?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Rams are the old us. Niners look really good with jimmy as QB. What is it gonna take for us?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I think we slot in #3 next year. Need to drop terrible contracts and aging players very quickly. Clearly, need new coaching staff. We are in the same spot as the niners were. It’s going to take time to be competitive again.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wait for 5-6 years for the Rams’ young and talented core to age and move to new teams, just like what they had to do the last five years, waiting for the Pete Carroll era Seahawks to die, which finally happened today

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Seahawks have a coach that is Defense first.

But the key to winning is our guys on Offense.

Our defense is no longer the best in the league, or even close.

However, our OL (which an offense depends on) is atrocious and coached by an incompetent.

Our offense is determined by a guy that is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle (if even that). We cannot win with offense when our OC is so pedestrian. In fact, it is likely his being pedestrian that made everyone think our WRs were 'pedestrian' in the first place. Baldwin is a tremendous WR, Graham is one of the best TE, and Richardson+Lockett are pretty damn good WRs. But if the guy driving the car just stays in first gear? Then we are not going to win many games with that guy.

So the bottomline answer to your question is, we have to focus on winning with our best players on offense but we don't have the coaches that can do that.

We have the horses, but not the jockeys.

There is nothing we can do to retake the NFC West, we have to sit back and accept that this is a wildcard team in GOOD years now and it has been a wildcard team for years.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ttwm8zs said:
The Seahawks have a coach that is Defense first.

But the key to winning is our guys on Offense.

Our defense is no longer the best in the league, or even close.

However, our OL (which an offense depends on) is atrocious and coached by an incompetent.

Our offense is determined by a guy that is the living embodiment of the Peter Principle (if even that). We cannot win with offense when our OC is so pedestrian. In fact, it is likely his being pedestrian that made everyone think our WRs were 'pedestrian' in the first place. Baldwin is a tremendous WR, Graham is one of the best TE, and Richardson+Lockett are pretty damn good WRs. But if the guy driving the car just stays in first gear? Then we are not going to win many games with that guy.

So the bottomline answer to your question is, we have to focus on winning with our best players on offense but we don't have the coaches that can do that.

We have the horses, but not the jockeys.

There is nothing we can do to retake the NFC West, we have to sit back and accept that this is a wildcard team in GOOD years now and it has been a wildcard team for years.

Simple fix the oline, get a true big #1 wr and build the offense around the QB.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Not have a massacre on the defensive roster. You know how many pro-bowlers we've been missing this year? Just normal luck on injuries and we kick their ass today (like we did in their stadium earlier this year before our horrible injury luck). Damn it.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":asks6ips said:
Not have a massacre on the defensive roster. You know how many pro-bowlers we've been missing this year? Just normal luck on injuries and we kick their ass today (like we did in their stadium earlier this year before our horrible injury luck). Damn it.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg...what game were you watching? We could of had Kenny Easley out there and it would not have mattered. The offence was seriously exposed today

daketah

Reaction score
If there had been no injuries at all on the defense, would it have held the Rams to fewer than our offense produced?

The defense is seriously depleted, but the offense is nearly inert.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The offense put our average defense in a couple bad spots with some costly turnovers. All of the Seahawks issues this season were put on display today. Offensive line, injuries, special teams...

Kudos to the Rams for sticking it to us. Thanks also for showing our FO that they have a lot of work to do this offseason.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Anthony,

You fix the OL

Get a #1 WR

Focus on offense

You still have the same idiot calling the plays

(PS not sure you can fix the OL without removing the other incompetent coach but I am going to assume for this argument that somehow it is possible?)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It starts with the coaching staff, OC, DC, and O-line coach need to be no longer employed by the team.
Some tough choices on the player personnel need to be made. Cliff, Kam, Jimmy, Mike B, Sheldon, Brown, Ifedi, etc etc, who is going to stay who is going.

RussB

Reaction score
Fire the whole offensive coaching staff and maybe let pete go to.
Let go some of the vets and defense and build an offense that is actually good.
Switch the defensive scheme a little
Hit in the draft again

HawkerD

Reaction score
Need to Draft IMPACT Players. We re hurting with all the trades for draft picks. The Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham and Sheldon Richard trades have slowly bled us.

Reaches in the draft have hurt us.

Trading down has just given us more marginal players.

We need to evaluate talent better and draft for needs.

As far as I am cncerned there are only 7 players that we should definitely keep (Russ, Baldwin, Britt, Wags, Sherman G). The rest could go. I want those six because thaey know what it takes to win and I want the vet presence for the next crop of young players. We should keep Griffen as well.

rossob

Reaction score
HawkerD":2psrphlj said:
Need to Draft IMPACT Players. We re hurting with all the trades for draft picks. The Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham and Sheldon Richard trades have slowly bled us.

Reaches in the draft have hurt us.

Trading down has just given us more marginal players.

We need to evaluate talent better and draft for needs.

As far as I am cncerned there are only 7 players that we should definitely keep (Russ, Baldwin, Britt, Wags, Sherman G). The rest could go. I want those six because thaey know what it takes to win and I want the vet presence for the next crop of young players. We should keep Griffen as well.
That's how I see it too. The FO seems to be blinded by their early Draft success and now they just try to get great players in late rounds even though this strategy hasn't worked out in a long time.

I hope you forgot Earl.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Going to hard with way Rams built, SF is building while just kept status quo. Kam being my personal fav unfortunately has to be let go. McDougal resigned, guy stepped in and contributed. Sherm also a very plausible release with contract and who knows after an achilles. Draft Shaq's brother and have them both. Ultimately its time (beyond time in hindsight) to build with offensive mind set with a franchise QB like Russ. And once again beating a dead horse but need a new play caller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":318rnw2p said:

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! All those injured defenders would have helped the offense score more than 7 points!