Was the offense really that bad?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Didn't watch this weeks game or last weeks for that matter. Kinda taking a break from being too invested but was wondering if the offense looked as bad as everyone said. We somehow still won by 9 points and we have decent odds to make the playoffs with a win next week.

What say you?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Offense was terrible. Most yards came on broken plays, couldn't move the ball. Lots of 3 and outs. Defense saved the day and might have had their best game of the year.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
25% chance to make the playoffs now. Falcons need to lose and we need to win. This might have been the worst called game bevell has ever had. We were pausing to discuss the horrid route trees and complete lack of options for Russ.

Bev is KILLING us. Nowhere to throw the ball nearly every down.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2mu6dcnh said:
25% chance to make the playoffs now. Falcons need to lose and we need to win. This might have been the worst called game bevell has ever had. We were pausing to discuss the horrid route trees and complete lack of options for Russ.

Ah same as usual probably just trying to convince Pete he still belongs here and not somewhere else as a head coach.

Anthony!

Reaction score
johnnyfever":mecvulvx said:

Despite that as usual Rw still had a decent game, 66% complt, 2 tds, 107 qb rating, 89% of offensive yards, 100% of offesnive Tds, leading rusher etc etc But that was mostly despite play calling and design

Hawkpower

Reaction score
johnnyfever":dl1sfv71 said:

It's only 25% if you consider the outcomes of the two games as even odds.

Not sure that's the case.

Might be splitting hairs, but I would figure the odds are higher.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
for the 13th time this season offense is a straight dumpster fire there is nothing but hail mary bombs or wilson magic 1st half is damn right garbage every game D wins us most of our games. overhaul is needed asap

WmHBonney

Reaction score
When it is week 15 and your QB is your team's leading rusher, then YES, the offense is BAD.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Anthony!":12320v03 said:
johnnyfever":12320v03 said:

Despite that as usual Rw still had a decent game, 66% complt, 2 tds, 107 qb rating, 89% of offensive yards, 100% of offesnive Tds, leading rusher etc etc But that was mostly despite play calling and design

And 93 passing yards on 21 attempts. 4.4 yards per attempt is just horrid. Not all his fault, this offense is terrible top to bottom.

Steve2222

Reaction score
One drive we ran the ball three straight times for 8 yards and punted. All that needs to be said about the playcalling.

red grenadine

Reaction score
The offense was great. Cable has done a great job of coaching up the offensive line and I think they've really gelled

Bevell did a great job of mixing up plays and putting the ball in our playmakers' hands

By any given statistical measure Bevell always has great offenses as long and as you don't watch any plays you'll agree he is amazing and fully utilizes our talent

I expect next week we'll surpass penalty yards when it comes to our offensive production. We keep on this path and by week 36 I think we'll have a playoff caliber offense and we'll be talking extensions for both Cable and Bevell.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
red grenadine":22axqfdf said:
The offense was great. Cable has done a great job of coaching up the offensive line and I think they've really gelled

Bevell did a great job of mixing up plays and putting the ball in our playmakers' hands

By any given statistical measure Bevell always has great offenses as long and as you don't watch any plays you'll agree he is amazing and fully utilizes our talent

I expect next week we'll surpass penalty yards when it comes to our offensive production. We keep on this path and by week 36 I think we'll have a playoff caliber offense and we'll be talking extensions for both Cable and Bevell.

Where is the like button? Best Sioux impression I've seen.

BamKam

Reaction score
The offense was actually pretty good! Coleman made a great catch which he turned into a TD and Maxwell made a huge play as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
We had one Drive after a Dallas turnover that was good. Mixed it up and moved the ball 80 yards for a TD. Only good Drive of the game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How much is it just a truly pathetic OL versus our receivers not getting separation? It seemed to me that Russell - when he did have time to throw - just couldn't find anyone open, like, EVER.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Aros":17oc7vbb said:
How much is it just a truly pathetic OL versus our receivers not getting separation? It seemed to me that Russell - when he did have time to throw - just couldn't find anyone open, like, EVER.

Having re watched it a lot there was very few times anyone was open. The routes they were running were ridiculous, while some times they got open late Rw as already running. Pretty much the same crap we have seen all year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":1cns0e76 said:
No chance scheming and formations might play a role in that, I suppose?

I mean, we did have a rookie CB brag about knowing the play we were running at the goal line based on our formation in the Super Bowl, which he intercepted...

getnasty

Reaction score
Anthony!":2asnq7d1 said:
Aros":2asnq7d1 said:

Having re watched it a lot there was very few times anyone was open. The routes they were running were ridiculous, while some times they got open late Rw as already running. Pretty much the same crap we have seen all year.

Can you give any examples of these plays so the rest of us can see what your seeing please provide down, distance and time so were on the same page. I also rewatched the game and saw Russell missing many open people and not getting the ball out on time but maybe I shouldn't expect him to be elite and just blame the problems on everyone else. Please provide examples and if you find somewhere where he audibles that would be great to note too.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
They had one good drive and that was about it. One touchdown was a pick six, and the other came off a fumble deep in Dallas territory. The mainstream headlines are all going to be about how Dallas lost this game. They more than doubled Seattle in total yards but they had a few terrible turnovers, two missed field goals, and some of the worst offensive playcalling I've ever seen.