This final game epitomized our entire season.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Thinking about our season and all the good and bad were present in this game.

1. poor performance in the 1st quarter
2. penalties
3. missed field goals
4. dropped passes
5. Russell Wilson hit, sacked, running, etc.
6. Iffedi gets a dumb penalty.
7. O lineman hurt
8. 2nd half transformation
9. Amazing play by Baldwin

Probably a lot more not coming to mind right now?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Read my mind. I condensed it down to the last 5 min or so:

-Needless penalty to extend the Cardinal drive for the winning FG
-Terrible coaching to get conservative and setting up the long FG vs getting closer.
-And the missed FG to boot.

With all the injury issues and o-line problems, the team still could have made the playoffs with more disciplined play and a better kicker.
I wish I could be 100% sure we will see changes to address the season long issues.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":19nhhu0o said:
Hah, Pete said the same thing in his presser.

I still like Pete but I have gotten into the "talk is cheap" mode. Time to do something about it. It's not just concidence that some coaches contantly have teams that don't take penalties or play smart football. Maybe that's not Pete's style, but imo future success for him will depend on him looking in the mirror and making some adjustments to his overall philosophy.

White Devil

Reaction score
The final drives on both defense and offense epitomized the season.

3rd and long, opponent pinned deep and has to punt - Bobby Wagner bonehead roughing the passer penalty. Cards continue drive and march down the field for the game winning field goal.

Offense has plenty of time to get just inside field goal range by passing the ball. 3 straight runs and settle for a 47 yard field goal. Blair Walsh misses.

I do think this team can benefit from a full offseason. Their first in 6 years. Need to take a hard look at the roster and make some tough decisions.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We play like a 6-10 team in the first half of most games.

Then like a 10-6 team in the second half of most games.

but Parcells pointed out, you are what your record says you are. Our record says we are 9-7 and ultimately we are not much better than that.

9-7 teams don't get to go to the playoffs consistently, so expecting it probably was a mistake.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Offense has plenty of time to get just inside field goal range by passing the ball. 3 straight runs and settle for a 47 yard field goal. Blair Walsh misses.
first down with 2 min to go and the mindset is already settling for a long field goal by playing prevent offense? Why not try going for a TD and put the game out of reach? A field goal with time left might have left Arizona with enough time for a field goal of their own and win the game. Oh well.