Is our QB giving us $20 million a season's worth?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This is a question and not meant to flame anyone so let's be civil here.
I was watching Oakland with their great OL and yes great RB so here we are.
Honestly I feel like with PC as coach he is not and it may not be on him.
We won a SB with a game manager,great D and great RB so that may be all we need?
On RW end I feel like he is limited in seeing the field and locks on one Wr too much.
I also do not feel he takes control like an elite would and lead the offense.
I guess at this stage I feel like we should be seeing more from him (audibles/checking off).
The not stepping into the pocket or being lazy at it gets to me.He is not getting faster.
My answer again at this point is no and I'm not so sure it gets better with any OC.
:icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new:

Gio

Reaction score
Definitely ! Seahawks have scored 40 TDs this season and RW is involved in 35 of them (32 passing TDs and 3 rushing TDs)and he's our rushing leader. He's a master on keeping plays "alive" with that offensive line and i can't name a QB that could do the same behind this OLine. I was thinking about Prescott but we all see what happened when Zeke left and what Dak was doing under pressure. Russ is a special player and he's limited due to bad coaching staff. If we actually hadnt those injuries (Carson, minor injuries - Rawls, Prosise) , he could do a lot more.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Kelly Stouffer...

We have a chance every week and other than 1 game this year, we've been in absolutely every game. 20 is the market price and I have no issues with it at all especially given the value we got on his rookie contract.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Quick question, who leads the league in TD and is also top 5 in total yards?

Is that worth $20m?

Also, Oakland sucks. They have a great OL and a great RB and are 6-9.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Russell is responsible for about 90% of the offense this year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Is he worth 20 million? Yes. Is it ok to be critical of the most important player on the team? Yes.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Two weeks ago, the national media had him as a leading candidate for NFL MVP.

After the debacles of the last two weeks, count that award as just another thing that Cabevell has prevented Russ from attaining.

getnasty

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3ba74tsk said:
Two weeks ago, the national media had him as a leading candidate for NFL MVP.

After the debacles of the last two weeks, count that award as just another thing that Cabevell has prevented Russ from attaining.

The national media is also talking about Case Keenum for MVP so that really means nothing.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3rqiqcrg said:
This is a question and not meant to flame anyone so let's be civil here.

I’ll try to answer without sounding too sanctimonious.

I was watching Oakland with their great OL and yes great RB so here we are.

While the score allowed Oakland to truly stay dedicated to their game plan, run the ball and take shots down field (vary comparable to what the Seahawks try to do), in the end Marshawn still only averaged 3.8 ypc very similar to Davis’ 4.0, Of coarse Russells three TDs proved the difference in a Seahawk win compared to Carr’s one in their loss.

Honestly I feel like with PC as coach he is not and it may not be on him.
We won a SB with a game manager,great D and great RB so that may be all we need?

There have been teams that have won Superbowls without great QB play, but by far most, have had QBs that are playing at a superior or elite level with their peers. Even fewer teams still can consistently win without that kind of play from their QB. To assume any QB can do that is a dangerous road to attempt to travel.

On RW end I feel like he is limited in seeing the field and locks on one Wr too much.

Nobody seems to think that about the next shortest QB in the league (Brees). There are some who tend to think Russell plays “sandlot” football too much which should dispel any notion he “locks on to” any one person or thing. But as fans, I think we see what we want to see more often than not, so to each their own.

I also do not feel he takes control like an elite would and lead the offense.

He is over 80% of the Seahawks offense now, I suppose he could be over 90%, but I’m not sure if that would be better or worse.

I guess at this stage I feel like we should be seeing more from him (audibles/checking off).

I’m pretty sure he does, there are people that feel he’s at his best during a two minute drills or hurry-up offenses when he is making decisions at the line. More or less, I’m not convinced that’s this offense’s problem.

The not stepping into the pocket or being lazy at it gets to me.He is not getting faster.

Again I believe he does, perhaps not as often as, you, the coaches, other fans, or even I would like, but on the other hand he is one of the best QBs in the league outside the pocket with the ball in his hands. To limit that part of his game would be limiting one of his strengths. But here I tend to agree, I think it would benefit him more if he did stepped up into a clean pocket more often, assuming there is one to move in to, as opposed to bailing out as often as he does.

