Thomas Rawls getting the ball more vs ARI

ivotuk

Reaction score
This should have happened long ago. He's a dynamic runner, but RBs don't get on track with a carry here, and a carry there. That's idiotic.

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":18wx3zb9 said:
This should have happened long ago. He's a dynamic runner, but RBs don't get on track with a carry here, and a carry there. That's idiotic.

I would agree, but I heard Rawls was in the doghouse for missing blocks more than anything else. That and his occasional mental attacks that he has had this year have kept him from getting his shot. This team doesn't have the firepower on offense to work guys through these re-adjustment periods anymore unfortunately.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":211atub5 said:

I agree.

Although I have noticed he's come down with Christine Michael syndrome as of late.

(Christine Michael syndrome: jumping around after a 5 yard run, talking smack to anyone near by and getting happy feet at the line of scrimmage.)

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Carroll has been saying "hopefully" Rawls would get the ball more for a while, even before games in which he was inactive. He made a similar comment about "thinking" Russell Wilson should have been taken out of the game at the end of the Rams' blowout. This suggests that Carroll is deferring to the offensive coaching staff quite a bit. He's giving them every opportunity to sink or swim, I think.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I don't think any RB we have had been very successful this year and the only one that was doing well was Carson. Partially the RBs but mainly the OL.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has more rushing yards than all four of the running backs on the active roster combined. That means that either all four of those running backs suck, or that none of them actually get an opportunity to rush the ball enough to establish some consistency.

Or Both.

Reaction score
I'm fine with this as long as he's hitting the assigned hole as directed and not trying to cut back or outside on runs. Far too often this year, he didn't trust his blocks and did what I described above and lost yardage....and in many of those situations a hole was opening up RIGHT WHEN he made a cut.

That's where I think Davis has been a revelation - he's got a good enough stutter step where if a hole isn't there, he'll stutter step and then allow the hole to open and then run right through it.

Jville

Reaction score
I would love to see Thomas Rawls have a big game.

But, I'll temper that with a recognition of replacements for the offensive line that got the nod for their pass blocking skill. The two strongest run blockers are no longer on the active roster. One is on injured reserve and the other is now with Indianapolis. There is also the difficulty of sneaking a 6th lineman, with telegraphing effects, on the field in lieu of a joker tight end. Those dark creases have been darker this year and allusive at times.

In my eyes, finesse trumped power for 2017. I think some off season retooling is in order before the running game can, once again, become productive and consistent. Of course, Rawls does have the opportunity to get a head start on the return of any running game. I'd love nothing more than to see fewer negative plays and more explosive plays out of a running back in this the upcoming regular season finale.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":shiyp9rv said:
Russell Wilson has more rushing yards than all four of the running backs on the active roster combined. That means that either all four of those running backs suck, or that none of them actually get an opportunity to rush the ball enough to establish some consistency.

Or Both.

More likely it means that Wilson has room to run because his runs come out of passing plays, where the linebackers have dropped back and cleared out.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3nrq07yz said:
ivotuk":3nrq07yz said:

I agree.

Although I have noticed he's come down with Christine Michael syndrome as of late.

(Christine Michael syndrome: jumping around after a 5 yard run, talking smack to anyone near by and getting happy feet at the line of scrimmage.)

So true. CM was a strange brew out there.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":a8c75vov said:

Or Both.

Yep......"Or Both"

getnasty

Reaction score
That's not saying much considering he's got like 5 carries in the last 6 weeks. I'd rather see Davis and least turn a 2 yard loss into a 1 yard gain. Rawls has to get a head of steam to do anything something our OL doesn't always let happen.

Jville

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":xxz3qd4i said:
http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/27/thomas-rawls-to-get-more-carries-against-cardinals-after-frustrating-season/

Interesting.

I find myself still a believer...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TRawls810/status/726476799878684672[/tweet]

Seahawks Running Back Thomas Rawls Spends Christmas Anonymously “Brightening Up People’s Day” >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/12/27/seahawks-running-back-thomas-rawls-spends-christmas-anonymously-%E2%80%9Cbrightening-people[/urltargetblank]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So Rawls is going to get more carries in the last game of the season. *sigh*

Gio

Reaction score
I hope so. We need all of them to contribute offensively. Let's get this W !

themunn

Reaction score
It's all been part of the coaching staff's plan to make sure that we have a fully fresh fully fit RB going into the playoffs this year - and we want to take the wildcard route into the playoffs because we've been much better on the road this year and want to show everyone we don't NEED homefield advantage to win the SB

:2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one who yelled at the TV on Sunday, telling Rawls to just stop his taunting and get back to the huddle? :roll:
He has done absolutely nothing this season, and when he finally has a good run he has to do his little dance and stare at the defender, lame.