People are hurting. Be gracious.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A lot of folks are upset and disappointed right now. It's a hard ending to the Seahawks season and nobody wanted this to happen.

Which means that if you choose this moment to rush in here waving your arms about how "I told you so" and trying desperately to get people to admit you were right, you're not going to get the Kudos you want. All you're going to do is get yourself disliked. This isn't the time to rub it in people's faces in some desperate search for validation. Or even to further a narrative about coaches getting fired. Talk about salt in the wound.

If you're going to be credited for predicting a mediocre season, let it happen on other people's time, without you doing anything to force it. That's how the most respected posters on this board have done it.

Everyone have a happy New Year.

sutz

Reaction score
And.....how long have you been posting on the Internet?

:twisted:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am disappointed. But I quit being upset a while ago.

Some of the best times in my life have been at playoff games and for the past several years - we really have not had many at home to allow us to go to games at.

It really frustrates me that we can watch a team with the pieces to put it together but terrible mistakes/decisions higher up just cut hamstring this team.

And when we run Pete out of town, and we eventually will, the next coach is going to be worse. So I do not see many people that are going to cheer for that day, though I will buy a bottle of champagne the day Bevell is let go. Just like I did when the Huskies fired Ty Willingham.

Maybe we can pick up the pieces and make one last run next year, but only with a competent offense.

At least Atlanta did not lose, it would have hurt much worse if we blew this with a chance to go to the playoffs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hoping so good things happen from the crap that happened this season.

A couple of offensive coaches need to be gone, and some players that are dead wood.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1h06leow said:
Hoping so good things happen from the crap that happened this season.

A couple of offensive coaches need to be gone, and some players that are dead wood.

Amen!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I think you're wrong. I believe that there are several people here who take pleasure in this happening just so they can say they're right.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Except you don't know who is dead wood because you have terrible coaches responsible for them.

Remember how bad Alex Collin was here? I suspect a number of 'terrible' players would do much better under competent coaches.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Fans hurting and upset are the same ones (along with Seattle media "yes man) that continue to kiss Pete Carroll's backside and buy everything he says. Please continue to waste your $$$ and time on another season of this total garbage. 3 yrs of mediocrity since SB fail.

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":j9qcwb35 said:
And.....how long have you been posting on the Internet?

:twisted:

Exactly.
Over dramatic much?
Playoff chances were 10% just a week ago.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great post.

Those who say "I told you so," immediately lose respect because it's easy to come in after the fact, single out a negative post and say "see?"

If you're hanging your hat on that, it really reflects poorly on you.

Any day, week, or year, anybody can say something negative about an NFL team and be correct. Low hanging fruit and such.

This is a good time to let off steam, talk about the negatives, and propose solutions.

I for one, am ready to see a new Offensive Line coach. I think Tom Cable has gotten too comfortable, and we need somebody young and hungry.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3rtpn33s said:
A lot of folks are upset and disappointed right now. It's a hard ending to the Seahawks season and nobody wanted this to happen.

Which means that if you choose this moment to rush in here waving your arms about how "I told you so" and trying desperately to get people to admit you were right, you're not going to get the Kudos you want. All you're going to do is get yourself disliked. This isn't the time to rub it in people's faces in some desperate search for validation. Or even to further a narrative about coaches getting fired. Talk about salt in the wound.

If you're going to be credited for predicting a mediocre season, let it happen on other people's time, without you doing anything to force it. That's how the most respected posters on this board have done it.

Everyone have a happy New Year.
If assholes rush in here doing that????BAN HAMMER THEIR ASSES!!!!!!!!

seahawksny

Reaction score
Nobody's saying I told you so
We all just want to see the team win
Please stop insulting others

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
I am happy we lost. Now the major changes that NEED to be made will be made faster than they would have been, had we have limped into the playoffs.

True 12’s know that we weren’t going to make it passed the wildcard round anyways.

Let the off-season changes begin!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39gi0j0b said:
Except you don't know who is dead wood because you have terrible coaches responsible for them.

Remember how bad Alex Collin was here? I suspect a number of 'terrible' players would do much better under competent coaches.

You raise a good point - one I'm certain has been raised by those within the organization itself.

The coaching scheme in Seattle has been a mess for some time and you're 100% right that it's hard to truly determine a player's true potential when they are forced to play within a subpar system. I'm speaking more to the offense here. The defense has been sliding primarily due to age and accumulated injury.

The offense though - oof it's ugly!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2132vfit said:
I am disappointed. But I quit being upset a while ago.

Some of the best times in my life have been at playoff games and for the past several years - we really have not had many at home to allow us to go to games at.

It really frustrates me that we can watch a team with the pieces to put it together but terrible mistakes/decisions higher up just cut hamstring this team.

And when we run Pete out of town, and we eventually will, the next coach is going to be worse. So I do not see many people that are going to cheer for that day, though I will buy a bottle of champagne the day Bevell is let go. Just like I did when the Huskies fired Ty Willingham.

Maybe we can pick up the pieces and make one last run next year, but only with a competent offense.

At least Atlanta did not lose, it would have hurt much worse if we blew this with a chance to go to the playoffs.
AND, not only O-Line screw-up players, but STAR DEFENSIVE player SCREWUPS that muff up the NEEDED STOPS, allowing Stanton......Bruce Ariens STANTON?!?!?! of all people, to turn our Defense into the Browns.
Gotdamnit--Heads need to roll.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I can't find the emoji of arms waving, but I told you so.

I didn't use caps on purpose so the wound will heel faster.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I don't see anyone here enjoying the loss today or seeking validation with prior predictions. However to tell people how they should or should not express view points is wrong--the fundamental concept of a forum is to express and read different opinions. No one forces one to read any post or any thread.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1fes79gd said:
I don't see anyone here enjoying the loss today or seeking validation with prior predictions. However to tell people how they should or should not express view points is wrong--the fundamental concept of a forum is to express and read different opinions. No one forces one to read any post or any thread.

MUST...KEEP...QUIET...
;)