Ethan Pocic's Knee Injury

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Was there any information provided in the post game or press conferences regarding the severity of Pocic's Knee injury in the Cardinals game? It looked really bad and Mr immediate thought was the "unhappy triad" (ACL, MCL, medial meniscus).

NOTE: sorry of this had already been addressed. I looked through the topics and didn't see anything about it.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/947967244281184256[/tweet]

inda2o6

Reaction score
I was wondering about that too. I was listening to Raible and he said Jordan Roos was blocking really well as Ethan’s replacement. I hope Jordan does well next season and wins a starting job. The o-line needs good blockers both running and pass protecting.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
inda2o6":iu676kuv said:
I was wondering about that too. I was listening to Raible and he said Jordan Roos was blocking really well as Ethan’s replacement. I hope Jordan does well next season and wins a starting job. The o-line needs good blockers both running and pass protecting.
PFF disagrees with Raible's assessment of Roos on Sunday. Roos graded dreadfully (sub-40.0) as both a run and pass blocker in the game.

inda2o6

Reaction score
The thing i see on the PFF page is his 2017 overall grade. It doesn’t say anything about the last game and how he rated. Please provide the proof of that games grade. Thanks.

Jville

Reaction score
inda2o6":3ig5x81c said:
The thing i see on the PFF page is his 2017 overall grade. It doesn’t say anything about the last game and how he rated. Please provide the proof of that games grade. Thanks.

No need to be bothered over a grade assigned to Jordan Roos by the eye candy factory.

As you undoubtedly know, Jordan was a rookie who didn't get his opportunity for snaps with the offensive line until the last game of the season. Just 48 snaps for the year. Besides, the eye candy factory hedges all ratings with the following disclaimer ..... " *Grades subject to change ".

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and relaying Steve Raible's observations.

Go Hawks!

original poster

Reaction score
Thankfully it isn’t serious.

When I saw Roos coming in I thought ‘here we go’ but he dealt with his job admirably.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Didn't Roos have some good blocks?

Then, he missed at least one dooozy where the Lineman was on Russ before Russ even had the ball.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I just wish we'd dump the ZBS.

I swear to god that most of our lineman barely touch the DTs and the DEs when they run block because of Cable's emphasis of getting them to block the 2nd level (the LBs)... and guess what, a DT or DE blows up the run play for a loss.

Pls dump the ZBS... please!

HawkerD

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":25gwsu07 said:
I just wish we'd dump the ZBS.

I swear to god that most of our lineman barely touch the DTs and the DEs when they run block because of Cable's emphasis of getting them to block the 2nd level (the LBs)... and guess what, a DT or DE blows up the run play for a loss.

Pls dump the ZBS... please!

This made me LOL. I was picturing our OL trying to get to the second level as our RB is getting tackled 2 yds behind the LOS. The story of the season.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Bobblehead":hiujoo4n said:
Didn't Roos have some good blocks?

Then, he missed at least one dooozy where the Lineman was on Russ before Russ even had the ball.

Yeah he missed his assignment there. I like Roos he seems like a guy who can develop but we are better off not counting on him to be a starter.

Pocic has some potential I didn't notice a lot of mental errors (blocking the wrong guy or penalties) but he does need to get stronger. I would say right away Im not sure he has the elite strength to play guard.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah Pocic seems like a smart football player.

He’s going to bulk up 15-20 pounds this off season. Could turn into a revelation.