Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Top 3 Worst moves by front office?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Top 3 Worst moves by front office?
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 am
  • Blair Walsh would come to mind as one of the top bad moves ever. Still can’t forget Aaron Curry. For me the biggest bummer was not signing Warren Moon when he came down from Canada but at least they tried. Maybe even losing a first rounder for the Boz. What do you guys think?
    #1 Steve Hutchinson
    #2 Blair Walsh
    #3 letting Alex Collins go/Eddie Lacy
    evergreen
    NET Starter

Re: Top 3 Worst moves by front office?
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 pm
  • Not signing Moon out of the UW (and undrafted, to boot) and Berring's refusal to draft Favre were huge opportunities missed.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm
  • Percy Harvin?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:24 pm
  • Trading Tony Dorset for picks did not help. It would have been interesting to see a Zorn Largent and Doresett combo
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 pm
  • If letting Alex Collins go makes the list id say were doing pretty good.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm
  • #1 keeping bevell after sb49 2# keeping cable after sb49 #3 blair witch project
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm
  • Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

The Hutch deal if I remember correctly was not the Hawks fault at all. The poison pill contract stated that Hutchinson was to get 1 dollar more than the highest paid lineman on the team. We had just signed Walter Jones to a massive contract and the Seahawks couldn't match.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:12 am
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

The Hutch deal if I remember correctly was not the Hawks fault at all. The poison pill contract stated that Hutchinson was to get 1 dollar more than the highest paid lineman on the team. We had just signed Walter Jones to a massive contract and the Seahawks couldn't match.

Wasting #2 draft pick on Rick Mirer should be on that list as well.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:54 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

Didn't include Mirer because somehow we got a first round pick back when we traded him.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:05 pm
  • Trading for Nate Odomes
    Drafting Andre Hines
    Not being Honest and trying to trade Kenny Easley to the Cardinals for Kelly Stouffer when they knew they had prescribed pain pills and ruined his Kidney as a result.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:28 pm
  • Alex Collins? Comical. At least it's a little more believable than the guy last year who said letting Troymaine Pope go the first time was the biggest mistake in franchise history.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:05 pm
  • Trading Unger, which drove off Lynch.

Bringing in Harvin.

That horrible DB from the Eagles that ruined our secondary for a year.

There is a probably 10+ moves in the last 5 that go down from awful to outright idiotic.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:Trading Tony Dorset for picks did not help. It would have been interesting to see a Zorn Largent and Doresett combo

Been saying this for years ..
    The dumbest move was trading Tony Dorsett away (A franchise RB for years to come)
    For what???Bet nobody remembers because they couldn't pick or trade worth the crap.
    I absolutely believe we make the playoffs before 80 .
    Dorsett and Largent would have made Zorn a decent game manager
    Instead of that turnover machine he was.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:22 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Trading Tony Dorset for picks did not help. It would have been interesting to see a Zorn Largent and Doresett combo

The dumbest move was trading Tony Dorsett away (A franchise RB for years to come)
    For what???Bet nobody remembers because they couldn't pick or trade worth the crap.

Can't fault the idea they had, Dorsett said he would refuse to sign here as well. At that time players were using that as leverage a lot, Elway, George and a few others.

If they would have hit more on the O line they tried to build with the trade it may have been different.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm
  • bevellisthedevil wrote:Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

The way I remembered it was that we could have franchised him but instead the FO Dicked around and instead gave him a transition tag. Minnesota offered Hutch basically the same amount of money as Seattle but his agent talked about how much lower the taxes were in Minnesota so Hutch would gain heartedly. The poison pill was allowed because of the transition tag and Holmgren never forgave the FO for it. They messed up bad.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:16 pm
  • In my opinion the Harvin trade is on the list of the top 3 worst.

I remember being so excited we landed him, not giving much thought to the draft picks we paid for him.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Trading Unger, which drove off Lynch.

Bringing in Harvin.

That horrible DB from the Eagles that ruined our secondary for a year.

There is a probably 10+ moves in the last 5 that go down from awful to outright idiotic.

