Who would you want as OC

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'll start this one. IF the OC job comes open. Maybe wishful thinking, but maybe not.

What are your top three coaches you would seek for the position?

1. David Shaw (Stanford HC)
2. Scott Milanovich (Jags new QB coach coached epic QBs in CFL)
3. Chris Peterson (UW HC)

THE TABS

Reaction score
For starters, Shaw and Petersen would NOT step down to become coordinators. They’re both running elite college programs. FWIW, Shaw would have been my first choice to replace Pete if the retirement rumors would have panned out.

At this point, I think John DeFillipo would be my top choice. The Eagles run a similar offensive system to ours, and Carson Wentz has progressed on schedule, which is a credit to him. I believe the priority is to find a happy medium, in regards to protecting Russ, and rediscovering the running game.

On that note, this may be extremely wishful thinking, but I would LOVE to get Mike Munchak as our new AHC/OLC to replace Cable. It can’t be a unilateral move, so it would have to be a promotion for him. I don’t think it would be easy to pry him away from Pittsburgh, but I’d love to try.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I want an OC who has called plays before in the NFL and has a complete understanding of the run game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1cnmosnw said:
Saints OC Pete Carmichael could be offered the position of OC/AHC.
I'm leaning to this guy.
The Eagles guy is interesting also.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Do you think PC would try to go back to his roots and dig Kennedy Polamalu out of Minn? That would be a great pickup!

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The problem with Carmichael is timing. We will have to wait for the Saints to finish the playoffs (I think they are going to the Super Bowl), then we have to wait for him to interview for all these head coaching vacancies, and then we have to sell him on moving on up to Seattle.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
A lot of the names I'm seeing mentioned are already OCs or have a top position. Most people prefer comfort over change, so why would most of these names come to us if it's NOT a promotion? Under a defensive minded coach?

I think we're going to go with a QB coach. Someone who wants the opportunity. People need to remember Sean McVay got promoted to OC because of his potential. That's what we need. An upcoming star, not an old guy that people pick because we're so sure we KNOW what he'll bring

randomation

Reaction score
I want McDaniels if we have to do OC/Assistant HC thing for him I'm fine with it. Pete needs to stay the hell out of the O though I want to crush people and not let up the instant we get a lead.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
randomation":2s5fjeig said:
I want McDaniels if we have to do OC/Assistant HC thing for him I'm fine with it. Pete needs to stay the hell out of the O though I want to crush people and not let up the instant we get a lead.

I don't see him leaving for anything short of a HC position. He would be lethal in Detroit

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3tjosxl6 said:
A lot of the names I'm seeing mentioned are already OCs or have a top position. Most people prefer comfort over change, so why would most of these names come to us if it's NOT a promotion? Under a defensive minded coach?

I think we're going to go with a QB coach. Someone who wants the opportunity. People need to remember Sean McVay got promoted to OC because of his potential. That's what we need. An upcoming star, not an old guy that people pick because we're so sure we KNOW what he'll bring

For Carmichael, it would be a promotion because he would actually be allowed to call plays on a consistent basis. As it stands, Sean Payton is getting all the credit for many of his play designs. When he has called plays, he's been great. I doubt he ever gets a HC gig until he gets away from Payton's long shadow.

And he gets to work with Russell Wilson and be supported by a great defense. Plus, I hear Paul Allen has money to spend. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":p9p9kztm said:
Steve Sarkisian and package him with Nick Holt.

I would cry tears of Joy! Do you think JS and PC could pull it off?

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2oiu9f96 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2oiu9f96 said:
KitsapGuy":2oiu9f96 said:
Steve Sarkisian and package him with Nick Holt.

I would cry tears of Joy! Do you think JS and PC could pull it off?

Whut?

Keep Sark out of the bottle, and he'll only improve and Holt solid.