Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Top 3 Worst moves by front office?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Top 3 Worst moves by front office?
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 am
  • irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

Trust me, this is not a Millennial problem. I know plenty of Boomers who seem to think world history began with the Cold War, and seniors who have never looked further back than the Great Depression. Victorian scholars are shaking their heads at all of us, and pre-industrial historians are rolling their eyes at them.

And to be fair, when I read the title of the thread, I did assume we were talking about this current front office.

Sheesh, old people.... ;)
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

Trust me, this is not a Millennial problem. I know plenty of Boomers who seem to think world history began with the Cold War, and seniors who have never looked further back than the Great Depression. Victorian scholars are shaking their heads at all of us, and pre-industrial historians are rolling their eyes at them.

And to be fair, when I read the title of the thread, I did assume we were talking about this current front office.

Sheesh, old people.... ;)

Speak up, they're hard of hearing and locked in a freezer ;)
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 am
  • irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 am
  • 1.) Not signing Hutchinson
    2.) Percy Harvin (cost us Tate)
    3.) Gregg Knapp playcalling.
    Make Seahawks Great Again.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 am
  • I don't fault the FO at all for taking Bosworth. He was an absolute stud at Oklahoma.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am
  • Lets go back even farther, letting Bobby Moore go to the Vikings. Look that shit up if you don't know who he is.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am
  • In 77, they traded the pick away to Dallas that allowed them to take Tony Dorsett. Ouch
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:In 77, they traded the pick away to Dallas that allowed them to take Tony Dorsett. Ouch

Nope

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 am
  • http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/03 ... ny-dorsett

On this date: Seahawks trade pick that allows Cowboys to draft Tony Dorsett

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 10:09 AM PDT

1977: The Seahawks trade the second pick in the NFL Draft to the Cowboys, who select running back Tony Dorsett. In exchange, the Seahawks get the Cowboys’ first-round pick, which they used to select offensive lineman Steve August; and three second-round picks – which became offensive lineman Tom Lynch and linebacker Terry Beeson; and a trade with the Cowboys for wide receiver Duke Ferguson. Beeson would lead the team in tackles for three consecutive seasons (1977-79), including a still-franchise record 153 in 1978. August started 90 games from 1977-84.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/05/03/date-seahawks-trade-pick-allows-cowboys-draft-tony-dorsett

Where is Bobby Moores name in that article? He was not a draft pick we had in the 77 draft.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 am

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am
  • Do you know who Bobby Moore is?

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 am
  • Duh, it's Ahmad Rashad. I'm not gonna' argue about something that did happen. They traded their pick to Dallas, Hawks got 4 picks, Dallas took Dorsett.

http://americanfootball.wikia.com/wiki/Tony_Dorsett

Dorsett was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys with the second pick of the first round of the 1977 NFL Draft. The Cowboys traded the 24th pick in the draft and three second-round choices to the Seattle Seahawks to move up to take Dorsett. He played with the Cowboys through the 1987 season.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 am
  • Bobby Moore was a Buffalo Bill to start with, and before that a Cardinal and was drafted in 1972, He changed his name to Ahmad Rashad, he was here and we signed him injured, he made it clear he didn't want to play for an expansion team and Patera being from the Vikings and the front office worked a trade out with the Vikings and some players on their roster, If memory serves those players were John Yarno and Carl Eller.

No Tony Dorsett, your welcome !

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 am
  • What are you talking about? The thread asked for 3 worst moves by the front office. I'd say trading to Dallas, who then takes Tony Dorsett is one of them, and is next level bad. We clearly are not communicating, cheers
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 am
  • RCATES wrote:Easily

#1 Not Firing Bevell after SB49 (wasting the 3 remaining years of the D's prime years)
    #2 JG trade
    #3 RW's contract (way too much for a (short) QB who has to run back 15 yards to survey the field)

Can't tell if trolling or serious.
    GOHAWKS

CoolRodney wrote:This team has 3 talented players. That's it. I still can't believe we totally blew it in the Super Bowl. We won't be back any time soon.
    stizz19
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 am
  • We were talking two different major situations and communicated it badly, we should have got a whole lot more for Ahmad Rashad, one 4th round pick and Carl Eller being more a coach then a player at that point was not a good trade especially for a expansion team.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 am
  • Aah, yeah, that's brutal. He was one hell of a player. I grew up in T-Town, Mount Tahoma wasn't too far from home. My pops used to talk about him all the time. Remember when he asked his wife to marry him on national tv? Damn, I feel really old now
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Aah, yeah, that's brutal. He was one hell of a player. I grew up in T-Town, Mount Tahoma wasn't too far from home. My pops used to talk about him all the time. Remember when he asked his wife to marry him on national tv? Damn, I feel really old now

