Justin Britt

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was not impressed with his play this year. He was much better last in 2016. He regressed or was it that the other OL players were terrible that he actually looked pretty good in 2016. I don't know but he was horrific against the Cards on Sunday. Most of their pressure was coming through the middle and all the interior guys were dismal. He did get a contract extension last offseason. So probably why he was balling in 2016 (since he was playing for a contract).

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Acc. to PFF, Britt did indeed regress in 2017, down to an overall grade of 66.9 (considered below average and replacement-level), 18th overall among qualifying centers. This was down from 79.9 in 2016. His run blocking grade in particular was very poor, but his pass blocking grade also went in the wrong direction from 2016.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":vbtoj7a3 said:
I was not impressed with his play this year. He was much better last in 2016. He regressed or was it that the other OL players were terrible that he actually looked pretty good in 2016. I don't know but he was horrific against the Cards on Sunday. Most of their pressure was coming through the middle and all the interior guys were dismal. He did get a contract extension last offseason. So probably why he was balling in 2016 (since he was playing for a contract).

I've been noticing that as well this season. I'm not sold at all on Britt, and at this point don't consider him much more than an average center at best. I think with Wilsons height, the center and 2 guard positions are critical to keeping him on time and in the pocket. Many bitch about Wilson bailing too often, but pressure up the middle leaves little choice (yes I know that is not always the case).

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Agree Britt was underwhelming but I also find it hard to go after this line with Cable standing on the sidelines.

No faith in that guy...

sdog1981

Reaction score
The longer a player is coached by Cable the worst they get.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Was gonna post about this. What a bummer, Britt was shaping up to be quite an inspirational story. Many bloggers thought he would jump to an All pro level but he got worse. Injury could be a factor. Remind me which lineman cable has turned into studs again?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the system is the bigger problem. There is no way that this many players could all be so bad. I believe it just doesn’t work. Even a perineal all pro struggled to figure out his responsibilities.