Some of us OG's can remember needing help to get in.....

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I can remember back in the dark days, I'd get all excited that there's a chance for playoffs but it'd never work out. I hate having to count on another team because it's usually a disappointment but I can't help but imagine how this team that looked all but done could really still cause some playoff damage!

JGreen79

Reaction score
I remember in the late 90's needing the Chargers to win to get in.

The crazy thing if they get in is... I wouldn't be surprised if they played like they did against the Eagles all the way down to like they did against the Redskins. I'd only be surprised if they played like they did the last time they played the Rams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, so many seasons of just doing math in December, hoping we could get in etc. Shoot, just get in the dance, anything can happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The difference is back then it was life and death for me, cause I felt like we were cursed and we'd never win a SB. That anxiety was crippling for me, and would wreck me for months if we didn't make it.

Now that weight has been lifted and we've experienced some crazy success the past 6-7 years. So I'm going into this weekend expecting us to not get into the playoffs...........so if we do? Awesome.

James in PA

Reaction score
I remember the 1999 season. Holmgren’s first year. We needed the Raiders of all teams to come through for us. And they actually did on a late (or OT?) field goal by beating KC. I remember watching that winning kick in a sports bar and being so fired up. A couple guys in Raiders jerseys said something like, “you guys owe us one.” Made me feel kinda dirty, but it ended a long playoff drought. On the flip side, there was the 1986 season. Hawks were sitting at 5-6, then started crushing everyone to finish 10-6. They were the hottest team in football, but needed some help that final week to make the playoffs, but didn’t get it. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semiahmoo

Reaction score
James in PA":3rl7y660 said:
I remember the 1999 season. Holmgren’s first year. We needed the Raiders of all teams to come through for us. And they actually did on a late (or OT?) field goal by beating KC. I remember watching that winning kick in a sports bar and being so fired up. A couple guys in Raiders jerseys said something like, “you guys owe us one.” Made me feel kinda dirty, but it ended a long playoff drought. On the flip side, there was the 1986 season. Hawks were sitting at 5-6, then started crushing everyone to finish 10-6. They were the hottest team in football, but needed some help that final week to make the playoffs, but didn’t get it. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember that 10-6 season - and you are right. We were crushing opponents. What a Jekyll and Hyde team that was!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
In the 80's I remember plenty of times needing help..9-7 never got it
I think one year 10 didn't do either.
That is what happens when you lose games you know you should have won.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I thought we backed in that year if I remember correctly. I thought we lost to the jets and then the raiders won in OT and I remember our TE celebrating watching the winning FG kick on TV

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think it was the 1986 season when the Seahawks won their last 5 games to finish 10-6 but didn't make the playoffs. They were the hottest team and most predicted they would go to the SB but it just wasn't in the cards for them.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
If Seattle won the super bowl this year nothing else would matter.

The end of existence would happen.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Yup, in `86 we won the last 5 in convincing fashion. That team most likely would have won the SB had they got in. Pretty sure they steamrolled the eventual SB winner that year (Giants) in their 5 game streak at the end of the reg season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":193cwkxk said:
If Seattle won the super bowl this year nothing else would matter.

The end of existence would happen.
If that’s the case, then so be it! 8)

MOSES

Reaction score
I want to say in 2003 we needed like a lot of weird things to happen. The saints beat the Cowboys (at the time, a big upset), and i started to think it was possible.

For some weird reason, it came down to an Olindo Mare field goal for Miami to beat the Jets and that meant we were in. Something about common opponent records or something weird.

I THINK that was 2003. The "We'll take the ball and we're gonna score" year.

Crazy times.