We are the worst team in the NFC West going into next year.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Based on our record, we are the second best team in the NFC West behind the RAMS.
But, when looking closely, we are probably the worst team in the NFC West going into the off season.
The Rams trashed us at home.
The 49ers have won 5 straight games and beaten some pretty good competition (Jags, Rams, Titans, ...). They have lots of draft capital this offseason and will also have high draft picks.
The Cardinals just beat us in a must win game for us.
We will be releasing most of our top talent on defense and trade guys for draft picks and our offense looks like a high school offense.

It's been a while since we haven't been underdogs ...
I honestly expect us to tank next season, so that we can get draft picks to build for 2019/2020.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Tanking 2018.....absolutely not.

Worst team in the NFCW going into off-season....it is a toss up between us and AZ.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Think about it: If we had half the penalty yards we did this year, and a decent kicker, we'd probably be #2 seed right now. I think we're looking pretty good.

--homie

Steve2222

Reaction score
Disagree. The Cardinals are the worst. IMO it’s 49ers, Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals. I think the 49ers are currently the best team in division right now. Shanny with Jimmy G is going to be nasty. So jealous.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":7m6ikp3s said:
Think about it: If we had half the penalty yards we did this year, and a decent kicker, we'd probably be #2 seed right now. I think we're looking pretty good.

--homie

And the Rams could say the samething. If Cooper Kupp doesn’t drop a give me TD against us in LA and don’t forget how to play against Washington week 2 they’re probably the #2 seed.

original poster

Reaction score
Strongly disagree but going to enjoy reading the forthcoming discussion.

Thanks for posting :2thumbs:

HawkerD

Reaction score
CArds are likely without a HC or QB for next season. Unless they hit on another Sean McVay they are in trouble.

SF and LA are in grea shape nd are definitely ahead of us

Hawks can compete but need to address kicking game (punter and place kicker) and need someone other than cale to get the Oline in order.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
AZ beat us yesterday. How can that be a toss up?
Most of our best players will be released or traded. I don't expect Sherman, Earl, Kam back. Bobby should be traded.
Our coaching staff will be reshaped. And we don't have the semblance of a run game.
AF_BASS_MAN":2h877qb4 said:
Tanking 2018.....absolutely not.
Worst team in the NFCW going into off-season....it is a toss up between us and AZ.

original poster

Reaction score
joeseahawks":d7l5ut6r said:
Bobby should be traded

Genuinely intrigued at the logic behind trading Bobby?

He said just a few days ago he wants to retire a Hawk.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Cards just beat us ... We have given away our draft picks for next season and we barely have cap space. We must release vets to create cap space and our previous draft picks are just not good enough to keep us competitive.
HawkerD":1ps0y9i0 said:
Cards are likely without a HC or QB for next season. Unless they hit on another Sean McVay they are in trouble.
Hawks can compete but need to address kicking game (punter and place kicker) and need someone other than cale to get the Oline in order.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
When we let go of Richardson, Cliff, Bennet, Sherman, Kam ... (and possibly Earl) we will need competent players to fill those roles at a comparable level. We have already traded or draft picks. Bobby is the guy who can bring us the best draft pick in return ...
original poster":2im9no94 said:
joeseahawks":2im9no94 said:
Bobby should be traded

Steve2222

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2asyg4kc said:
Cards just beat us ... We have given away our draft picks for next season and we barely have cap space. We must release vets to create cap space and our previous draft picks are just not good enough to keep us competitive.
HawkerD":2asyg4kc said:
Cards are likely without a HC or QB for next season. Unless they hit on another Sean McVay they are in trouble.

We have the #18 pick which will most certainly turn into two picks in a draft class that has 4 first round graded QBs.

Steve2222

Reaction score
original poster":3dw5hwfd said:
joeseahawks":3dw5hwfd said:
Bobby should be traded

It has to be sarcasm. Even if we rebuild you don’t trade a young, best MLB in the NFL. He’s still a building block.

original poster

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2lgvy86l said:
When we let go of Richardson, Cliff, Bennet, Sherman, Kam ... (and possibly Earl) we will need competent players to fill those roles at a comparable level. We have already traded or draft picks. Bobby is the guy who can bring us the best draft pick in return ...
original poster":2lgvy86l said:
joeseahawks":2lgvy86l said:
Bobby should be traded

I’d say that belongs to Russell Wilson, in terms of draft value.

I’d bet my house that Bobby is not traded. I’d find it more likely to see Russ be traded than Wagner in honesty.

Although goes without saying, neither will happen.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
"Genuinely intrigued at the logic behind trading Bobby?

He said just a few days ago he wants to retire a Hawk." [/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

Bobby and K.J. are the core of our defense, why not build around him when other players leave?

He's been GREAT for us (despite that stupid penalty yesterday).

Steve2222

Reaction score
original poster":24x1qwdg said:
joeseahawks":24x1qwdg said:
original poster":24x1qwdg said:
joeseahawks":24x1qwdg said:
Bobby should be traded

I’d bet my house that Bobby is not traded. I’d find it more likely to see Russ be traded than Wagner in honesty.

Russ would not be traded before Wagner, that’s crazy. However, like you said, it’s a moot point as neither scenario would happen.

original poster

Reaction score
Steve2222":27y68lv4 said:
original poster":27y68lv4 said:
joeseahawks":27y68lv4 said:
original poster":27y68lv4 said:

Russ would not be traded before Wagner, that’s crazy. However, like you said, it’s a moot point as neither scenario would happen.

I agree that the notion, on the surface, is ridiculous.

But based on draft capital and pete’s Philosophy that he only needs a game manager at QB firms my belief that he’d trade Russ before Bobby.

Not meaning to debate any further though as it’s totally ridiculous.