I'd rather have Maxwell than Sherman

King Dog

Reaction score
A cheap Maxwell that is. He's decent. I love Sherm and he's a complete stud, but a $13.2M cap hit is a killer and we could use some draft picks and cap to get a few good offensive lineman once Cable and Bevell are gone.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Why not keep both?

But I agree that Sherman could be used in trade discussions, just like he was last off-season. I'm just not convinced we will receive an offer that warrants losing him.

Griffin, Maxwell, Shead, Coleman, Sherman. That's a lot of good corners!

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Nope..sorry..Maxwell did ok but I’d rather have Sherman. It’s different if we have another rookie coming through but Maxwell has been found out a few times..Sherm, not so much.

Eamon696

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":24ql27h0 said:
Nope..sorry..Maxwell did ok but I’d rather have Sherman. It’s different if we have another rookie coming through but Maxwell has been found out a few times..Sherm, not so much.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Who trades for an aging CB making 13 mil coming off a torn achillies???? I could see him being released but I doubt anyone trades for him

Jville

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the return of Byron Maxwell. He fit back in rather quickly into Pete's system.

Byron Maxwell finished strong in 2017 for Seattle.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Why are many suddenly forgetting how effective Sherman still was playing this year? He had a couple INTs in a half season and rarely gave up a big play. 13 mil cap hit or not, you can't replace his talent, knowledge, intensity and leadership.

He could still be performing at a high level for a few more years. I like Maxwell and see no reason why he couldn't be back next year as well.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Why does this have to be either or? I hope we have both in ‘18.

mistaowen

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1y41n4if said:
Why are many suddenly forgetting how effective Sherman still was playing this year? He had a couple INTs in a half season and rarely gave up a big play. 13 mil cap hit or not, you can't replace his talent, knowledge, intensity and leadership.

He could still be performing at a high level for a few more years. I like Maxwell and see no reason why he couldn't be back next year as well.

Selective memory by some. Richard shuts down half the field in the passing game. He's still worth every penny.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If we are rebuilding, then yes give me Maxwell plus $7-10M in cap space over Sherman. If we are gunning for it, keep both.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
the single most important factor, besides a competent QB, in a SB winner is great corners.

Every (almost) SB winner in almost the past 10 years had fantastic, not just adequate corners.

Sherman is a great corner.

And our FO would probably just blow $10M-15M on incompetent OL or TEs that they do not bother to use right anyway.

Not sure what you think you are getting with the cap savings except the freedom for the FO to make another stupid decision on a high dollar FA?

Exittium

Reaction score
I’ll take Sherm wheee he’s been, Griffin opposite then Maxwell, Coleman and Shead and cut Lane

getnasty

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2lko7dzu said:
Sherm would have caught the pick today.

Wrong, the ball wouldn't have even been thrown his way. I love the idea of keeping them both.

RussB

Reaction score
I liek maxwell, but sherman is better than him. Would be awesome to have both back next season.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
blkhwk":3p42zi2w said:
Who trades for an aging CB making 13 mil coming off a torn achillies???? I could see him being released but I doubt anyone trades for him
Tons of teams would.

Jville

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":22e94hf5 said:
the single most important factor, besides a competent QB, in a SB winner is great corners.

Every (almost) SB winner in almost the past 10 years had fantastic, not just adequate corners.

Sherman is a great corner.

How did you get so smart? In Pete's system, they both excel.

Pina Colonics

Reaction score
Is this a real conversation? Maxwell was retired---now he gets 5m a season?

Sherman resrtucrures, Maxwell for a little more than Veteran Minimum. Plays backup, and happy to collect a check.

Avril and maybe Kam done with neck issues, frees up a ton of cash. Bennett most likely as well with his dramatics.

He will go to GB or Pats to spite the Hawks. Plays with his brother. Goes after another ring over there.

The question is with those 3 gone, what's the cap releif?

Ifedi At guard and Fant at RT, Brown anchors left side

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Geez, how about we keep both? Max will not have many options and should be cheap.