Top 3 Worst moves by front office?

evergreen

Reaction score
Blair Walsh would come to mind as one of the top bad moves ever. Still can’t forget Aaron Curry. For me the biggest bummer was not signing Warren Moon when he came down from Canada but at least they tried. Maybe even losing a first rounder for the Boz. What do you guys think?
#1 Steve Hutchinson
#2 Blair Walsh
#3 letting Alex Collins go/Eddie Lacy

Threedee

Reaction score
Not signing Moon out of the UW (and undrafted, to boot) and Berring's refusal to draft Favre were huge opportunities missed.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Trading Tony Dorset for picks did not help. It would have been interesting to see a Zorn Largent and Doresett combo

getnasty

Reaction score
If letting Alex Collins go makes the list id say were doing pretty good.

irocdave

Reaction score
Lol, like the thread, but you youngsters perspectives are abysmal. Learn your history.. then start threads like this. If you really are a fan, use that wonderful thing called the internet and learn the history. History didn't start when you started paying attention.

Sheesh, millennials.....

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Harvin, Houshmanzada, Franco Harris, Curry, Dan Mcgwire, jeremy stevens

The Hutch deal if I remember correctly was not the Hawks fault at all. The poison pill contract stated that Hutchinson was to get 1 dollar more than the highest paid lineman on the team. We had just signed Walter Jones to a massive contract and the Seahawks couldn't match.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":102imzgj said:

The Hutch deal if I remember correctly was not the Hawks fault at all. The poison pill contract stated that Hutchinson was to get 1 dollar more than the highest paid lineman on the team. We had just signed Walter Jones to a massive contract and the Seahawks couldn't match.

Wasting #2 draft pick on Rick Mirer should be on that list as well.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":u02ahmti said:
bevellisthedevil":u02ahmti said:

Wasting #2 draft pick on Rick Mirer should be on that list as well.

Didn't include Mirer because somehow we got a first round pick back when we traded him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Trading for Nate Odomes
Drafting Andre Hines
Not being Honest and trying to trade Kenny Easley to the Cardinals for Kelly Stouffer when they knew they had prescribed pain pills and ruined his Kidney as a result.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Alex Collins? Comical. At least it's a little more believable than the guy last year who said letting Troymaine Pope go the first time was the biggest mistake in franchise history.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Trading Unger, which drove off Lynch.

Bringing in Harvin.

That horrible DB from the Eagles that ruined our secondary for a year.

There is a probably 10+ moves in the last 5 that go down from awful to outright idiotic.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1qzlfbr0 said:
Trading Tony Dorset for picks did not help. It would have been interesting to see a Zorn Largent and Doresett combo

Been saying this for years ..
The dumbest move was trading Tony Dorsett away (A franchise RB for years to come)
For what???Bet nobody remembers because they couldn't pick or trade worth the crap.
I absolutely believe we make the playoffs before 80 .
Dorsett and Largent would have made Zorn a decent game manager
Instead of that turnover machine he was.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1t252e1v said:
sdog1981":1t252e1v said:

Been saying this for years ..
The dumbest move was trading Tony Dorsett away (A franchise RB for years to come)
For what???Bet nobody remembers because they couldn't pick or trade worth the crap.
I absolutely believe we make the playoffs before 80 .
Dorsett and Largent would have made Zorn a decent game manager
Instead of that turnover machine he was.

Can't fault the idea they had, Dorsett said he would refuse to sign here as well. At that time players were using that as leverage a lot, Elway, George and a few others.

If they would have hit more on the O line they tried to build with the trade it may have been different.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3p2jb8f3 said:

The way I remembered it was that we could have franchised him but instead the FO Dicked around and instead gave him a transition tag. Minnesota offered Hutch basically the same amount of money as Seattle but his agent talked about how much lower the taxes were in Minnesota so Hutch would gain heartedly. The poison pill was allowed because of the transition tag and Holmgren never forgave the FO for it. They messed up bad.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
In my opinion the Harvin trade is on the list of the top 3 worst.

I remember being so excited we landed him, not giving much thought to the draft picks we paid for him.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1rinqngn said:
Trading Unger, which drove off Lynch.

Bringing in Harvin.

That horrible DB from the Eagles that ruined our secondary for a year.

There is a probably 10+ moves in the last 5 that go down from awful to outright idiotic.

Tbf Lynch was hurt most of the following year.

themunn

Reaction score
Any Ruskell related use of first round draft picks (Kelly Jennings, Chris Spencer, trading for Deion Branch, Lawrence Jackson and Aaron Curry)