7TD
3 INt
84.9 passer rating

4th quarter:

67.6 comp
19 TD
1 INt
134.1 passer rating

You wanna know why we’re always playing from behind? Check out the first three quarter. Wilson puts up much of his stats in the 4th quarter when the game is almost decided and either the defense plays him prevent, or the Seahawks have pretty much beaten the other team. That’s been the story of wilson’s Career.

How much longer are we gonna keep pretending this is an elite QB? We keep blaming the offensive line when fact is he prefers to be flushed out because he’s too short to stay in the pocket.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
#2 career QB rating in NFL history.

Troll Doll troll dolls 1353646 302 450

I'm actually giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Because if you really believed that defenses are playing "prevent" against the Seahawks in the 4th quarter, I have a bridge to sell you.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson has never been this bad in the first quarter. He's an elite quarterback. He does like to get out of the pocket, but he's still elite. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

I tend to look at the lack of run game, the play calling, and the kicking game before I start putting things on Russell, even though Russell definitely responsible for some fails along the way.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Career QB rating in the first quarter: 91.4
Career QB rating in the second quarter: 102.0
Career QB rating in the third quarter: 88.7
Career QB rating in the fourth quarter: 109.6
Career QB rating in OT: 113.5

When the game is on the line, Wilson has always been at his best.

He is already #3 in NFL history in most 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs. And a Super Bowl champion.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Only our fans would blame the guy that has zero line and running game while having the most passing td's in the league... did he make some errors/wtf moments but also attributing to fact he has to make something happen because no one else is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":28tsjudb said:
Only our fans would blame the guy that has zero line and running game while having the most passing td's in the league... did he make some errors/wtf moments but also attributing to fact he has to make something happen because no one else is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He had a much worse line last year so not buying that.
19/34 td passes came in the 4th qtr- let that soak in.
As one above posted ...
Career QB rating in the first quarter: 91.4
Career QB rating in the second quarter: 102.0
Career QB rating in the third quarter: 88.7
Career QB rating in the fourth quarter: 109.6
Career QB rating in OT: 113.5
This is before this year.
I'm sure if he was playing like normal we are in the playoffs.
You would never hear me say anything (like this year).
He played great in 2nd halfs..Lousy in the first.
As OP posted-Here is the first 2 qtrs
1st quarter:

58% comp
4 TD
3 INT
74.5 passer rating

2nd quarter :

60.9 comp
4 TD
3INT
80.6 passer rating
I hope this isn't going to be a trend or we are in BIG trouble.
For THIS year he was putrid except half of all the games.
Our record and his numbers reflect on that opinion.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If Wilson is not elite, why is he #1 in passing TD and total TD and #2 in total yards? If his stats are so bad, why does no other QB, not Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Newton, etc have better stats? Would the team be different if he had 8 or 9 TD in all 4 quarters?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Silly non-fact based thread. We’ve been in every game save the Rams game and maybe the Jaguars. So saying the other team is usually in prevent in the 4th or the game is out of hand is silly

IndyHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3o7nrfsc said:
If Wilson is not elite, why is he #1 in passing TD and total TD and #2 in total yards? If his stats are so bad, why does no other QB, not Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Newton, etc have better stats? Would the team be different if he had 8 or 9 TD in all 4 quarters?
Stats are good if you are spreading them into 4 qtrs.
Piling stats in the 2nd half when behind is not good.
That what makes this year so crazy.
It looks good but the record speaks for itself.
BTW-All those QB's are in the playoffs(Wilson is wearing his beats)
That is what people remember not your flashy stats.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Name one Qb in the postseason with a bad kicker, no running game, and a porous O-line. Let’s have a FACT based discussion and not typical anti-player BS

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":10blj31m said:
Name one Qb in the postseason with a bad kicker, no running game, and a porous O-line. Let’s have a FACT based discussion and not typical anti-player BS
I'm not anti-player.
I just expect more out of a star QB than I am seeing.
Carolina has no running game and their line is pretty bad btw.
A lot of teams have no line and running game (you can do that work)
As for kickers we have a lousy one but you shouldn't rely on a kicker who's mentally screwed.
Get the ball closer to RZ or score more in the first half,it makes thing easier all around.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Panther's have a better running game then we do. 9 TDs to 1 TDs from our RBs not including QB's Rushing TD. Those Rushing TDs was the difference in all our games. If we had scored rushing TDs in the 1st half, Wilson wouldn't need to play catch up in the 2nd half.

