Penalties....

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Who do you put this seasons absurd penalty numbers on? The undisciplined players, or the coaching staff?

In the Pete Carroll era, they've always been highly penalized. We've somewhat ignored this because they were successful. But now, it's really bit them in donkeys butt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ifedi is the number one most penalized player in the LEAGUE! Who's number two.....BENNETT!!!!

Personally, I think the "Do what ever you want" mentality has got to change. Always have thought this. Rah rah rah I'm your best friend coaching HAS GOT TO CHANGE! DISCIPLINE these players, or the same will happen next season....yet again :/

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Players taken because of their physical abilities as opposed to their mental abilities. This team is great at evaluating talent. Maybe ego has gotten to the best of our coaches.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I think it goes on Carroll because he tolerates his players actions. The penalty on Rawls was ridiculous! He actually makes a play and decides it is a great time to start taunting a Cardinal player? Maybe he should al least have a roster spot locked up for next year before he becomes arrogant. I found this team almost unwatchable at times because of the penalties and the extra curricular crap.

original poster

Reaction score
Carroll took full responsibility for it in his post game presser.

As others have said it got ignored when they were winning as in reality, it didn’t really matter. It becomes a much bigger problem when the team goes 9-7 and those penalties undoubtably cost them a game or two.

Pete will sort it, I have no doubt.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Rawls is an idiot, been doing it all year when gets a chance and delivers a positive play. Bonehead, exact reason he was sidelined/inactive for majority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":hties8a9 said:
Rawls is an idiot, been doing it all year when gets a chance and delivers a positive play. Bonehead, exact reason he was sidelined/inactive for majority.

Rawls' penalty is obviously Rawls' fault, but it's still Pete's for putting that clown on the field. It appears the only person he's learned from was Christine Michael.

The most disappointing penalty was Bobby's though. That was just an awful play by one of your supposed leaders.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pete’s no disciplinarian. In fact he is more of an enabler to the penalty situation. He wants them to play on the edge. These guys don’t give a second thought to going over the edge. He loves to be the ringmaster in the circus. This has worked for Pete in the past so I do not see him changing a thing.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1ph7kjzu said:
DJ_CJ":1ph7kjzu said:

Rawls' penalty is obviously Rawls' fault, but it's still Pete's for putting that clown on the field. It appears the only person he's learned from was Christine Michael....
I don't think he saw a snap after that boneheaded play. The guy has issues similar to CMike; he simply cannot take to coaching. I am sure his behavior has been pointed out in meeting rooms but he can't get it under control. If he was a supreme talent you might overlook it a little but being who he is, he has a long hill to climb before he is back on this team's 53.

original poster

Reaction score
My 15 month old went bezerk towards the end of the game, can someone explain what happened on the Bobby Wagner penalty for me please?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
original poster":oan9kiq1 said:
My 15 month old went bezerk towards the end of the game, can someone explain what happened on the Bobby Wagner penalty for me please?

Bobby laid a late hit on Stanton and got flagged for it. He kind of backed off at the very end but it was too late.

original poster

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3078ykhu said:
original poster":3078ykhu said:

Bobby laid a late hit on Stanton and got flagged for it. He kind of backed off at the very end but it was too late.

Thanks for confirming :)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I blame both. This team had over 1300 yards of penalties this year. That starts with the coaches. It's too bad we didn't have 1300 yds of rushing from our RBs.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":f5llmtb0 said:
Carroll took full responsibility for it in his post game presser.

As others have said it got ignored when they were winning as in reality, it didn’t really matter. It becomes a much bigger problem when the team goes 9-7 and those penalties undoubtably cost them a game or two.

Pete will sort it, I have no doubt.

And he has done that at least 3 times this season alone. When asked if he would sit someone over penalties mid season, Pete's response was "when it gets that bad then yes". We lead the entire league in penalties, Ifedi lead all players and was coming off a game with 2 or 3. What does that tell you about Pete's ability to confront players and to fix penalties?

It goes against his ways to enforce discipline rules and not let his players "be themselves".