Kam and Avril's careers over?

GLio14

Reaction score
Doesn't sound good.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/948248139571564544[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/948247950437728256[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It feels like this will be the case. Can't blame them one bit either, especially w/neck injuries. They both have a ring, have made a lot of $ on contracts, have families etc.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A lot of these tweets are just common sense. None of it I've seen so far has been a shock.

Plus, there are tweets saying "A" is going to happen, followed by a tweet saying the opposite is going to happen. It cracks me up!

"Pete Carroll could retire" "No way is Pete Carroll retiring"

"Michael Bennett's career could be over" "MB not going anywhere."

Just a lot of click bait.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Kam played one hell of a game too and his injury came during garbage time. NFL needs to remove TNF, far too many injuries and sloppy games. Move it to Saturday night if they must, they do it in the final weeks anyways. Many players are outspoken about how much they hate it.

RussB

Reaction score
Is kams injury really that bad? I did not think a stinger could end a career i thought it was temporary.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
My specialty is the spine. Based on the information (sparse as it is) I would not recommend that they continue playing. Both apparently had bilateral paresthesias in the arms. This suggests possible trauma to the cord. It could be anything from a disc protrusion onto the central cord to a contusion. The nerves that pass out laterally in the cervical spine can produce symptoms into the arms but typically it is unilateral only affecting the level where nerve exits the spine.. Discs are more common in their age group with trauma. Having not seen their MRI, it is only a guess on the possibilities as the information is pretty limited.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
So glad we wasted their peak years with these piles of feces as coaches

HawkerD

Reaction score
Vpk0718":l6idifvb said:
So glad we wasted their peak years with these piles of feces as coaches
Lets be real for a moment. they went to the playoffs 5 times. They won a SB. They went to a second and nearly won another. Sure they should have won it but that the way it goes sometimes. If they played for the Jets or Browns then they really would have something to bitch. Think Avril would have rather played here for 4 years or stayed in Detroit?

I hate the current staff but in football terms, these guys have had it better than most.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm stupid about this stuff, so humor me: if they retired, would we get any comp picks for them?

And would they still count against the cap, or would it free up their money?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BigBill1945":2dd9woe8 said:
My specialty is the spine. Based on the information (sparse as it is) I would not recommend that they continue playing. Both apparently had bilateral paresthesias in the arms. This suggests possible trauma to the cord. It could be anything from a disc protrusion onto the central cord to a contusion. The nerves that pass out laterally in the cervical spine can produce symptoms into the arms but typically it is unilateral only affecting the level where nerve exits the spine.. Discs are more common in their age group with trauma. Having not seen their MRI, it is only a guess on the possibilities as the information is pretty limited.
So if it's one they could play again but if other then time to say goodbye..?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RussB":303097kg said:
Is kams injury really that bad? I did not think a stinger could end a career i thought it was temporary.

There are shoulder stingers too. At least that is what we called them. Tough hit on the shoulder makes your whole arm go numb.

chawx

Reaction score
...this was probably asked weeks ago, but is there a video anywhere of Kam's injury? I know it happened near the end of the thusday game, but I don't remember seeing a hit or anything?

poly1274

Reaction score
"Avril is signed for next season and the Seahawks can recover $7.5 million of his $8 million cap"

But Kam just signed an extension. Dam.

poly1274

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":fh7kkmfu said:
I'm stupid about this stuff, so humor me: if they retired, would we get any comp picks for them?

If they retire you don't get any comp picks and it would free up their money for other players. Cutting Avril makes lot of sense if he doesn't want to retire.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
poly1274":yioqw6y7 said:
WindCityHawk":yioqw6y7 said:

If they retire you don't get any comp picks and it would free up their money for other players. Cutting Avril makes lot of sense if he doesn't want to retire.

Those contracts could buy some quality linemen.

poly1274

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1l2jbuo1 said:
poly1274":1l2jbuo1 said:
WindCityHawk":1l2jbuo1 said:

Those contracts could buy some quality linemen.

Kam wouldn't retire dude. Who wants to retire when you get PAID.