Let's get Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
So is the objective to get to the playoff's, or a 10 game winning season, or is it the Lombardi Trophy? I myself would think it's the Lombardi Trophy.
I don't sit around watching the games like I'm sitting watching a High School football game, If our local Kids get beat sure I say that's all right we'll get them next year. I would rather have a 6-10 season then to see this team go 10-6 at least maybe Pete would see on the offensive side of the ball things need a change as far as coaching.

The offense has progressively got worst for the last three years bring in some fresh faces we're a couple of coaches away from another Lombardi, That's how I see it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
onepicknick1":35c74pwm said:
So is the objective to get to the playoff's, or a 10 game winning season, or is it the Lombardi Trophy? I myself would think it's the Lombardi Trophy.
I don't sit around watching the games like I'm sitting watching a High School football game, If our local Kids get beat sure I say that's all right we'll get them next year. I would rather have a 6-10 season then to see this team go 10-6 at least maybe Pete would see on the offensive side of the ball things need a change as far as coaching.

The offense has progressively got worst for the last three years bring in some fresh faces we're a couple of coaches away from another Lombardi, That's how I see it.

Amen!

Palmegranite

Reaction score
In that case, for your own sanity, go back to watching high school games or perhaps pick a different team to root for. A 6-10 team that racks up a lot of yards on offence may be more to your liking. You're just making yourself miserable and spreading it here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onepicknick1":2wyiesjt said:
So is the objective to get to the playoff's, or a 10 game winning season, or is it the Lombardi Trophy? I myself would think it's the Lombardi Trophy

Depends on the team and what that team's realistic expectations were before their season started.

For many teams, just making the playoffs is the objective. But for the Hawks? No, with this group of players, coaches and owner I'd think nothing short of getting to SB's is a failure.

The question should be as a fanbase, owner, coaching staff and players was this an unrealistic expectation?

getnasty

Reaction score
Maybe you should go cheer for the Browns. Espcially this year if we get in anything can happen. If we used your way of thinking we would have never had the playoff experience of 2011 which was big for the years that followed. If you want new coaches fine but you don't have to lose to do that.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The goal of the regular season is to win the division (which they have failed to do) & the goal of the playoffs is to win the Super Bowl. Now they are left with possibly winning their 10th game & hoping they make the playoffs.

sutz

Reaction score
Actually, the 'objective' is probably a bit more nuanced than that...at least for me it is.

First goal is to win the division. Oops, well we missed that.

Next goal is to make the playoffs. Can't hoist that Lombardi if you're sitting home in January.

The basic goal is always, and I repeat always, to win every single game as it comes. More often than not we accomplish that. 10 wins is a nice little participation trophy, but it is not in itself, any kind of a final goal. That's one of those resume padding things you pick up like stats and stuff. It doesn't get you a banner in the rafters.

Now, if your goal is to get a higher draft pick so that you can draft more Seahawks to your fantasy team, well, go on and root for them to lose.

:34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And so many people claiming they want the team to lose for better picks. What in the actual hell is that?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Just because you think something, doesn't mean it deserves its own thread.

We have so many threads on the subject of the team, its strengths, weaknesses, future, etc.

Add to the others

Status
Not open for further replies.