TOP 5 GRADES:
CB Byron Maxwell, 90.4 overall grade

WR Doug Baldwin, 88.6 overall grade

Edge Dion Jordan, 84.6 overall grade

S Earl Thomas, 84.1 overall grade

LB K.J. Wright, 81.3 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
WR DOUG BALDWIN, 88.6 OVERALL GRADE
In a game where the Seattle offense generally struggled for much of the game, Baldwin caught four of five targets and notched his first multi-touchdown game of the season. Baldwin ended up just nine yards shy of his third-straight 1,000 yard season.

TE JIMMY GRAHAM, 40.7 OVERALL GRADE
Seattle put Graham in a tough position by asking a lot of him as a blocker in the run game, which is largely why he graded so low. He had three catches for 45 yards, including two first downs. Over the final four games of the season, he had just five catches for 47 yards, one touchdown, en route to his lowest yardage total since his rookie season. Graham did have double-digit touchdowns for the fourth season of his career, however.

CB BYRON MAXWELL, 90.4 OVERALL GRADE
Maxwell was targeted seven times on the night, allowing just one 11-yard catch to Larry Fitzgerald. Otherwise, he was continuously in close coverage and notched two pass breakups. He also made two tackles for stops in run defense.

EDGE DION JORDAN, 84.6 OVERALL GRADE
Jordan made a sizable impact on limited playing time. He rushed the quarterback 17 times, tallying two hurries, a hit, and a strip-sack. Jordan also made two runs stops on 13 plays defending the run. Despite playing just 135 snaps this season (the lowest total of any season he’s played in) he had a career high in sacks and defensive stops.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... eahawks-24

Steve2222

Reaction score
We might be on to something With Jordan and Clark going forward. I’d be nice if McDowell would get his head out of his you know what.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Jordan playing the way he has during the final stretch is a welcome sight with the probability that Bennett will be gone. Regardless of what you think of Bennett, it will need to be replaced. If Jordan's final games are a snapshot then we maybe...just maybe might even improve with Jordan in a full time Bennett role.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The misuse of Jimmy Graham has been like torture. If they get a new play caller, like Pete Carmichael, I would be in favor of re-signing Graham just to see what he could do.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Saw a lot of good things on the defense past 2 weeks and throughout the season. You have to play perfect if you are defending half the field on a constant basis. 2012, 2013, 2014 didn't have to, why are we expecting this D to do it? Not even gonna bring the "gassed" argument anymore. The best defenses in league can not defend 50 yards on a perpetual level.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Jordan is a monster. Even just physically, his body jumps off screen. He looks like a man among boys.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
JimmyG":2iqo8woq said:
Jordan is a monster. Even just physically, his body jumps off screen. He looks like a man among boys.

BTF Big Tough Footballer

massari

Reaction score
Curious how much Jordan, Maxwell, McDougald and Coleman will cost to re-sign

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
massari":1fuki5qu said:
Curious how much Jordan, Maxwell, McDougald and Coleman will cost to re-sign

Jordan and Coleman are RFAs who can be tendered for less than $2 million. The exact amount for the original round tender isn't known yet.

Maxwell failed outside of Seattle, and he seems appreciative of being here. He'll probably get something like two years, $6 million.

I have no idea on McDougald. Maybe $4 million per year?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Surprised KJ’s was that high. He was out of position on a lot of run plays yesterday.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ug1n6j1y said:
Surprised KJ’s was that high. He was out of position on a lot of run plays yesterday.

Bad first quarter but K.J. adjusted as the game went on.

RussB

Reaction score
I think they should really resign maxwell he held up pretty well in coverage.

AgentDib

Reaction score
My main concern at DL is what happened to our run defense after Naz Jones went down. Not ready to rewatch the last few games yet, but I'm sure fixing that will be somewhere at the top of Pete's priority list.

Run defense aside, there a lot of youth and potential on our defensive line looking at next season.
Dion Jordan (27)
Frank Clark (24)
Marcus Smith (25)
Malik McDowell (21)
Sheldon Richardson (27)
Quinton Jefferson (24)
Naz Jones (23)
Jarran Reed (25)

BigMeach

Reaction score
AgentDib":386bg235 said:
My main concern at DL is what happened to our run defense after Naz Jones went down. Not ready to rewatch the last few games yet, but I'm sure fixing that will be somewhere at the top of Pete's priority list.

Run defense aside, there a lot of youth and potential on our defensive line looking at next season.
Dion Jordan (27)
Frank Clark (24)
Marcus Smith (25)
Malik McDowell (21)
Sheldon Richardson (27)
Quinton Jefferson (24)
Naz Jones (23)
Jarran Reed (25)

Sheldon Richardson is now a UFA right?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Maxwell has earned himself some change $$$. Can't believe he got released by teams like dolphins. But, good for us.
I hope we can keep him around for a few more years.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I was pretty skeptical about Jordan coming into the season, but he really proved me wrong. Great find. And with Naz, Quinton Jefferson, and Garrison Smith showing some flashes, and with Sheldon Richardson likely coming back (not sure how I feel about that), it's a lot harder to feel bad about Avril and Bennett moving on.

DL should be a strength next year, or at least not a weakness. Which is good, because it's one less thing to spend our very limited draft capital on.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":obpit0qr said:
I was pretty skeptical about Jordan coming into the season, but he really proved me wrong. Great find. And with Naz, Quinton Jefferson, and Garrison Smith showing some flashes, and with Sheldon Richardson likely coming back (not sure how I feel about that), it's a lot harder to feel bad about Avril and Bennett moving on.

DL should be a strength next year, or at least not a weakness. Which is good, because it's one less thing to spend our very limited draft capital on.

Me too! I was dead wrong about Dion Jordan.

AgentDib

Reaction score
BigMeach":19dugm4j said:
Sheldon Richardson is now a UFA right?
Yep. I wouldn't expect a UFA to be resigned but Richardson sounds like he really is interested in sticking around. If Avril and Bennett are on the way out then our DL becomes young and very affordable with plenty of cap space.

DBs could also be in a good spot if our young guys continue to develop.