Tbf Lynch was hurt most of the following year.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 pm
  • Any Ruskell related use of first round draft picks (Kelly Jennings, Chris Spencer, trading for Deion Branch, Lawrence Jackson and Aaron Curry)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:35 am
  • Hiring Tom Flores
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 am
  • themunn wrote:Any Ruskell related use of first round draft picks (Kelly Jennings, Chris Spencer, trading for Deion Branch, Lawrence Jackson and Aaron Curry)

Can't blame him for drafting Aaron Curry, Curry was one of the most highly rated LB's ever. The problem was, unless your name was that DT Packers picked in the 2nd or 3rd round, every pick you got would have been a bust. It was probably the single lousiest draft class ever.

Best bet was to trade the whole draft for a draft choice to be named later in another draft class.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm
  • I know Elway was very interested in coming to Seattle. I watched a 30 for 30 and it said he was surprised that the Hawks balked. I hated Elway growing up but I would have loved horse face had he been a Seahawk.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 pm
  • Not Firing Bevell after LOSING the Superbowl!
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 am
  • Can't overlook the "savior" drafting Brian Bosworth, then signing him (to at the time) the most a lineman had ever received, 11 mil.
    Then out of the league after 3 forgettable seasons of play by him.
    Kam Chancellor
    Sherman says Chancellor 'damages people's souls'
    hawkpride
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    sdog1981 wrote:Trading Tony Dorset for picks did not help. It would have been interesting to see a Zorn Largent and Doresett combo

Can't fault the idea they had, Dorsett said he would refuse to sign here as well. At that time players were using that as leverage a lot, Elway, George and a few others.

If they would have hit more on the O line they tried to build with the trade it may have been different

Sounds like the present time!
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:00 pm
  • irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

lol...as a Niners fan who constantly hears about us claiming "dusty trophies", I love it. :)

Very true though. I run into that a lot. Its as if the things they didn't see never happened or don't count.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:16 pm
  • Steve Hutchinson is an easy one. An All Pro Guard in his prime and we screwed that entire deal up badly.

Harvin may not have worked overall, but he put SB48 to bed. A 22-0 lead turns into 29-0 and game over after his kickoff return for a TD.. If Denver had forced a 3 and out, then scored a TD that is a different ball game. Still think we win though. For that kickoff return alone I'll call it a success.
    Wizofwest
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Hutch was given the Transition tag instead of Franchise tag. It was a front office blunder to try and save a few million. It also steered MH towards the exits.
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:10 pm
  • :greetingsearthling: 12's

Owen Gill
    Chris McIntosh
    Koren Robinson
    Danny Greene
    Tony Davis

1985 must rank as one of the (if not the worst) drafts in Seahawks history - we could have drafted Kevin Glover, Herschelle Walker and / or Andre Reed - Ron Mattes (7th round) was the most successful draft pick!

Kev
    kev007
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 pm
  • 1. Hutch deal - thats an easy one
    2. Bozworth
    3. Taking Steve Niehaus 2nd overall in 76' passing up on players like Chuck Muncie and Mike Haynes.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:18 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

lol...as a Niners fan who constantly hears about us claiming "dusty trophies", I love it. :)

Very true though. I run into that a lot. Its as if the things they didn't see never happened or don't count.

Hello Marvin.
    One thing that has occured to me in seeing all these names we could have drafted but didn't.
    We could have drafted Montana instead of being stuck with Zorn.
    Coulda,woulda and shoulda I guess :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    bevellisthedevil wrote:Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

What the hell you talkin bout Willis?

He was offensive rookie of the year. :twisted:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:46 pm
  • irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

Sorry but I’m no millennial. I have ticket stubs from adorn, Krieg and hasselback. If I have to look it up then it could not be that bad or I’d remember it. I remember the Tony Dorset deal and he wasn’t coming here. Anyone could’ve drafted Montana.
    evergreen
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:33 pm
  • themunn wrote:Any Ruskell related use of first round draft picks (Kelly Jennings, Chris Spencer, trading for Deion Branch, Lawrence Jackson and Aaron Curry)

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY THAT'S BAD!!!!
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:01 pm
  • #1 Harvin deal, and the draft picks and money and team cancer, cap mess, cost us another SB and maybe 2 more
    #2 Drafting Steve Niehaus at #2 and passing on more talented players
    #3 Steve Hutchinson leaving due to FO screwup

