Paul Richardson to request over $7 million per year

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I would imagine that Paul Richardson is going to want more than old HS teammate, Robert Woods, got from the Rams in free agency ($34M/5 years-worth a max of $39M). Paying Richardson probably means losing Tyler Lockett when his rookie contract expires after the 2018 season.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-seaha ... -112884173

No idea who this guy is or how accurate (or speculative) his numbers are. Not sure though I keep Paul for that amount (although he's absolutely earned it and I would love to keep him). The only wideout I can see the organization staying committed to is ADB. He, along with Russ and Wagner, are the only three that are priorities in my book. Everyone else is expendable.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn’t want him around at those sort of numbers.

Draft is the way forward with WR2/3

pugs1

Reaction score
while I'm a fan of P-Rich and love what he brings to the table. I would not pay him seven million per year because of his injury history. The roster and pratice squad have several younger WR's who need to show out or move out!

19 Tanner McEvoy: suffering through a sophomore slump. I hope he can bounce back. I'd think 2018 is a make or break year for him.

84 Amara Darboh: has gotten on the field sparingly as a rookie but has the talent to make it. Hopefully he makes a big jump in year two.

83 David Moore: moved from PS to active to protect him from being poached. Tells me the Hawks have plans for him. I really think he is one to keep an eye on as P-Rich's replacement.

2 Trevone Boykin: listed as a WR on the PS. I had no idea he was converting to WR be we know he is a good athlete.

13 Cyril Grayson: Everyone's favorite project! it will be a longshot but again another top notch athlete to work with. I'd expect he needs to make a big jump this offseason to stick.

Doug is Doug and IMO Lockett will be better another year removed from his injury. I would think this is a loss the Hawks could overcome.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
This offseason, the Hawks are going to need to find all the pennies in the couch cushions they can ... and I firmly believe Richardson is going to be one of those cap casualties. That's why they drafted Amara Darboh and David Moore. And like you Pugs1, when I saw them move Moore to the active roster in order to protect him ... that really signals to me that they have real plans for this guy. I like Richardson quite a lot ... but I highly doubt he'll be here next year. I'd be shocked if he were. His replacements are already here. That's why Darboh and Moore were drafted.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
If the coaches are as high on Darboh as reports suggest, then I expect Darboh to step into the #2 spot for less money. Though honestly I'd be surprised if Richardson got that much with his injury history.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
If we were going to spend that much on a receiver, which I doubt we do, wouldn't we rather have Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'd rather keep him and let Lockett walk next year (as we can't keep both). I haven't seen any evidence yet that Lockett will ever return to his former speed.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
In this offense as a WR it's not happening.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3r1ou0v5 said:
if not 7 mill, how much is he worth?
I'd like to see the Hawks keep him for another year or two (at most) at somewhere in the $3.5 - $4.0M area.

I'll be surprised if another team is willing to invest $7M/year for three or four years. Really surprised.

JGreen79

Reaction score
$7 mil next year will put him just below Marvin Jones and Kenny Britt, and just above Muhammad Sanu and Robert Woods

Subzero717

Reaction score
original poster":3swnmr92 said:
Yeah I wouldn’t want him around at those sort of numbers.

Draft is the way forward with WR2/3
If we had decent draft picks this year or the ability to draft WRs with any consistency I'd feel better about that idea.

PRich is definitely worth that kind of coin. He is a victim of our offense or lack of one. I would absolutely take him over Lockett. My opinion doesn't matter and he will be lighting it up next year. I just sincerely hope he isn't in SF chumping our secondary the next few seasons.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawknation2017":10ugayjt said:
Richardson is an "average" graded WR on PFF:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pl ... rdson/8680

He doesn't get open consistently and is so thinly built that he is susceptible to injury,

Lockett is still on his rookie deal, so no need to get rid of him yet.

If we were going to splurge on a 2nd contract WR, then I think we could do better.
7 million isn't really splurging. That's about half of what elite receivers get. So, what he's asking for makes sense in theory.

What makes you think he isn't getting open?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Subzero717":12dbm09y said:
hawknation2017":12dbm09y said:
Richardson is an "average" graded WR on PFF:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pl ... rdson/8680

He doesn't get open consistently and is so thinly built that he is susceptible to injury,

Lockett is still on his rookie deal, so no need to get rid of him yet.

If we were going to splurge on a 2nd contract WR, then I think we could do better.
7 million isn't really splurging. That's about half of what elite receivers get. So, what he's asking for makes sense in theory.

JMO, but I would rather spend $8.7 million on Marqise Lee than $7 million on Paul Richardson.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville ... ket-value/