Not as old as me, I watched him play in Buffalo with OJ, in fact they were room mates.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:26 am
  • Nice. Yeah, turning 50 in March. Luckily I got off my butt a few years back, dropped 80lbs and have kept it off. Not getting any younger. I would have loved to have watched players like Dick Butkus, Jim Brown etc.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:45 am
  • Boz was a bust. Screw that guy.

Mirer also
    fire_marshall_bill
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:10 pm
  • But then we got a 1st round pick back for Mirer from Chicago, yes please :)
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm
  • 3. Letting Michael McCrary walk back in ‘96.
    2. Losing the Warren Moon bidding war to Houston.
    1. WITH A BULLET, choosing Jack Patera over BILL WALSH as our inaugural head coach.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:I'm only going to consider the current front office.

Trade for Harvin
    Trade for Graham
    2nd Extension for Kam
    2nd Extension for Bennett
    Signing Cary Williams
    Cutting Benson Mayowa
    Cutting Spencer Ware
    Not resigning Golden Tate
    Not resigning James Carpenter
    Not cutting Walsh
    Not cutting/firing Cable or Bevell

The trade for Harvin wasn't necessarily a bad trade, it's just how he was implemented, i.e. Bevell. He still had world class speed but was a mental case off the field. A good Offensive Coordinator would have been able to max his potential on option plays and wheel routes.

I think the second extension of Kam is a perfect reason why you don't ever sign aging vets to contracts, no matter what they've done for the team.

You also need to include the signing of Lacy/Walsh as a package deal here, two super-underwhelming players that gave no indication that they would perform at even an average level before they got here. Thought it was stupid the day it happened, I literally questioned what Pete was doing with the team.

Getting rid of Red and Mebane was the end of our run dominance at the line as well, although Wagner has made up for a lot of that.

The worst out of all of these was the 2nd Kam signing because we have dead money on the books for a few years now, and a substantial amount at that.

The Walsh/Lacy signings were bad for this year but don't really have long-term effects, unless you want to be thankful Walsh missed that last click to have us finishing at 9-7.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

The Hutch deal if I remember correctly was not the Hawks fault at all. The poison pill contract stated that Hutchinson was to get 1 dollar more than the highest paid lineman on the team. We had just signed Walter Jones to a massive contract and the Seahawks couldn't match.

Wasting #2 draft pick on Rick Mirer should be on that list as well.

Stevens was productive at times, just should have, and could have been much more.
    "We Have 70 Dollars And A Pair Of Girls Underpants. We're Safe As Kittens I'm Telling You!"
    seahawksny
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 am
  • The trade for Harvin was bad because he was a cancer of a person who infected our locker room and according to some “insiders “ the virus he spread still runs rampant.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 am
  • stizz19 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:Easily

#1 Not Firing Bevell after SB49 (wasting the 3 remaining years of the D's prime years)
    #2 JG trade
    #3 RW's contract (way too much for a (short) QB who has to run back 15 yards to survey the field)

Take off the Homer glasses. Wilson is not a Elite. Today's words from Doug about the firing of DB and TC tell you all you need to know.
    Baldwin on the team's offensive issues this year: "It’s really not the coaching. It's really not anything other than us not executing.''
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 am
  • Wrong, he is one of the best in football.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 am
  • RCATES wrote:
    stizz19 wrote:
    RCATES wrote:Easily

#2 JG trade

Take off the Homer glasses. Wilson is not a Elite. Today's words from Doug about the firing of DB and TC tell you all you need to know.
    Baldwin on the team's offensive issues this year: "It’s really not the coaching. It's really not anything other than us not executing.''

Yeah, Wilson is only on-track to have HOF numbers by the time his career is over, he's not Elite. :pukeface:

Seriously, do you think Baldwin directed that at Wilson, or more at the five turnstyles imitating NFL-caliber offensive linemen in front of him?
    MagnificentSeven
    NET Bench Warmer

Previous

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information