Poll for the "I'm not watching anymore until..." crowd

I'm not watching anymore games until certain changes are mafe...

• I have been a fan since the 1970s

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • I have been a fan since the 1980s

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I have been a fan since the 1990s

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • I have been a fan since the 2000s

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • I have been a fan since the 2010s

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of posts lately with comments by people that they aren't going to watch anymore games as long as certain changes are not made. This got me to thinking about the why of this. Please answer this poll only if you are in this crowd of not wanting to watch unless certain changes are made.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Early 1980s.

Steve Largent and Krieg.

Brian Blade and Tommy Kane, also that old crappy Lions coach was our TE.

I suffered through Flores. Got exasperated by Erickson.

Laughed repeatedly at Mirer, and watched us blow drafts to McGuire.

Later, I got to watch Galloway blow past everyone and Ricky Watters come in as the new savior.

Of course, we lived for the Defense then. Rufus Porter, Michael Sinclair, Cortez Kennedy and Eugene Robinson got us through some dry years.

Before that Patrick Hunter, Blackmon, Nesby Glasgow (sp?) and a lot of underrated linebackers. Terry Wooden, etc.

Favorite offensive players were always FB. Jon L Williams, to Mack Strong to Michael Robinson.

What is your point?

Seymour

Reaction score
I've seen far worse than this in terms of actual play, but none more aggravating to watch all of the ineptitude knowing their potential. They show us they can run with the best beating top team after top team, then going comatose for half and even games at a time and falling short with poor play and terrible coaching. Hell, time outs, when to kick, no hurry up because it works, no HB screen because it works, challenging play after play that any bozo on TV can see is a failure....where does this end?

Point is, still will watch but may record and chose with result. Fan since 76 and these clowns aren't running me off. :141847_bnono:

seedhawk

Reaction score
Deep Sigh. Used ignore button. I could give 2 rats butts if they watch or not. At least now I do not have to read their drivel.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
70's

Of course I'm going to watch them but the expectations are nonexistent. Not sure I've ever seen a team with so much talent play so horribly.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Pretty sure there will be just as many opinions coming out regardless of whether they are watching.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
BUT I WILL POST A LOT ON THE INTERNET!

And I will especially make a point to say I don't care like I used to, even though deep down inside I really do.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
oh I will absolutely watch and continuously bitch until there is improvement. Considering the first game I attended was Bo vs Boz in the Kingdome, I have been through a lot worse.

Kelly Stouffer, Dan Mcgwire, Sean Salisbury, Diva Galloway, poison pill hutch, jeremy stevens, Mike Frier, Stop sign to Hamlin's Melon and numerous other dramas.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Given how many people are equating "play didn't work" with "Bevell fail", I don't think a lot of them were actually watching THIS year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As long as “the idiot twins” still have coaching jobs with the team, I think I’ll only watch the 2nd halves of games.

Seen way to much of the “3 and out” movie in the 1st halves of games the past couple of years. I could be doing laundry, or watching grass grow.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I remember being super stocked at getting the Hawks in the 70's...

As excited as I was, I remember the frustration in the path they took..
Going for experience, which meant during the expansion draft, we took older vets.

Losing the draft coin flip and having to pick the bust Steve Neihaus instead of Lee Roy Selmon

But.. We had Football!

Threedee

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1kkjv9v5 said:

And I will especially make a point to say I don't care like I used to, even though deep down inside I really do.

This is probably most people's sentiments. I'll be back in 2018, even though it means watching Bevell kill 2018 for me.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seymour":3c0tbc25 said:
I've seen far worse than this in terms of actual play, but none more aggravating to watch all of the ineptitude knowing their potential. They show us they can run with the best beating top team after top team, then going comatose for half and even games at a time and falling short with poor play and terrible coaching. Hell, time outs, when to kick, no hurry up because it works, no HB screen because it works, challenging play after play that any bozo on TV can see is a failure....where does this end?

Point is, still will watch but may record and chose with result. Fan since 76 and these clowns aren't running me off. :141847_bnono:

Pretty much sums up the frustration.

