What If

hawks85

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this. What if we were healthy and our injured guys weren't injured. Do we make the playoffs and have a better record. Someone had asked me that and my answer was I don't know. I mean maybe we finish 10-6. The offense is so bad i dont think it even mattered.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hawks85":16kgo8e1 said:
I have been thinking about this. What if we were healthy and our injured guys weren't injured. Do we make the playoffs and have a better record. Someone had asked me that and my answer was I don't know. I mean maybe we finish 10-6. The offense is so bad i dont think it even mattered.
We had games where the team was "healthy" and it didn't look all that great.

Just saying...

nwHawk

Reaction score
Tough question. We could have had an excellent defense, but the offense was still rough. We needed more offense, more first downs, and a little more confidence then what we had this year.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't have changed the teams porus offensive line and running back situation which was ultimately their achilles heel all season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We win the Washington game with a healthy secondary.
But with “clown shoes” Bevell calling the plays on offense we would be one and done.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No matter how good your team is you’re going to have to rely on your kicker every now and then. This team was never a serious contender with Blair Walsh.

warden

Reaction score
What if?

Well with Kam, Sherm and Avril all healthy and not going with an injured Wagner or Earl for a couple of games,?we would of probably had a couple more defensive stops per game which probably means we win two more games and make the playoffs. But even fully healthy there were too many short comings to make a run in the playoffs

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Same issues that led to the playoff exit last season. Poor offensive production.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
We make the playoffs without those injuries and then lose when Walsh misses the potential game winner kick

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Coulda,woulda, shoulda, even with a non choking kicker the team finishes 12-4 but still has serious issues and would have been eliminated in the playoffs early.

There is no reliable running game, so using the clock with a lead is a problem. For the last two seasons each of scheme, coaching, personnel, and the OLine is to blame. The OLine is ridiculously porous putting even more pressure on Wilson, besides being unable to run block. Opponents know what plays the team is running too frequently as our OC has run out of ideasor has been completely figured out. LThe O was consistently weak or undependable all season. The team is simply weak defending 3rd down passing plays and their scheme is now totally exposed. Special team play was an area of consistent weakness. Every coordinator on the team needs to face a rigorous performance review. Cable

It’s time to blow the O up and start again with different coaching. The D is also not immune from needing some tweaking, but at least the injury situation there offers some explanations not available to the O.

Thankfully there is still a lot of talent here. Lots of tweaking will be needed for the team to be able to be competitive next season.

JimmyG

Reaction score
It's easy to go through and cherry pick a few plays -- like, "what if Walsh made the kick in the Atlanta game" or "what if Walsh made the kick in the Arizona game" -- but it goes both ways. What if Cooper Kupp didn't drop the game-winning TD pass with 7 seconds left in the game in LA?

"What if we were healthy"... I don't know, "what if" Carson Palmer and David Johnson were healthy in our win over the Cardinals? Would we still have beat them?