Cardinals at Seahawks Preview

hawknation2017

Reaction score
QB Russell Wilson vs. Arizona Blitz – The last time these two teams played, the Cardinals blitzed 12 times on 40 passing plays. Wilson was sacked three times, but when they didn’t get to him he completed eight passes for 35 yards, two touchdowns, and accrued a passer rating of 122.5. The Cardinals are currently tied for fifth in blitz percentage, as they blitz on 37 percent of passing plays. Meanwhile, Wilson has been very efficient when defenses send extra pressure at him. Wilson has completed 82 passes on 131 attempts while being blitzed for 1,131 yards, 13 touchdowns, five interceptions, and a passer rating of 100.4, well above the 88.6 league average.

SEA177 1024x576

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... t-seahawks

sutz

Reaction score
Well, if he can avoid too many of those 25 yards sacks, it looks like he could get some things done. ;)

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Russell used to be much more efficient under pressure. I wonder if the injury he suffered last year has messed with his head at all.

I would like to see him climb the pocket more often. When he runs backwards, it becomes 1-on-11 football. At that point, he should just throw the ball away or turn upfield.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7419523p said:
I knew as soon as he took that long sack he would get shredded by those who love to do that :lol:

9 out of 10 times he makes a great play in that situation. But that one time he doesn't... man it looks ugly.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
That was pretty bad. He still goes into weird panic mode from time to time out there but I've seen less of it this season.

I actually think RW had one of his best seasons yet - put the stats aside. From a whole personality/leadership perspective he's far stronger than he used to be. Now we just got to pull some weeds from the team, get him some help, and see if he can push us back into a serious playoff threat next year...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't imagine what he would do with good blocking. Might confuse him, like "what's this blocking stuff, I gotta' get my cardio in from running around from the defenders?"

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3s3tmu29 said:
I can't imagine what he would do with good blocking. Might confuse him, like "what's this blocking stuff, I gotta' get my cardio in from running around from the defenders?"

Good point!

Blindside

Reaction score
I watched the highlights of last year's Cardinals vs. Seahawks at Century Field. Seahawks couldn't run the ball on short and goal situations even if their lives depended on it. This week, their playoff lives do depend on it so I hope the front line blocking and RB running are done well. The Seahawks have to learn and adapt. If trickery is needed then do so. We can never underestimate the good defense of Arizona. No one in Arizona's team is going to lay down just because they are out of the playoffs. The team that wants the win and does what is needed will deserve to win the game. I just hope the Seahawks are ready to play! Go Hawks!

:D :D :D