I don't include Mirer, he was OROY IIRC, and we got a 1st in trade for him
    I don't include Bosworth, due to the injury factor; he played with heart when his body let him and as a rookie, was Defensive Player of the Week in a road win at Chicago when he ripped the Bears RB and took it for a TD; to me, THAT play is Brian Bosworth. Also because he set up a company to sell "Ban the Boz" T-Shirts in Denver. Anyone that pwns an opposing fanbase like that gets a pass.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 pm
  • if memory serves, the boz was a pick in the supplemental draft. that spring, the seahawks were thought to be the strongest team in the league. when they lucked out and got the #1 pick in the supplemental draft, the boz was a no brainer. people were thinking at that point, that the 'hawks would be unstoppable.

bozworth was a linebacker.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 am
  • mrblitz wrote:if memory serves, the boz was a pick in the supplemental draft. that spring, the seahawks were thought to be the strongest team in the league. when they lucked out and got the #1 pick in the supplemental draft, the boz was a no brainer. people were thinking at that point, that the 'hawks would be unstoppable.

bozworth was a linebacker.

That's not how the supplemental draft works. A team submits a bid in the form of a pick (by round) for a player. The highest pick bid gets the player. In the case of Boz, the Seahawks submitted a first round pick as a bid and as a result, forfeited their first round pick in the next draft.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    irocdave wrote:Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

For perspective think about this - fans in the late 70s and 80s would have to go back to the leather helmet era or near then to integrate history in the same way you're imploring younger fans to do now.

This is as old as time - older folks saying "learn through my experience" and youth saying "I can't, it seems too different" and then 30 years later the cycle repeats.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 pm
  • HawkNuts wrote:Hutch was given the Transition tag instead of Franchise tag. It was a front office blunder to try and save a few million. It also steered MH towards the exits.

It was $600,000. That's all we saved on the tags and we had the cap room for it easily. Was the last straw for Holmgren and illustrated why he wanted control over players, which would have been much more successful in his earlier years except that Shurmur got cancer and wasn't there to select the defensive players, and Bob Whitsitt second-guessed and interfered with everything Holmgren did.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 pm
  • hawkpride wrote:Can't overlook the "savior" drafting Brian Bosworth, then signing him (to at the time) the most a lineman had ever received, 11 mil.
    Then out of the league after 3 forgettable seasons of play by him.

We could have received two 1st Rounders and a 2nd Rounder for the Bosworth pick. It's got to be up there as the worst decision of the franchise. Set the franchise back five years.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 pm
  • I'm only going to consider the current front office.

Trade for Harvin
    Trade for Graham
    2nd Extension for Kam
    2nd Extension for Bennett
    Signing Cary Williams
    Cutting Benson Mayowa
    Cutting Spencer Ware
    Not resigning Golden Tate
    Not resigning James Carpenter
    Not cutting Walsh
    Not cutting/firing Cable or Bevell
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Sheesh, millennials.....

:lol:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Sheesh, millennials.....

Didn't you know?

Were all suppose to just die so they can move upstairs from the basement, leave all our money to them so they never have to have a job and pay the taxes in advance of our death, when we die make sure we have our social Security set up so that they have Power of Attorney to cash the check as well as any pension and payments from our retirement accounts and then quietly climb into a freezer under the basement floor with a back up Generator in case they forget they have to pay the bills.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 pm
  • Lol. The biggest mistake is becoming complacent right now.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:40 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:

Sheesh, millennials.....

Didn't you know?

Were all suppose to just die so they can move upstairs from the basement, leave all our money to them so they never have to have a job and pay the taxes in advance of our death, when we die make sure we have our social Security set up so that they have Power of Attorney to cash the check as well as any pension and payments from our retirement accounts and then quietly climb into a freezer under the basement floor with a back up Generator in case they forget they have to pay the bills.

Dude, you figured out our end game so thoroughly. Still, get in the freezer pops.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pm
  • Deion Branch, Jerramy Stevens, and Aaron Curry. My millennial side is showing, I know.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 am
  • Well, they made one of their BEST moves this morning :)
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 am
  • Easily

#1 Not Firing Bevell after SB49 (wasting the 3 remaining years of the D's prime years)
    #2 JG trade
    #3 RW's contract (way too much for a (short) QB who has to run back 15 yards to survey the field)
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 am
  • RW? So, 5 win seasons would be better than signing Wilson? :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information