CJ Prosise UNDER CONTRACT
Chris Carson UNDER CONTRACT
Eddie Lacy UFA no way he is back
Mike Davis RFA tendered
Thomas Rawls RFA maybe, really no risk to bringing into camp
J.D. McKissic ERFA will be brought back, no risk

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
I really like our potential stable in Prosise, Carson, Davis and McKissic if brought back.

Oline has got to be addressed to help these guys out.

Exittium

Reaction score
Carson, Davis, and JD the rest can take a hike

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Carson, Davis, McKissic is all well and good, especially Carson. Need to draft Barkley even if we move up, I think. We need to seriously make a go at this to get a return to consistency.

Procise might actually need to move to WR. It could really help him stay healthy and it would also give us a Tate or Harvin type player. Moore can probably be that kind of player too, but we'll see.

timmat

Reaction score
Impossible to properly evaluate RBs when they fight to beat defenders to the handoff. I think this group would be serviceable if the O line is addressed as the #1 priority, and the "draft and develop" mantra is ditched. No more projects.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pretty telling that in one of the best RB drafts in recent history, our FO (that supposedly values the run game) picks up a RB in the 7th.

And then, foolishly banks the season on it?

There were a number of great RBs available (and great secondary players) and we picked a red-flagged DL player who immediately shows why he was red flagged right after, because he was an idiot.

There are some decent RBs in the draft and RBs are very often undervalued in the current NFL. But whether this staff has the ability to go get a great RB? I doubt it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I've already begun watching college RB film as of last week. Barkley really is playing the game like he's having fun just being better than everybody. It's not like he has the average college RB wide open holes to run through all the time. He does sometimes, but even when he's surrounded he just busts out with a multitude of moves, explosion, and power. Dude is legit. Better than any back that came out last year and also a better prospect than Gurley and Elliott. He's literally just out there playing like a little kid....just flat out better than everybody.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'll take Carson, JD, Davis, Prosise and a rookie and roll with that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team needs a bell cow RB.

Maybe Carson is the guy, but considering how awful all the others were the pile needs to be considerably deeper and the RB running game coordinator needs to go.

getnasty

Reaction score
It's more about the OL then the RB. Look at Gurley last year now look at Gurley this year. Zeke goes out and Rod Smith and Alford Morris look legit. Sure there are a couple of guys that are special but I would draft one in the first round.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Davis was never awful. He's a good #2 and really nice #3. I'm sure he wouldn't like that, but Carson really is a quality prospect that has produced within an awful offense behind a horrid OL. I'd still like that ther guy to go with Carson. We need to get back to Seahawk Football. Not footloose.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley is a dream that will never happen. I would be tempted to take Myles Gaskin; seems like the kind of RB who will excel in the pros. Agile, explosive, low center of gravity, tackle breaker, excels on zone runs. He's a pretty good receiver too.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2017":34dq4avh said:
Saquon Barkley is a dream that will never happen. I would be tempted to take Myles Gaskin; seems like the kind of RB who will excel in the pros. Agile, explosive, low center of gravity, tackle breaker, excels on zone runs. He's a pretty good receiver too.
Despite stats, I'm leaning at taking Gaskin before I would take Love. The board wouldn't play out that way, however, which would be in the Hawks favor. I think Gaskin is the better pro, but I don't think everyone's board looks the same there. Gaskin has an insane center of gravity (you absolutely nailed that), which is what gives him the power of a bigger back than he is. Love doesn't have it. Gaskin is harder to get off his feet and attacks defenders when it's appropriate to do so as if he knows he can break a tackle. It's sort of a trait to look past the defender who's directly in front of you. It's one of the better traits of RBs. It's a second vision so to speak. Multi-leveled. He has it and is explosive and dangerous and again, surprising power.

I'm willing to give up a lot for a shot at Barkley. He's a generational back. It really does look like it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":87kl4uq3 said:
Barkley does not impress me but Gaskin does.
I'd keep Carson and Davis..The rest not so much especially Mr.Glass

hawknation2017

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2vf3x9hh said:
hawknation2017":2vf3x9hh said:
Despite stats, I'm leaning at taking Gaskin before I would take Love. The board wouldn't play out that way, however, which would be in the Hawks favor. I think Gaskin is the better pro, but I don't think everyone's board looks the same there. Gaskin has an insane center of gravity (you absolutely nailed that), which is what gives him the power of a bigger back than he is. Love doesn't have it. Gaskin is harder to get off his feet and attacks defenders when it's appropriate to do so as if he knows he can break a tackle. It's sort of a trait to look past the defender who's directly in front of you. It's one of the better traits of RBs. It's a second vision so to speak. Multi-leveled. He has it and is explosive and dangerous and again, surprising power.

I like Love, but he gets hurt a lot; could be another C.J. Prosise. I don't mean to jinx Gaskin by applying the "sure thing" label, but he's been remarkably consistent throughout his career and is good at just about everything you would want from a RB, including pass blocking. Three years, never missed a game. He might not be a 4.4 guy, which could drop him on some draft boards. With the right coaching, he could be next year's Alvin Kamara.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hey, I like the Huskies. It's one of the many home state teams I root for. I know what he came in and did to them in limited duty, even. That's all squash compared to what he could do for the Hawks. I'm beyond tired of this unbalanced offense. Barkley/Carson/Davis and let's play Hawk ball.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2mnfvlys said:
hawknation2017":2mnfvlys said:
Barkley does not impress me but Gaskin does.
I'd keep Carson and Davis..The rest not so much especially Mr.Glass

What's not to find impressive about Barkley?