Sherm's Tweet

seahawksny

Reaction score
Thoughts?
We have gotten spoiled after years of mediocrity. It clearly is a miracle this team potentially could go 10-6

"1 win away from another 10 win season!" Sherman tweeted. "The fans that have turned on players and coaches. You should be ashamed of yourself. This team has overcome Tons of adversity and shown incredible resolve. There are teams out there that haven't had a winning season in years. Be grateful."

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/945087738512060416[/tweet]
A lot of the ungrateful fans have identified themselves in this forum.

Let's hope they can muster more understanding and love for family members and neighbors than what has been directed at coaches and players in the last 18 hours.

Cherish the day ....... there will be no refunds or do overs.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Jville":3sk1mmzx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/945087738512060416[/tweet]
A lot of the ungrateful fans have identified themselves in this forum.

Let's hope they can muster more understanding and love for family members and neighbors than what has been directed at coaches and players in the last 18 hours.

Cherish the day ....... there will be no refunds or do overs.
And yet we're at the game, buying $20 beers, buying $200 plastic shirts, paying salaries week after week. Some fan bases travel with the team spreading money again paying salaries.

It's not o it of line to demand a different story line. This is entertainment

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Tusc2000

Reaction score
getnasty":26due10r said:
I think he's spot on.

I agree. All Sherm needs to do is read through this forum and see the number of douchebag fans whining and complaining following a 21-12 win over a pretty good Dallas team that had their star RB return with fresh legs.

The game wasn't perfect, we all know about the O-line issues but it is mind boggling to hear some people throw RW under the bus after the season he's had.

We'll probably go 10-6 this year, which isn't so bad considering the season-ending injuries to a number of pro bowl players on D -- and our starting RB and LT early on. I remember when the Bears went 10-6 a few years ago, missed the playoffs because of a tie breaker and then fired their HC Lovie Smith. I think that was the last time the Bears had anything close to a winning season.

So yeah, things could be better but they could also be a helluva lot worse. I don't blame Sherm one bit for calling this out.

warden

Reaction score
I totally agree with Sherman. Fans in general are stupid

seabowl

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Fans have turned on players and coaches? Seems like the players too have turned on some of the coaches and rightfully so in the case of Bevell. I haven't heard of any criticism of Cable from the players standpoint but I'm sure they are at least thinking he is an issue. Also with the fans seeing the antics of Bennett and now what Earl did yesterday with Garrett after the game, how can you blame them.

The entire fan discontent IMO goes back to poor management of the team. Pete IMO has gone from a leader when he first got here to now more of a bystander. Leaders don't let underperforming coaches and players stay for years and hope it turns around. In addition they reprimand when a player gets out of hand. They take the bull by the horns and force change when it's needed. This is what he and John did when they first got here and it was awesome. I can't believe he let it get to this point.

Here's to hoping he gets the moxy up once again and takes control.

sutz

Reaction score
Love the tweet and the sentiment. Some of us can criticize honestly without all the hyperbole and calling for heads and looking for things to carp about.

Lots of things went wrong in the Dallas game, the score came out right.

:les: Get off my lawn!

Seymour

Reaction score
Yes, and the players that have turned on their coaches should be ashamed as well. :roll:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":xif4997m said:
Yes, and the players that have turned on their coaches should be ashamed as well. :roll:

Which players have turned on their coaches? LOL.

You keep making stuff up. You said you wanted Richard Sherman to get burned. Maybe you should consider following a different team?

cymatica

Reaction score
If Sherman can call out Bevell during a game for his play selection then why can't the fans?

He must be spending too much time reading tweets and taking them seriously. If your goal is to get people emotionally investing into your product, then what do you expect?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
cymatica":e0r6lwv7 said:
If Sherman can call out Bevell during a game for his play selection then why can't the fans?

He must be spending too much time reading tweets and taking them seriously. If your goal is to get people emotionally investing into your product, then what do you expect?

For some reason, I don't think he is referring to the Bevell criticism. The offensive play calling has been an albatross that has held down the defense for years. I think Sherman has been pretty restrained in his criticism in that regard.

The defense, on the other hand, is overcoming the odds despite an incredible number of injuries. Our DC actually deserves some credit for what he has achieved. He has newcomers Griffin, Coleman, McDougald, etc. playing at a surprisingly high level.

Jville

Reaction score
cymatica":2nf8p9bw said:

There is a the huge difference between participants on the field and sideline interacting in the heat of a contest and that of any gaggle of spectators engaged in speculation and supposition from a far.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawknation2017":9rovdf8e said:
cymatica":9rovdf8e said:

For some reason, I don't think he is referring to the Bevell criticism. The offensive play calling has been an albatross that has held down the defense for years. I think Sherman has been pretty restrained in his criticism in that regard.

The defense, on the other hand, is overcoming the odds despite an incredible number of injuries. Our DC actually deserves some credit for what he has achieved. He has newcomers Griffin, Coleman, McDougald, etc. playing at a surprisingly high level.

Most of the fans are blaming Bevell and Cable and understand the D sucks because all of the injuries. So again, what's Sherman's point? He calls out Bevell too.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sherm speaks the truth. Some keyboard warriors are frankly embarrassing.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Steve2222":k5dq4qxp said:
hawknation2017":k5dq4qxp said:
cymatica":k5dq4qxp said:

Most of the fans are blaming Bevell and Cable and understand the D sucks because all of the injuries. So again, what's Sherman's point? He calls out Bevell too.

I think twitter has given fans an avenue to directly attack or bully individual players. I wish the players would ignore it, but it seems many do read those criticisms.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Completely agree with Sherman.

Like many others, I was so disappointed with the loss last week.

However, yesterday, I took out my No. 25 jersey and watched the game not knowing what would happen. My thought was that "there are only two more games and the season will end."

Seattle football fans have waited since the beginning of time to have a team like this.

People are so critical of EVERYTHING now days. I guess it's part of the new and less improved culture.

P.S. I love Sherm's outspokenness. He's one of my favorite players and I've missed seeing him on the field since his injury.