Earl Thomas is essentialy irreplacable for our defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

red grenadine

Reaction score
Those calling for a trade, we might as well tear down the team and rebuild if that is what you want. Because without Earl our defense scheme does not work

A tear down might not be the worst idea, but realize what you are implying when you say trade him

IrishNW

Reaction score
how does atlanta run the same scheme without earl thomas?

ducks41468

Reaction score
The only irreplaceable player on 99% of teams is a franchise QB. Your argument is exactly why ET is being such a dick, he thinks he has all the leverage because he's had too much smoke blown up his ass his entire career. No player is bigger than the team

Aw Mang

Reaction score
red grenadine":1no3ctvp said:
Those calling for a trade, we might as well tear down the team and rebuild if that is what you want. Because without Earl our defense scheme does not work

A tear down might not be the worst idea, but realize what you are implying when you say trade him
As they say in business, nobody is irreplaceable.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
LMAO. Are you kidding?

We may not be top 5, but we could still remain top 10. The idea that a really good to great free safety can't be servicable is laughable. We have a franchise QB, we'll be relevant for 10 more years

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
should start delano against the cards everyone is replacable, unless its the Oline :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
R

red grenadine

Reaction score
IrishNW":9zdmhrsx said:
how does atlanta run the same scheme without earl thomas?

They run it much worse, unless you want to say their secondary play is on par with ours (healthy, of course)

OP
OP
R

red grenadine

Reaction score
Scorpion05":34519c2h said:
LMAO. Are you kidding?

We may not be top 5, but we could still remain top 10. The idea that a really good to great free safety can't be servicable is laughable. We have a franchise QB, we'll be relevant for 10 more years

Ok, how will we obtain said really good to great safety? The draft? You going to roll the dice?

It's like I'm the only one here that remembers how our defense played when he was out injured

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Earl crossed the line and his talent be damned. JS will shop him in the offseason if not sooner and rightfully so.

You're not going to tolerate a situation where your players are actively seeking employment with other teams and other coaches during the season-no matter who they are.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Have fun with that.

Just remember what happened to our defense when Earl was out.

I don't care if he likes us or not, the team is better with him.

Nobody cares about your feelings, it is the results that matter.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Realistically he wont be here next year, have McDougald take his spot.

massari

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bzw9aos said:
Have fun with that.

It's looking like he wants out of Seattle. You're gonna settle for his toxic presence in the locker room next season then let him walk for a late 3rd round comp pick? JS should be fired if that happens.

Trade him for a 1st+3rd+5th this off-season and move on.

renofox

Reaction score
red grenadine":36u6330d said:
It's like I'm the only one here that remembers how our defense played when he was out injured

Games ET missed this year:

vs.WASH 14-17 L
@ARI 22-16 W

I agree ET is a great talent that helps the Seahawks win games. However, the D only allowed 16.5/game without him.

ET is not irreplaceable. The actual question is if the drop off from not having him for one more year will be greater than the improvement from improved salary cap and draft choices for the next few years.

Trading ET may be a net positive for the team.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
red grenadine":q5kt71r6 said:
Scorpion05":q5kt71r6 said:
LMAO. Are you kidding?

Ok, how will we obtain said really good to great safety? The draft? You going to roll the dice?

I do remember. I also remember Steven Terrell was a dumpster fire. McDougald isn't

Eric Weddle, Tyran Mathieu, Eric Berry, Harrison Smith. Neither one of them are better than Earl Thomas. But are you telling me if one of them, or a college stud who could play at their level replaced Earl, our defense would be trash? Lol really?

Man oh man. How on earth do the other 31 teams survive, make the playoffs, or have GREAT defenses without Earl Thomas? Sounds like a mystery

He's the best free safety in the league. But enough of this pigeon holed mindset. Our defense would be solid without him. Just keep some other pieces, sure up the O-line, and we'll be okay.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bvd3633 said:
Have fun with that.

What would Bill Belicheck or most great coaches do when there's a guy in the locker room that seems all about himself and not the team?

Hint: He's even benched players for being late. Heck, he's kicked out his star QB's guru and didn't give two craps what he or anyone on the team thought

Team culture matters

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Interestingly, there are 31 other teams without him and a lot of them are doing great.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2260kgn4 said:
TwistedHusky":2260kgn4 said:
Have fun with that.

What would Bill Belicheck or most great coaches do when there's a guy in the locker room that seems all about himself and not the team?

Hint: He's even benched players for being late. Heck, he's kicked out his star QB's guru and didn't give two craps what he or anyone on the team thought

Team culture matters

Exactly, and you replied to your own post in the other thread.

Team culture matters, coaching matters. Yep.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Earl is awesome, the best free safety we've had on our team but he is by no means irreplaceable. I would much rather him retire a Seahawk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.