It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously. I feel fine.

The whole Seahawks Nation is up in arms. "Fire this guy! Can this dude!"

Yeah going 4-4 at home will do this to you as a 12 both new and old.

Strangely, I feel fine. No, that doesn't mean complacent. It means I am okay with whatever happens this off season. My goodness we had one hell of a run. Nearly 6 years of dominance people. Who does that not named Brady and Billicheck?

I trust our ownership. I trust Wilson. I trust Baldwin. I trust Wagner. I trust NEW GEN LOB Shaq Griff!

I trust that this team will rebound and be right back in the championship conversation in 2018.

I trust YOU believe too.

Happy 2018!

MO Hawk

Reaction score
A lot of good points. I'm not sure how I feel yet? Pete needs to do some things and I'm not sure he will.

I do trust Paul Allen to guide us in the right direction. 2018 is going to be one of the craziest years for the Sea hawks that we have seen in a long, long time. In that regard I am excited to see what the next 5 months bring.

Happy New Year

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":208j1d03 said:
Seriously. I feel fine.

Strangely, I feel fine. No, that doesn't mean complacent. It means I am okay with whatever happens this off season. My goodness we had one hell of a run. Nearly 6 years of dominance people. Who does that not named Brady and Billicheck?

I trust our ownership. I trust Wilson. I trust Baldwin. I trust Wagner. I trust NEW GEN LOB Shaq Griff!

I trust that this team will rebound and be right back in the championship conversation in 2018.

I trust YOU believe too.

Happy 2018!

Pretty much sums up my feelings too. The foundation is good. I'm going to sit back and enjoy whatever changes this off season brings and expect good things in 2018.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think the next ride is gonna be fun. I have experienced the lows, the Highs, and now it is a different ball game. Not sure what to think until I see the draft and what the team wants to do. It is a new year.

original poster

Reaction score
Normally I’m devestated when the season is over as I bloody love this team but I think we are in for a hell of a ride this offseason.

Certainly plenty to keep us busy on here :2thumbs:

THE TABS

Reaction score
This isn’t baseball, where you sell off all your big contracts for prospects, and prepare to suck for four years. The issues we have are correctable, and can be corrected in one off season, just like the Rams did.

Having said that, changes MUST BE MADE. Will Pete do what needs to be done, in regards to his staff? For our sake, I hope so. New coordinators on both sides and a new OLC have to happen.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dude. It's great to see you around these here parts. Seriously.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Aros":2l03imyd said:
Dude. It's great to see you around these here parts. Seriously.

Thanks partner. Hope all is well with you. Nice REM reference, I’m a big fan of theirs :2thumbs:

Exittium

Reaction score
Aros":10bm4pf1 said:
Seriously. I feel fine.

I trust YOU believe too.

Happy 2018!
Dilly Dilly!!

I agree 100% I find myself today actually pleased and happy. And really eager to see what youngsters have in store like shaq and McDougald

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Evolve or die. If certain offensive coaches are not purged from the staff expect the same non playoff results. Sorry to be a party pooper, but it’s how it feels like.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
This is the first time I have had to do without Seahawks football in January in a long time. I'm not sure I feel fine about it yet.

I do feel good about the future, although there are tough decisions coming. Our draft picks this year are going to be tough to make a good run at reloading. Our DLine looks solid though. Our secondary reload last year was really good. I think Griffin is going to be special. He ended the year really strong. Linebacker is a concern for this year as Bobby and KJ are going to need some help.

Offensively, there isn't a whole lot to be excited about. We're losing Jimmy. PRich showed some improvement but really isn't showing what we need. We all know about the OLine and RB situation. Even if we get 4 guys from the draft that will step in, we need more help than that. At least we have a QB.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Getting guys healthy on defense will be nice. I think Earl will be happier once Richard is back out there with him and possibly Kam though McDougald filled in nicely. Shaq should make some big strides this offseason as well, getting a full year to be mentored by a guy like RS will be huge. NFL weight lifting program as well for guys like him and Pocic.

Offense still troubles me. Doesn't seem (at this point) they have any interest in making changes to the coaching staff. This really isn't a one off year, the offense has struggled since Marshawn's injury outside a nice streak to end 2015. The final games of this season were some of the worst offensive football I think I've ever seen and the only reason games were competitive was thanks to an injury riddled defense keeping them in it. And even more credit to them as they often were quickly back on the field by endless 3 and outs giving the other team great field position.

30 straight games without an opening drive TD, struggling to get 100 yards of offense/any points before the 3rd quarter. 24 yards at half time, at home in a must win game against a bad/injured Cardinals defense? You kidding me? That's accomplished in two total plays by most teams.

8ish years into the Cable/Bevell offense and it's actively trending downward, a new set of eyes are needed IMO. I just don't see the creativity anymore, it's go routes with no outlet, play action TE roll outs, or the occasional all 5 WR quick hitch routes. Defenses know what the offense is doing, it only breaks down later in game when Russell forces players to break off their coverage when he's scrambling. NFC West figured out how to contain this style of football and it's bled over to the rest of the NFL. Bring in someone new.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't feel fine because if Pete stays I know he won't fire any coordinators or coaches, so it'll be business as usual next year as we talk about the same terrible O-line, run game and gaping holes on the roster that our FO will again have a hard time filling because we have no draft picks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I hate REM...and I hate the fact nothing is changing...we are far from fine...no wonder why Earl wants out.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I could care less about Bevell. The guy is just doing Carroll's vision, and doing it without a run game and an offensive line that can't pass block. It doesn't matter what plays you call, that's a tough assignment for any OC.

It's Cable I want out. Despite a ton of draft capital invested at the position this team has been unable to find a competant tackle or field a decent O-line since 2013. Carpenter, Britt, Ifedi, Poole, and Odhiambo. All OT's drafted in the 1-4th rounds and all failing or failed at that position. That's on Cable.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Jan. 2, "The Day the Music Died." And to continue the trend of overplayed songs . . . .

[youtube]uAsV5-Hv-7U[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Get back to me after the draft. As of now, I think this team has some major things they need to address.