Could Panthers purposely sabotage hawks playoff hopes?

RussB

Reaction score
I know this sounds ridiculous. But Panthers are already in no matter what, it makes no difference to them. What if they just pull starters to be petty.

Or is this reaching?

Steve2222

Reaction score
RussB":3tlwgbmq said:
I know this sounds ridiculous. But Panthers are already in no matter what, it makes no difference to them. What if they just pull starters to be petty.

Or is this reaching?

Laughably reaching. Pretty sure the Panthers would much rather face the Seahawks then Division rival Falcons in the playoffs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seahawkwalt1967":26znd52z said:
I’d say they keep the starters in.. they would most likely prefer knocking the Falcons out

Panthers can also still win the division....

Crizilla

Reaction score
panthers will want the division title and ATL is a division rival

a lot to play for

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If the Saints lose, then Carolina is playing for the division. Luckily all 3 games will be happening at the same time

NINEster

Reaction score
NY Giants fans still talk about 1988, and how the 49ers "laid down like dogs" in the final game against the Rams to keep NYG out of the playoffs.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the theory was started.

Only a question if any team actually did purposely sabotage a team's playoff hopes.

The Jaguars face a similar situation themselves.....knock out Tennessee next week or potentially face another team.

Steve2222

Reaction score
NINEster":3ierrhhx said:
NY Giants fans still talk about 1988, and how the 49ers "laid down like dogs" in the final game against the Rams to keep NYG out of the playoffs.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the theory was started.

Only a question if any team actually did purposely sabotage a team's playoff hopes.

The Jaguars face a similar situation themselves.....knock out Tennessee next week or potentially face another team.

I think people get the point of Sabatoting another teams shot at the playoffs. The point is why would the Panthers rather play the Falcons than the Seahawks? Nobody is scared of Seattle anymore. That ship has sailed.

Jaguars also haven't won their division yet. No reason why they wouldn't be playing to win.

poly1274

Reaction score
Steve2222":3fixn4u3 said:
RussB":3fixn4u3 said:

Or is this reaching?

Laughably reaching. Pretty sure the Panthers would much rather face the Seahawks then Division rival Falcons in the playoffs.

So wrong.

Panthers would get 5th seed and Falcons would get 6th seed. They wouldn't play each other till the championships, and playing against Falcons is easier than playing against Seattle.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RussB":2bvd3kt6 said:

Or is this reaching?

It makes a huge difference to them

If the Vikings somehow blow it against the Bears then going into that 1pm game the following is on the line

Panthers could be looking at potentially nabbing the #2 seed to being the #5th seed depending on how a few other games play out

lukerguy

Reaction score
Carolina is still playing for the division and a home game in the playoffs.

CAR/ATL has been flexed to 4:25 ET
NO/TB has been flexed to 4:25 ET

Seahawks play at 4:25.

First of all the Panthers hate the Falcons more than the Seahawks. Second of all the Seahawks aren't feared; they've lost 6 games this year. Lastly, and really the only important point is that if the Panthers tanked, and somehow NO lost playing at the same time, the Panthers would have given up a home playoff game.

END THREAD.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Another bonus is that the Bucs played Carolina tough so they are probably thinking there is still a chance they could beat the Saints.

Steve2222

Reaction score
poly1274":32p1l6v6 said:
Steve2222":32p1l6v6 said:
RussB":32p1l6v6 said:

Or is this reaching?

So wrong.

Panthers would get 5th seed and Falcons would get 6th seed. They wouldn't play each other till the championships, and playing against Falcons is easier than playing against Seattle.

There's no way in hell the Panthers would rather play a team that knows them so well like a division rival over a Seahawks team with an offense that can't get out of its own way.

No team is afraid of the Seahawks this year man.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Subzero717":qzxac4ys said:
We need to worry about beating Arizona.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Drew Stanton and no AD is not real frightening

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
poly1274":3v3ku2jn said:
and playing against Falcons is easier than playing against Seattle.

giphy.gif

hawknation2017

Reaction score
This thread makes no sense. Carolina is playing for the division title and home field advantage. They play Atlanta at 10 a.m. PST. New Orleans doesn't play until 1:25 p.m. PST. Carolina's only shot at home field is beating Atlanta and hoping for a New Orleans loss to Tampa Bay.