• Chad Morton (promoted to RB coach)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think we added a few pieces this past year that will help us in the future. What we had in place was solid. As we've seen adding one piece can have a big impact. Which newcomer do you regret the most? Some might be surprised that I threw Morton in there, but let's face it our run game was the worst we've ever seen. So sad.

Lacey was dead weight all season. What veteran on this team wouldn't be disappointed in his contribution compared to his salary. He never did "earn" a spot on this team. Goes against the always comPete.

Joeckel tried, I'll give him that but he just wasn't physically strong enough to provide what we needed. Too many missed assignments. The offense got worse after he returned from the mid season knee procedure.

Blair Walsh. Enough said. :pukeface:

I don't want this to be about Bevell or Cable. So, don't post about them here. This is meant to Look only at New players of coaches that didn't live up to expectations. How did I miss?

original poster

Reaction score
I’d listen to arguments for Lacy and Walsh to be honest. You could say either name and be correct.

The others don’t come close to those two.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree, but Joeckel was right up there. Walsh and Lacey, how do we sign AND keep those two all season long? Amazing!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I don't blame Chad Morton, he didn't have a lot to work with and I doubt it was his idea to add Lacy. Chris Carson was developing nicely prior to the injury, I'd give Morton some credit there. But neither Rawls nor (especially) Prosise ever really got to 100%. I think McKissic took a few steps forward in learning a new position, but he is really a receiving option on 3rd down. Davis was a stopgap, he had a few good plays, but I don't see him as a starter down the road.

The one thing about our RBs that really pissed me off was giving up on Alex Collins. Maybe it was just that our O-line couldn't open holes for him like Baltimore's could, but clearly he was a different player when he landed with the Ravens. That we watched that fat POS Lacy do nothing for us, our running game was in the toilet all year ... and across the country, AC runs for almost 1,000 yards for Baltimore.

That whole episode just made me sick.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
How about Malik McDowell? Dude is our highest draft choice, gets in an ATV accident before the season evens starts, and doesn't even see the field all year long. His loss necessitates the Sheldon Richardson trade, thus depleting crucial draft capital that could otherwise be spent in rebuilding for the future. Not even a debate if you really think about the impact his drafting had.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Walsh and Lacy probably played themselves out of the league. Talk about bad years, yeesh.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3mjvupul said:
How about Malik McDowell? Dude is our highest draft choice, gets in an ATV accident before the season evens starts, and doesn't even see the field all year long. His loss necessitates the Sheldon Richardson trade, thus depleting crucial draft capital that could otherwise be spent in rebuilding for the future. Not even a debate if you really think about the impact his drafting had.

Good call. McDowell cost us a 1st and a 2nd (Sheldon trade).

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Malik McDowell.. acting like an idiot and injured himself...then got arrested and found out the guy is even more of an idiot I'm already applying a bust tag to him before he plays his first game. Another wasted pick.

Subzero717

Reaction score
nwHawk":1vvqs2if said:
Hawkscanner":1vvqs2if said:

I blame the front office for that. They took a guy with high character issues and it back fired. They compounded it by knee jerking a trade for Richardson.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mikeak

Reaction score
I voted Lacy but just because as bad as Walsh was he performed exactly like expected

Lacy cost a ton of money and performed horribly. Just waiting for him to have a thousand yard season next year further proving how our coaches can't playcall and scheme to support the players we have

Seymour

Reaction score
nwHawk":1c8bwi99 said:
Hawkscanner":1c8bwi99 said:

Exactly. The chain reaction of panic to the McDowell mess had the worst overall impact on the team IMO.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Walsh easily. He actually effected outcomes of games. Lacy was just kind of there not contributing

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Steve2222":1b4ddkcl said:
Walsh easily. He actually effected outcomes of games. Lacy was just kind of there not contributing
These 2 are a tie for me as you are correct Walsh directly cost us games, but Lacy indirectly hurt us by burning up a fair amount of cap we could have used to shore up other areas. He was completely worthless.

Steve2222

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2mnexug5 said:
Steve2222":2mnexug5 said:
These 2 are a tie for me as you are correct Walsh directly cost us games, but Lacy indirectly hurt us by burning up a fair amount of cap we could have used to shore up other areas. He was completely worthless.

Fair enough

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm going Lacy, had we had a run game Blair Walsh wouldn't have matter as much.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hauschka was the Blair Walsh of the Ravens before he was run out of town. But he resurrected himself in Seattle.

Blair Walsh was the Blair Walsh of the Vikings and now he's the Blair Walsh of the Seahawks. Not a lot of players get an opportunity to gain tempered rage from multiple fan bases like Walsh.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SIOUXHAWK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The two worst free agent signings in the NFL were most likely Walsh and Lacy. This is the season Pete finally lost me on what he was trying to do with this team.

Walsh signing made absolutely no sense at all. Lacy was just bad and had shown he was never going to be what he was in his first year in the league.

Luke Joeckel wasn't anywhere near as bad as everyone is making him out to be.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Pick your choice of poison in the race to the bottom thread.

Walsh cost us games, but not completely on his own.

Lacy cost a roster spot that could have paid dividends in several areas. By keeping his slow lethargic ass, we potentially lost a RB who at least ran hard for another team.

Joeckle just cost us a bunch of money for another guard barely better than the guy he replaced.

However, the worst thing that happened with all 3 decisions is, the FO, coaches and talent evaluators all lost creditability. After this, why should we as fans trust them to make good decisions?

Subzero717

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3dow8vcs said:
SIOUXHAWK! [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

The two worst free agent signings in the NFL were most likely Walsh and Lacy. This is the season Pete finally lost me on what he was trying to do with this team.

Walsh signing made absolutely no sense at all. Lacy was just bad and had shown he was never going to be what he was in his first year in the league.

Luke Joeckel wasn't anywhere near as bad as everyone is making him out to be.
Did you watch the Rams game? For 8 mill coming off an injury plagued season he should be lights out. After all Cable said he was one of the best guards in 2016.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk