Opening drives

Ozzy

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/944793140581376000

This will fire up the #firebevell crowd but it's a valid criticism. I knew we were bad on opening drives but this is embarrassing. What is Bevell doing in preparation all week? You can't chalk this disparity solely on execution because the difference is huge. Our scripted 15 and opening game script in general is embarrassing. This has to change next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
My gosh that's just atrocious. For anyone to claim this is not centrally based upon the failures of our OC is delusional. Our maligned OC and no one else is responsible for these colossal failures of scripted manure.

How Carroll can continue to tolerate this is even more appalling. Why script any plays anymore? We might as well just quick kick on 2nd and 15 our opening drives because we sure aren't scoring.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
austinslater25":1ctfz5rj said:
https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/944793140581376000

This will fire up the #firebevell crowd but it's a valid criticism. I knew we were bad on opening drives but this is embarrassing. What is Bevell doing in preparation all week? You can't chalk this disparity solely on execution because the difference is huge. Our scripted 15 and opening game script in general is embarrassing. This has to change next year.

I’ve been driving that bus for a few years now.
It’s nice to see the sports mediots and the general public are catching on to how horrible our offensive game planning and play calling are.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yet some will excuse this by saying it's mandated by Pete or that we are trying to feel out the other team's defensive strategies.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s all about scoring more points than the other team on any given Sunday. We’ve been doing that at a highly-impressive clip. Our league-leading fourth-quarter point total is more impressive and meaningful. Chalk up another one for those who understand how Bev engineers an offense that gets the most out of Russ’ abilities, while also pleasing his boss and his specific demands.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
adeltaY":3nl9t3fe said:
Yet some will excuse this by saying it's mandated by Pete or that we are trying to feel out the other team's defensive strategies.
Right on cue.

This post was made by Siouxhawk who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":348rpldy said:
Pretty sure it’s all about scoring more points than the other team on any given Sunday. We’ve been doing that at a highly-impressive clip. Our league-leading fourth-quarter point total is more impressive and meaningful. Chalk up another one for those who understand how Bev engineers an offense that gets the most out of Russ’ abilities, while also pleasing his boss and his specific demands.
he also engineers the lowest scoring points in the first half and some of the dumbest plays i have ever seen .. but yeah those 4th quarter "houdini's" :lol: :lol:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1uv6qy46 said:
adeltaY":1uv6qy46 said:
Right on cue.

This post was made by Siouxhawk who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
It’s how you finish and our coaching staff does a damn fine job of ensuring that we finish strong!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":3gy3xlxm said:
Siouxhawk":3gy3xlxm said:
he also engineers the lowest scoring points in the first half and some of the dumbest plays i have ever seen .. but yeah those 4th quarter "houdini's" :lol: :lol:
I guess it’s how you look at things. Guys like Brock Huard have said all year that his plays are well-prepared.

NJlargent

Reaction score
After getting our face kicked in last week, this game will shed some light on our coaches. Do we come out prepared and angry or do we go through he motions? We have had a week to address last week’s embarrassment. Let’s see

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":31uwcodp said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":31uwcodp said:
Siouxhawk":31uwcodp said:
he also engineers the lowest scoring points in the first half and some of the dumbest plays i have ever seen .. but yeah those 4th quarter "houdini's" [emoji38] [emoji38]
I guess it’s how you look at things. Guys like Brock Huard have said all year that his plays are well-prepared.
That's flat out false. I listen to Brock daily and he's been critical of Bevell multiple times. Bevell is frustrating because he does some good things at times. His floor is also rock bottom as we see here. To say this stat has no bearing on the outcomes of games is ridiculous. Sioux the strange thing about your take is that you're critical of players at times but never Bevell. Can you see how that doesn't add up?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
How sad is that? When I do get a chance to tune into Brock and Salk, it is refreshing to hear their criticism of Bevell, like another poster mentioned. I love listening to Danny, Dave, and Moore, but they don't like to rock the boat. A caller called in to talk about Bevell's faults a few days ago, and they pretty much cut him off. It was ridiculous to hear them tip toe around the situation. It disappointed me to listen to that.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Opening drives are scripted by the OC, that is a terrible statistic to have. The first half offense has been garbage for 3 years now and only comes alive when Russell starts running around in the backfield like a mad man. It's beyond time to start over with the offensive staff.

And Sioux, awesome deflection there. Completely ignoring the stats, once again trolling this board.

Seymour

Reaction score
What they didn't mention is it is an NFL record in futility, and has been since week 23. Every week we fail, we set the bar one game higher. I've been wondering when the media was going to pick up on this and start blasting us with the literally epic failure on early offense we have had going 2 years strong.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
To say that bevel "engineers" anything is an insult to engineers. The only way bevel engineers anything is in much the same way that 'Sanitary Engineers' engineer stuff. The result is garbage.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
While discouraging, I think this is an incomplete statistic, do the Packers, Falcons and Patriots lead the league in in this? Are the Seahawks last or are there others behind them? If they are last, are they tied with one, or several other teams? Are there several other teams that have one, two or much more scoring drives? Just how close are the rest of the NFL teams in this regard?

Without context this is simply an unusual, albeit frustrating, piece of information without much quantification.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Well if you gon28 straight I'm going to guess youre last for at least the past 28 games.