My answer again at this point is no and I'm not so sure it gets better with any OC.
:icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new: :icon_new:

Here it’s hard to say. Would a different OC better fit Wilson’s style of play, or is Russell talented enough to fit another OC’s style of offense? Personally I think it’s the latter, if required to, he is talented enough to succeed in any style offense he’s ask to play. I’m just not certain that is the only problem with this offense.

Finally in answer to the title question, in a world where adults are paid millions of dollars to entertain the masses, be it sport games, movies, TV, theater, or concerts, Russell probably falls about right in what it cost for him to entertain us.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Like I said in the gameday forum, what would you like him to audible to? Out of one poorly designed play with no hope of success to another poorly designed play with no hope of success? Might as well just go with the first POS play and hope for yet another scramble-miracle. It's no coincidence that the better RW knows the offense and the more he can run it as designed, the worse we get.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
GeekHawk":26i29ops said:
Like I said in the gameday forum, what would you like him to audible to? Out of one poorly designed play with no hope of success to another poorly designed play with no hope of success? Might as well just go with the first POS play and hope for yet another scramble-miracle. It's no coincidence that the better RW knows the offense and the more he can run it as designed, the worse we get.

You should make that your signature.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Which of these QB's are worth $20 million a season?
---One of them hit the cap for over $20 mil this year. The other 2 hit for under $15 mil.
----All three will hit for over $20 mil next year

------Career Numbers
QB1
Leading < 2 min to go (75% comp, 116.7 rating)
Leading < 4 min to go (70.59% Comp, 130.5 rating)
Tied < 2 min to go (100% comp, 118.8 rating)
Tied < 4 min to go (100% comp, 118.8 rating)
Trailing < 2 min to go (54.67% comp, 98.3 rating)
Trailing < 4 min to go (57.62% comp, 94.7 rating)

QB2
Leading < 2 min to go (55.56% comp, 62 rating)
Leading < 4 min to go (61.02% Comp, 87.2 rating)
Tied < 2 min to go (64.29% comp, 58.6 rating)
Tied < 4 min to go (70% comp, 68.3 rating)
Trailing < 2 min to go (53.25% comp, 83.4 rating)
Trailing < 4 min to go (55.86% comp, 88.6 rating)

QB3
Leading < 2 min to go (83.33% comp, 116.0 rating)
Leading < 4 min to go (74.00% Comp, 139.8 rating)
Tied < 2 min to go (72.73% comp, 114.8 rating)
Tied < 4 min to go (65.22% comp, 93.8 rating)
Trailing < 2 min to go (52.33% comp, 73.7 rating)
Trailing < 4 min to go (56.31% comp, 82.9 rating)

QB1
Leading (65.24% comp, 105.0 rating)
Tied (62.23% comp, 89.6 rating)
Tailing (63.95% comp, 97.7 rating)

QB2
Leading (64.34% comp, 101.9 rating)
Tied (66.33% comp, 98.5 rating)
Tailing (62.02% comp, 90.8 rating)

QB3
Leading (65.78% comp, 108.4 rating)
Tied (65.84% comp, 105.9 rating)
Tailing (63.89% comp, 98.1 rating)

getnasty

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2h68cofv said:

If it's 3rd and 3 and Bevell calls a run and the defense loads the box I'd expect Russell to be able to get us in a quick slant or out or something that has a better chance of working, It's concerning he doesn't audible more.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3lxkkh54 said:
Is OP familiar with the term MVP?
The second Rams game proved that Bobby is MVP of this team. He was hobbled and we got crushed. Russell played and we got crushed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
getnasty":3m9dbv8o said:
GeekHawk":3m9dbv8o said:

If it's 3rd and 3 and Bevell calls a run and the defense loads the box I'd expect Russell to be able to get us in a quick slant or out or something that has a better chance of working, It's concerning he doesn't audible more.

And you know he doesn’t? Most plays have read pass option in them. Or so I’ve heard numerous times from interviews. So he clearly can change and switch.

Russ is one of the best under pressure from blitzes so he’s obviously seeing that and getting the ball to the right guy.

None of us really know what latitude Russ has. This post is mere guesswork.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
All I’ll say is, if Jimmy G in San Fran had Russell Wilson’s exact numbers and production, very few fans or media would be so skeptical of him. They’d worship him at his feet

It is a shame that I truly believe Russell Wilson will be dismissed as second fiddle his entire career no matter how many rings he wins, or numbers he puts up