Serious question for Baldwin. If Bevell is not a problem, then who insisted on waiting half a season to call a hb screen? Is Bevell an x and o genious while just an average playcaller? The plays were not called when they were desperately needed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A good portion of the late 70's and 80's, and much of the 90's w/this team :pukeface:
Oh man there was some bad years. But, having football come to Seattle in 76 was incredible. Saw my first game in person in 79, was just pre-season game vs. Dallas, but still was pretty exciting. With how bad things were for different periods in the past, I find myself appreciating the Holmgren and Carroll years a lot more. It certainly is a team that had quite a few bad and mediocre seasons. But you take the good with the bad, and support them no matter what imo. Like Seymor says, they are not running me off no matter what. :2thumbs:

mikeak

Reaction score
bmorepunk":a7dm8onj said:

I actually really don't. After the first half of Arizona game I packed up my gym bag and headed out and played a game of racquetball instead. Yeah I checked the scores to see what happened especially with the Panthers but I had no interest in watching that pathetic first half performance continue. I knew that like every other game we would probably resemble a football team in the second half but we continue to pay people to make us look like crap the first half of basically every game over and over again - they don't care so why would I care as much.

Complete Seahawk fans - won't ever change but the emotional investment is on a down trend right now until I personally feel entertained. That is my decision and everyone else will make their own personal decision. Doesn't mean not interested or still on the forum just the emotional involvement is down

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":bka91cp5 said:
As long as “the idiot twins” still have coaching jobs with the team, I think I’ll only watch the 2nd halves of games.

It would be hilarious if fans attending games decided to make a statement this way by not showing up until around halftime. Stands near empty for 1st half, packed as usual for 2nd.

mrt144

Reaction score
mikeak":1k3aop0w said:
bmorepunk":1k3aop0w said:

I actually really don't. After the first half of Arizona game I packed up my gym bag and headed out and played a game of racquetball instead. Yeah I checked the scores to see what happened especially with the Panthers but I had no interest in watching that pathetic first half performance continue. I knew that like every other game we would probably resemble a football team in the second half but we continue to pay people to make us look like crap the first half of basically every game over and over again - they don't care so why would I care as much.

Complete Seahawk fans - won't ever change but the emotional investment is on a down trend right now until I personally feel entertained. That is my decision and everyone else will make their own personal decision. Doesn't mean not interested or still on the forum just the emotional involvement is down

I find it interesting that sports fandom is one of the few entertainment products available where you're chided for walking away from an unentertaining mess (however you define that).

"It's not that bad, there has been worse" isn't really that meaningful in getting fired up to watch a game and hope to see some cool things.

Im totally a "cool things" kind of fan - Beast Quake made me want to watch every single Seahawk game going forward because there was the fear of missing out on that kind of awesome. Up until that point I liked football, the sport, way more than the Seahawks, the team.

2017 was the least entertaining football I have watched in the PC era. The least hopeful. The least inspiring. Now that just might be how it goes when you have low roster and coaching turnover and diminishing performances. But seriously Pete, give me a hook for why I should tune in regularly next season. The platitudes don't cut it.

Just being a fan of football and the Seahawks isn't enough to make plans around the game, invite people over, make snacks, drink brews, smoke joints, laugh and cry together when my expectation for next season is just more of the criminally boring and uninspiring halves.

I'm not a literary nerd but I absolutely call on the perception of story and narrative to contextualize things and make it fun - I said it elsewhere yesterday but it just feels like the story is over and we're getting a half assed epilogue/catalogue of all the failings of our heroes to turn a short story into a novella.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We all choose to get excited or not about it. Doesn't make one way wrong or right. Way too much time seems to be spent either telling people how to be a fan.....or basically calling people out for not agreeing w/your own way of looking at things. Having people over to watch the game and cheer for the team watching a road game etc. that has always been fun for me and my friends/family etc. regardless of the record. I've never once had a friend say (or have said myself) "I'm not gonna' watch a game" because the team is "boring" or "they suck" etc. Seems like being a fan only when things are good for a lot of people, and that's fine. Yet you get accused of being a "homer" or just having "blinders on" if you choose to not act like the world has come to end if the team isn't playing perfect ball. Nobody is being forced to watch the team. I'll never stop going to games, or watching, ever.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is nothing that could be worse then watching the Behring years, the early years were fun and entertaining even if we were not winning 10 plus games and going to the playoffs. The Behring years with all the issues and Behring intentionally pissing off the fans to move the team and drafting Dan McGwire etc, now that was painful. I still watched, got pissed off and hated what was on the field, but I watched regardless. Those years also gave me and many others an education in what bad football and management really is, the trends up and down and how decisions made can affect things.