Predict the changes to the coaching staff!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Predict the changes you think are coming to the coaching staff this offseason.

Bevell is gone - will be replaced with a QB-focused guy with a smarter scheme. DeFilippo (or Reich) from Eagles? I've heard that Eagles would fire Reich and promote DeFilippo if anyone tries to hire him away.

Carl Smith stays.

Cable is up in the air. I think he stays.

Brian Schneider (ST) was mentioned as a coach who should be fired by Field Gulls - but nah, he's staying.

Richard stays. He's not a great DC, but honestly, he's alright.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Zero changes. 9-7. Winning record. Injuries cost us the playoffs and an easy super bowl win. Just bad luck.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Darrell Bevell (gets a new OC position elsewhere) and Carl Smith (retirement) are GONE.

I think Tom Cable is possibly given another season to rectify the OL and running game with better talent. He did an amazing job with Marshawn Lynch, which will not be forgotten. And without any talent, he successfully turned a DT (J.R. Sweezy) and a basketball player with no football experience (George Fant) into legit starting offensive linemen.

But if they're a package deal, then adios Cable. Bevell has got to go. He's soft, he's finesse, his route tree is old school, and his play calling and situational awareness suck. There is so little redeeming about Bevell, other than that Russell Wilson likes him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Nothing, nothing and more nothing.

Bevell and Cable are here to stay until another team (dumb decision) takes them off the Seahawks hands.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
We'll let go the 2nd Asst. TE coach and bring on board a DL third year consultant. It'll be the biggest coaching shake up we've seen in years.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hard to believe anything will happen, Pete will just blame the players.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1gqe2i4b said:
Hard to believe anything will happen, Pete will just blame the players.

When has Pete Carroll ever blamed the players?

nwHawk

Reaction score
From the press conference I got the feeling at least one guy will get canned. The phrase "we'll talk about that later", made me perk up. Pete's coming back, and he seemed focused on righting the ship.

I think Bevell for sure, with a slim chance that Cable or Carl Smith are also gone.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1m3ptg26 said:
We'll let go the 2nd Asst. TE coach and bring on board a DL third year consultant. It'll be the biggest coaching shake up we've seen in years.

This! Haha. And Nate Carroll and Brennan Carroll will both get promoted as well.

Crizilla

Reaction score
hawknation2017":cwuvqubf said:
I think Tom Cable is possibly given another season to rectify the OL and running game with better talent. He did an amazing job with Marshawn Lynch, which will not be forgotten. And without any talent, he successfully turned a DT (J.R. Sweezy) and a basketball player with no football experience (George Fant) into legit starting offensive linemen.

Lol. "Give him time to rectify the O-line and get better talent". Yeah like we've been saying for a few years now after every single game? And Lynch made Cable look good. Lynch was one of the all time greats. He didn't need an amazing line. Sweezy wasn't amazing. We let him go to TB where he's dealing with injury problems, and Fant hasn't proven anything yet. Cable has done nothing. Look at the results. Terrible O-line play. No run game. Turning a DT and a basketball player into offensive linemen is useless when they (and the rest of the line) don't produce. Bevell isn't that bad of a coordinator if he and Wilson get enough pocket time. If Cable was putting this product of an O-line out there for Tom Brady, he wouldn't last half a season. Brady would throw sideline tantrums and Bellichik would eventually fire him.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Crizilla":2s955hr5 said:
hawknation2017":2s955hr5 said:

Lol. "Give him time to rectify the O-line and get better talent". Yeah like we've been saying for a few years now after every single game? And Lynch made Cable look good. Lynch was one of the all time greats. He didn't need an amazing line. Sweezy wasn't amazing. We let him go to TB where he's dealing with injury problems, and Fant hasn't proven anything yet. Cable has done nothing. Look at the results. Terrible O-line play. No run game. Turning a DT and a basketball player into offensive linemen is useless when they (and the rest of the line) don't produce. Bevell isn't that bad of a coordinator if he and Wilson get enough pocket time. If Cable was putting this product of an O-line out there for Tom Brady, he wouldn't last half a season. Brady would throw sideline tantrums and Bellichik would eventually fire him.

In 2015, we traded Unger away and did not draft or sign a replacement at center. The front office counted on a slow-footed journeyman (Patrick Lewis) and a former-DT convert (Drew Nowak).

In 2016, we let Okung leave for peanuts ($5.2 million) and did not draft or sign a replacement at left tackle. The front office counted on a weak journeyman (Bradley Sowell) and a rookie basketball convert who had never played a down of football (George Fant).

In 2017, the front office did nothing at offensive tackle in the off-season. In addition to failing to draft a left tackle, they let the starting RT Garry Gilliam leave for almost nothing ($2 million). This forced us to move TWO guards to both tackle positions, with the inevitable results.

If you think any offensive line coach in the history of the game would prefer not to either keep his players or sign better ones, I think you are nuts. The front office thought they should go cheap and not address glaring holes in the offensive line because Russell Wilson is a magician and Tom Cable has performed his own feats of magic before (like turning DT J.R. Sweezy into a competent lineman on the fly!).

But let's not allow reason to interfere with your conquest, LOL.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
I hope they bring Ken Norton Jr. back. I would love to see a new/different QB coach. At the 7 year mark, maybe it's time to give Russ a push and help him with the mental part of the game a little more.

The Oline is all on the FO. 7x versions this year. Cable can't work miracles but we need a running game. I don't care who the coach is, I never want to see an oline fiasco like this year again. JS needs to change his metrics, input advisors, watch more tape- anything, but never this again. I don't care how much we invested in a oline, it is by far our weakest area. Address it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I suspect cable and the tight end Coach are out. Nobody's really talking about how poor are tight end blocking has been this year, but it's been a huge barrier towards getting the Run game going.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1gity7um said:
I suspect cable and the tight end Coach are out. Nobody's really talking about how poor are tight end blocking has been this year, but it's been a huge barrier towards getting the Run game going.

That's another personnel issue. Luke Willson, Nick Vannett, and Jimmy Graham are all much better receivers than blockers. It took Willson four years to become somewhat average as a blocker, and of course he's still not great at it. Swoopes is another guy with zero blocking acumen.

And no blocking fullback! It's lunacy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m betting the quality control coach and maybe the video coordinator, and maybe the towel boy.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Just...please...Dear God, hire someone who can run a full 4 quarter offense built to move the ball on a regular basis. That's all I humby ask.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":11tia0td said:
Just...please...Dear God, hire someone who can run a full 4 quarter offense built to move the ball on a regular basis. That's all I humby ask.

:irishdrinkers:

northseahawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1fkqtkzc said:

What about a qb that could get a first down in the first quarter for once?!