The problem was since we had no running game, defenses were not scared to put 8 in the box or play man to man. Yet he still put up great numbers. I love how people always mention about Drew Brees putting up crazy stats while not a on a playoff team, now that he has a running game and doing less he's in the playoffs. Every QB needs a good running game and that doesn't mean they have to be a 1k yarder, we just need ones that can score in the redzone.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
How do people defend russ to the end ... he is the reason our team is infighting. He chooses to play sandlot ball instead of dropping back like regular qbs... yes he led the league in tds, did that get us to the playoffs ? Was our offense elite ??? Everyone blames the line the coaches etc . It is Russell Wilson period. Great quarterbacks manipulate the pass rush by getting the ball out quickly. Russ does not. I love russ as much as y’all but he is the quarterback on a offense that is holding this team back

mrt144

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3ruop3kc said:
How do people defend russ to the end ... he is the reason our team is infighting. He chooses to play sandlot ball instead of dropping back like regular qbs... yes he led the league in tds, did that get us to the playoffs ? Was our offense elite ??? Everyone blames the line the coaches etc . It is Russell Wilson period. Great quarterbacks manipulate the pass rush by getting the ball out quickly. Russ does not. I love russ as much as y’all but he is the quarterback on a offense that is holding this team back

How can you put it all on RW when he's only ever had 1 system as an NFL QB. Do you really think that the coaching staff has given him perfect instruction and he just invaribly screws it up at inoppurtune times? More so than other QBs?

This is a holistic team issue. If you wonder why RW isn't better, look at who his tutors are. Look at the system he plays in. Look at the dwindiling run game that puts everything drive outcome sqaurely on his ability and the passing plays called by Bevell.

RW isn't flawless but expecting someone who only has ever had one system to influence him to somehow find the answers within himself is bananas. RW isn't a coach contradicting wild stallion who is going to put his coaches on blast for failing him in even small ways, he's hit his ceiling with the current offensive staff and offensive team makeup. RW probably thinks he has the best coaching staff in the world. He doesn't know what he's missing.

Like, before we claim RW is broken, can we at least see what he does when someone else coaches him? Ya'll are trying to separate the player from his coaching and I think that's impossible to do without having SOME reference to go off of - ya'll don't have that, not even close.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3tzfa8ex said:

Watch the all 22 and you will see that the reason he has to scramble is the lack of open targets. Our route trees are atrocious. either 3 go routes or when we do have hot routes they dont take advantage of the soft spots in the zones at all. Its a 5 yarder and turn right at the LB spot (meaning receiver hot route is completely covered) or a long go route with. With no running game opposing defenses can tee off on the pass rush, making these go routes impossible unless russ scrambles to let the route develop.

If all you look at is russ not throwing the ball, and ignore why he is not throwing the ball, then you reach the incorrect conclusion that it is Russ's fault.

Seymour

Reaction score
IndyHawk":h77p2dyd said:
Scorpion05":h77p2dyd said:
I'm not anti-player.
As for kickers we have a lousy one but you shouldn't rely on a kicker who's mentally screwed.
Get the ball closer to RZ or score more in the first half,it makes thing easier all around.

What do you think of Andrew Luck and his contributions to his team winning?

Where do you think Russell stands in his class of 2012 (rated one of the best QB draft classes of all time?)

best_qb_draft_class.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
So you are saying the coaching staff finally allows things to happen in fourth quarter?

tersal

Reaction score
Halea41":1eresqdi said:
1st quarter:

58% comp
4 TD
3 INT
74.5 passer rating

2nd quarter :

60.9 comp
4 TD
3INT
80.6 passer rating

3rd quarter :

58.3 comp
7TD
3 INt
84.9 passer rating

4th quarter:

67.6 comp
19 TD
1 INt
134.1 passer rating

You wanna know why we’re always playing from behind? Check out the first three quarter. Wilson puts up much of his stats in the 4th quarter when the game is almost decided and either the defense plays him prevent, or the Seahawks have pretty much beaten the other team. That’s been the story of wilson’s Career.

How much longer are we gonna keep pretending this is an elite QB? We keep blaming the offensive line when fact is he prefers to be flushed out because he’s too short to stay in the pocket.

This may possibly be the most ignorant post I ever saw. Just a little research would reveal that entering the season Wilson's career QB rating in the first half of games is approximately 100.00. Look at the career not one season.The reason for the decline this season the team attempts to establish the running game that is non existent and leaves 3rd and long scenarios also the other team's pass rush is effective in the first half. By the 4th quarter tr the other teams Defensive linemen are fatigued chasing the elite QB Wilson. Thus a little more time and also the games the team is in hurry up mode the play calling is Wilson's not Bevells.
Finally were your assessment even close to correct the Seahawks would not have the record they have had over Wilson's career. By the way replay the first half of the Super Bowl win over the Broncos and see what Wilson did that
game, This really was an ignorant post. Whether you care to admit or not Wilson is elite.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2kivc1fq said:
IndyHawk":2kivc1fq said:
Scorpion05":2kivc1fq said:
I'm not anti-player.

What do you think of Andrew Luck and his contributions to his team winning?

Where do you think Russell stands in his class of 2012 (rated one of the best QB draft classes of all time?)

best_qb_draft_class.jpg
No doubt RW is the star of that draft.
Luck?I think he is washed up already.
Cousins?What a bandit..Luckiest QB to be playing and getting paid for so little.

tersal

Reaction score
Scorpion05":i6zdzsfi said:
Silly non-fact based thread. We’ve been in every game save the Rams game and maybe the Jaguars. So saying the other team is usually in prevent in the 4th or the game is out of hand is silly
Well said Scorpion05 this really was an ignorant post.