Why are we playing on NEW YEARS EVE?!?

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Is the league stupid? So new years eve happens to be on a sunday.. PUT THE GAMES ON SATURDAYYYY!! Or even new years day when everyone is at home watching TV anyways... Now they have a year where ratings have been a let down, and they decide to have all the games on New years eve when alot of people cant watch?

Ok sure, west coast is fine, but essentially all international viewers in europe (like me) are screwed, and even most people on the east coast are probably screwed since the games will end around 7.30 PM when alot of people are in the midst of dinner plans.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS? Whats the point in making a gazillion dollars as an athlete if you cant make it to your fancy dinner party on Park Avenue wearing a bespoke tuxedo, but you are stuck saying "the ball didnt quite bounce our way" on a post game press conference in a stupid baseball cap?!?

So this scheduling CLEARLY sucks for ME, the players, half the east coast, and the rest of Europe, AND the NFL for getting guaranteed crap ratings.

ARGHHHHH!!!! :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble:

907Hawk

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":tv0amrqe said:
Is the league stupid? So new years eve happens to be on a sunday.. PUT THE GAMES ON SATURDAYYYY!! Or even new years day when everyone is at home watching TV anyways... Now they have a year where ratings have been a let down, and they decide to have all the games on New years eve when alot of people cant watch?

Ok sure, west coast is fine, but essentially all international viewers in europe (like me) are screwed, and even most people on the east coast are probably screwed since the games will end around 7.30 PM when alot of people are in the midst of dinner plans.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS? Whats the point in making a gazillion dollars as an athlete if you cant make it to your fancy dinner party on Park Avenue wearing a bespoke tuxedo, but you are stuck saying "the ball didnt quite bounce our way" on a post game press conference in a stupid baseball cap?!?

So this scheduling CLEARLY sucks for ME, the players, half the east coast, and the rest of Europe, AND the NFL for getting guaranteed crap ratings.

ARGHHHHH!!!! :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble: :rumble:

NFL football is played on Sunday, period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, all the college games on Saturday, NFL on Sunday. No big deal. Next year Xmas eve and New Year's Eve are both on a Monday.

sutz

Reaction score
violin-old-new-670.jpg

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My crew is all excited about a NYE Game, then heading home and celebrating, safe and sound and off the roads. And if we somehow get in the playoffs, it's on.........

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3gdialef said:
Believe it or not, not everyone thinks New Years Eve is the best holiday/day in the world.

Truth. I'll take it a step further and call it the lamest. Everybody and their mother out on the town acting like they are having their first beer.

Steve2222

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3gb9g082 said:
Believe it or not, not everyone thinks New Years Eve is the best holiday/day in the world.

This.

And Oh darn the players can’t celebrate NYE. Their 5 month offseason is completely ruined.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1oett65l said:
seahawkfreak":1oett65l said:

Truth. I'll take it a step further and call it the lamest. Everybody and their mother out on the town acting like they are having their first beer.

I agree. Maybe its cuz I'm not a huge party type of guy but an excuse for adults to get hammered.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
I seriously don’t understand what the big deal is. Football games serve as an awesome backdrop for hosting New Years Eve parties.

However, whether or not the Seahawks make the playoffs will decide if I am motivated enough to stay up till the ball falls or not.

Seymour

Reaction score
So Sunday is New Years eve in Sweden too? I would think they would have a metric New Year. :twisted:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Doesn’t bother me one bit.

I plan on staying home, steak on the grill, a dozen nice craft beers, and a freaking Seahawk game.
Fist time in about 5 years I haven’t had to work NYE or NYD one.

I’m actually pretty stoked about the situation.

Cheers
And may all y’all have a blessed NY.

Edit:
“All y’all” is plural for Y’all
:{)

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
NYE is nothing more than Amateur Night.
Enjoy the game everyone.

original poster

Reaction score
I for one am overjoyed I get the spend NYE watching football!

My wife is pregnant so will be in bed by 9pm anyway :)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
College Bowl Games
The NFL would lose out to the NCAA in the ratings war.

Rainger

Reaction score
Because the Hawks ARE NOT playing on new years EVE!!

They are playing in the middle of the day on a Sunday. The game ends by 4:30. That is not Evening!!!

NY eve starts later. Much later. Plenty of time to watch the game and still enjoy a NY eve. Even if you are east coast you have 5 1/2 hours until the ball drops. Plenty of time to get plastered.

In fact it will be that much better of a New Years party with the Hawks in the playoffs!!

For me I am watching the Hawks at 7:30 AM on new years day.