a lot of doom and gloom for tomorrow and this season, but...

niveky

Reaction score
From all reports Wagner is doing better this week, Wright is back, Shead is back. Including this season so far, since 2012 with both Carroll and Wilson in Seattle they have gone 21-5 after a loss. Since that time, the Seahawks have only lost 2 games in a row 5 times. Twice in 2015, once in 2014, once in 2012 and the back to back losses to Jacksonville and the Rams this year. In all that time, the Seahawks have NEVER lost 3 in a row. I will probably be called out on this by a lot of the pessimistic and wholly negative fans here at .net for all the different reasons I have seen lately, but I have a good feeling about this game.

I know that doesn't mean anything, and it all comes down to what happens tomorrow at kickoff, but I believe they are going to lay it all on the line. I hope, as I do every year, that they make it to that next game with their playoff hopes alive. If that does not happen, then hopefully things will go better next year. Until they are eliminated in any given year I still have my own hope for this team, and even after that I still pull for them even if others may not see the point. I, for one, am going to enjoy watching the game with my 8 year old son tomorrow regardless of what happens.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly. Tomorrow is about PRIDE. It's an elimination game. If they lose, they know they will be missing the post season for the first time in five years. Russell is going to give it his all as are the other players. I am quite sure the team wants to atone for last Sunday's embarrassment so they will be fired up and motivated to show the world that game was NOT an indication that the Seahawks reign is over.

Will it be enough? Nobody will know until 28 hours from now. But whereas I always say "I can easily see us losing this game", I would say for this one "I can easily see us winning this game".

While last Sunday gave ample fuel to the Legion of Doomers, I expect to see a completely different looking team tomorrow in Dallas.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Aros":aksvlhv7 said:
I agree wholeheartedly. Tomorrow is about PRIDE. It's an elimination game. If they lose, they know they will be missing the post season for the first time in five years. Russell is going to give it his all as are the other players. I am quite sure the team wants to atone for last Sunday's embarrassment so they will be fired up and motivated to show the world that game was NOT an indication that the Seahawks reign is over.

Will it be enough? Nobody will know until 28 hours from now. But whereas I always say "I can easily see us losing this game", I would say for this one "I can easily see us winning this game".

While last Sunday gave ample fuel to the Legion of Doomers, I expect to see a completely different looking team tomorrow in Dallas.

:irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
niveky

niveky

Reaction score
Aros":3spt66af said:

Well said. I think that as grown men who know what they need to do, Wagner and Thomas will just ball and do their jobs for their team, despite the beef after the Rams game. I am hoping that Wilson will do what he has in the past, after the team has faced adversity, and step up and play one of his best games of the season. I also like to think that Carroll will have the team right mentally going in to the game and they will be much more keyed in to what they need to do and how to do it. We shall see. Go Seahawks!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
And if there is no bounce back and they get blown out again we will know the meltdown is complete and the message from coaches to players is dead.

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3l8h2gmm said:
And if there is no bounce back and they get blown out again we will know the meltdown is complete and the message from coaches to players is dead.
Yup hit the nail right on the head with this post!

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Last week's game was an elimination game. They lost to the Rams and so the Seahawks gave up controlling their own playoff destiny. Now to make the playoffs they have to win the last 2 games and pray for a lot to happen with other teams. Odds of making it to the 2017 playoffs is like winning 10 million dollars in the weekly lottery. Injuries and incompetant coaching is dooming this team to an 8-8 record

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Aros":2tfatiqt said:

If the Falcons and Rams win arent we basically just out of the playoffs before we even play our game? Or is there some third scenario where we beat out the Panthers/Saints if they end up with 10 wins as well

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawkMark1976":ds9dj68b said:
Odds of making it to the 2017 playoffs is like winning 10 million dollars in the weekly lottery.

I heard the odds were 27%. I would LOVE a 27% shot at 10 million dollars! :2thumbs:

Optimus25

Reaction score
If Tennessee and Seahawks win today, there will be a super intense week 17 that will bring very much new life to town. And once this team is in, nobody wants to draw a Russell Wilson team in the first round.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
True dat!
And sadly to say, the few people that don't believe this make up the 'vocal' majority of posters here. Which really sucks.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I don't hear many people doubting we can or will win. But I do see Carolina pumping the breaks (pulling Cam late, etc.) and giving Atlanta an easier path to victory. If Atlanta wins, we're out of the playoffs before we even kick off. I have no doubt we'll play well tomorrow, I just doubt it will matter.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":izwwlqqn said:
I don't hear many people doubting we can or will win. But I do see Carolina pumping the breaks (pulling Cam late, etc.) and giving Atlanta an easier path to victory. If Atlanta wins, we're out of the playoffs before we even kick off. I have no doubt we'll play well tomorrow, I just doubt it will matter.

Why would they do that?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Optimus25":1dbwtzf2 said:
If Tennessee and Seahawks win today, there will be a super intense week 17 that will bring very much new life to town. And once this team is in, nobody wants to draw a Russell Wilson team in the first round.

I'd agree with that. Russell always brings an element of danger to an opponent even if they outmatch us. That said, the fear-factor isn't nearly so great as previous seasons. We're looking rather old, hobbled, and crabby these days...

djb28

Reaction score
We win tomorrow and So will the Panthers. They are a better team than Atlanta right now. So that means we get to take this Shit show to the playoffs!