Report: Jimmy Graham

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Report: Jimmy Graham unlikely to return to Seattle Seahawks

"Jan. 2 (UPI) -- Star tight end Jimmy Graham is unlikely to return to the Seattle Seahawks next season, the Seattle Times reported.

The newspaper quoted an unnamed source as saying that Graham is "generally considered unlikely to be back in Seattle."

Think this is what many of us thought was coming. Not official but I think if we wanted to keep him we would have extended him in the offseason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just too much $ and he doesn't really fit in this offense. Or, Bevellriffic doesn't know how to use the guy.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Shame really, forced into traditional TE role which he just isn't. Inability to get him involved at all outside a couple huge games and in year 3 finally realizing you can isolate him for easy RZ TD's is a bad look. You don't trade for a guy like him and try to plug him into a scheme he doesn't fit, so I guess I understand why he'll be looking elsewhere.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Best for both parties. I only with we could have traded him for better value. Will we get a comp pick for this?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
He'll go to some TE starving team and do some real good. Who knows maybe the Niners, Cards, or Rams will pick him up and really make us pay. *drum snare*

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He wouldn't re sign here anyway...not with the coaching still in tact. Off to Dallas or Houston...maybe even Shitsburgh if the rapist plays another year. I am guessing he revitalized his career and is the best te in the league next year.

RussB

Reaction score
Gonna be hillarious if 49ers sign him and he shreds the seahawks with jimmy G and shanahan.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
RussB":1fo6xiyi said:
Gonna be hillarious if 49ers sign him and he shreds the seahawks with jimmy G and shanahan.
Wow never thought of that....it actually could happen. Maybe we can get George Kittle.......

Greenhell

Reaction score
If this is a money issue I get it but on flip side, jetting a player who doesn't fit a scheme would be an indicator Bevell is sticking around? Ugh.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Remember the days of yesteryear when, all what was needed was a quality pass catching TE.

I guess that wasn't the droid we were looking for.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RussB":27d16ihy said:
He's too big of a sissy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
Who cares anyway? With Bevell still here this is the right move.

Rat

Reaction score
I feel bad for Graham. He was on a HOF trajectory until we stole four years of his prime. I hope he finds a good fit for his special skill set.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Goodbye Jimmy. Loved watching you hit on some big plays. Hated watching you stagnate. Glad you are healthy again.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If he is leaving “because he doesn’t fit the offense “ that also means Pete isn’t changing the Bev. If that’s the case there is no point in paying any one on offense including the QB.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I think this is a good thing. I loved watching him catch TDs but he just did not fit into our scheme as well. We were a running team prior to him coming on board. He was not a traditional TE. He did not block well. Most of this stuff is pretty obvious based on earlier posts on this board. I wish him the best of luck. We need a Gronk type TE with what we are trying to do. That will be a real task to find a guy like this.