Biggest Suprise & Biggest disappointment this season?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise:
I'm going with Justin Coleman. Somewhat of a under the radar acquisition at the beginning of the season, finished out being a solid contributor throughout. Bye Bye Jeremy Lane.

Biggest Disappointment:
I'm going to go with the Front Office. Head scratching signings, draft picks that were complete swing and misses, and odd roster moves. Letting Freeney go and waiting several weeks to long before bringing Mike Davis up to name a few.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised with Shaq Griffin. Maturity, being thrust into a starting role and battling.

Biggest disappointment, our free agent left guard - Private Joker

Seafan

Reaction score
Surprise:

The offense was so lame all season. Never developed any rhythm. I know PC was expecting it to all come together and be hitting on all cylinders at some point but it never did. Really surprised and disappointed about that.

Disappointment: All the injuries but with the offense not worth a darn a stronger defense or special teams wouldn't have meant anything. If the kicker had made the kicks and the Hawks had a 11-5 record they'd still get their butts kicked in the playoffs with that offense. Losing Fant right out of the shoot had a horrible feel to it and it was just the start of an awfully unlucky year for injuries.

Exittium

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise: Bradley McDougald and Shaq, And JD and Davis
Biggest Disappointment: Cable turned Duane Brown to trash... and the Oline and playcalling. Game planning was absent this year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Very happy with:

McDougald
Coleman
Griff

all very close

I still like the Sheldon Richardson pick up and Brown as well.

Disappointments:

The absolute inability to game plan for our opponents, then not be able to adjust till halftime/3rd quarter/ 4th quarter/ last 2 minutes of the game.

Kris Richard's inconsistencies.

Watching the absolute worst rushing attack, I think, I have ever seen as a Seahawk fan.

Having a worse injury season than even last year.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise:
Beating the Eagles and watching Russell Wilson outdual Carson Wentz.

Biggest Disappointment:
Not winning the division or making the playoffs or firing Darrell Bevell midseason.
But really it was just the way they lost to the Lambs. That was worse than last year's loss to Green Bay.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise: 2nd half offense

Biggest Disappointment: 1st half offense.

Actually, I’m really surprised at how bad the 1st half offense was

raisethe3

Reaction score
Biggest surprise: McDougald and Coleman
Biggest disappoint: Walsh (well, not really cuz we all knew him before) but what's surprising is that he cost 3 games, offense 1st half in games.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Biggest surprise: Winning more games on the road than at home

Biggest disappointment: the offense getting worse and worse as the season went on

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2n5oqlpu said:
Biggest Surprise:
I'm going with Justin Coleman. Somewhat of a under the radar acquisition at the beginning of the season, finished out being a solid contributor throughout. Bye Bye Jeremy Lane.

Biggest Disappointment:
I'm going to go with the Front Office. Head scratching signings, draft picks that were complete swing and misses, and odd roster moves. Letting Freeney go and waiting several weeks to long before bringing Mike Davis up to name a few.

Coleman was a great pickup, but I'm going with Shaq. For a rookie, especially with so many corners drafted before Griffen, I really have been happy with his play. Potential pro bowler.

Biggest disappointment, for me, is Bennett. Signs an extension Yes, he was injured, and he's he played too many minutes, but watching him play was sometimes paInful. This team needs everyone doing their job play in and play out. He's already said he doesn't think he'll be back in Seattle next year. I guess I just expect more from our vocal team leaders, especially when they are under contract (and off fresh extensions)!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Biggest surprise?

Not even making the playoffs, after being gifted with what everyone believed was an easy schedule at the start of the year.

Happy surprises?

Coleman, Richardson, Shaq

Disappointments?

The offense. Even considering our 1st half tendencies for 'slow starts' - in the first halves, we might have fielded the worst offense I have ever seen as a Seahawk fan. That includes all those years of Kelly Stouffer, McGuire and Rick Mirer.

At least then, we have Chris Warren, Derrick Fenner, John L Williams, ect.

(Which reminds me, considering our utter inability to run the ball WTF are we doing not using a FB? Isn't that why the FB is important? To take out the linebacker so you can free your RB?)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Biggest surprise: How well Coleman, McD, and Shaq played in the secondary.

Dissapointed: but not entire unexpected the epic fail of Gameplans and playcalling on the offensive side of the ball, plus the general suckiness of the offensive line. Bevell and Cable’s inability to prove me wrong on how bad they suck.

warden

Reaction score
Biggest surprise, we won more games on the road then at home

Biggest disappointment Thomas Rawls

WmHBonney

Reaction score
My biggest surprise is also my biggest disappointment.
It is the way the team played, as a whole, in the 2nd Rams game. How do you fail to show up in the biggest game of the year?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Biggest surprise: Shaq
Biggest disappointment: Darboh and of course, Tom freaking Cable

legend38

Reaction score
Biggest surprise; J. Coleman, Griffin, D. Jordan, B Wags(gets better every year), R. Wilson(leads the league in TD passes and the Hawks in rushing yards), Baldwin(un-drafted, continues to get better), Mckissic, Vannett.

Dissapointment; Bennett(everything about him), Sherman(Diva), Bevell, Cable, Lockett, Lane, Walsh, Darboh, Ifedi, all running backs outside of Carson, MceVoy.

A little disappointed in the way Pete appears to brush things off at times. I know he is supposed to stick up for his players but he seems to make a lot of excuses.

A bit disappointed in Schneider as well. Seems him and Carroll forgot how to draft. Lucky for them they traded most of our pics away for next year so they shouldn’t have to do much homework.

Team is still pretty solid, unfortunately we are in Salary Cap hell. I have know idea what they should do. Maybe trade Sherman and Bennett to save dollars. If Kam is back next year, him and Thomas can man the back end with corners we have. I’m really on the fence with Jimmy, so much talent. No idea.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Crizilla":1gbpzjxx said:
Biggest surprise: Shaq
Biggest disappointment: Darboh and of course, Tom freaking Cable

Thought Darboh had some good high spots this season, not much playing time. Wasn't high on him at the beginning of the season but was thinking he did well for a rookie.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Biggest suprise : We signed Blair Walsh?

Biggest dissapointment : We played Blair Walsh.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Biggest Surprise: Seeing the same thing every week with no improvements.
Biggest Disappointment: Seeing the same thing every week with no improvements.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Biggest surprise: B-Max.

Biggest disappointment, for me, was Malik McDowell's injury. That feels like it set the stage for an injury-plagued year.

Latest posts