Kris Richard To Interview For Colts HC Job

raisethe3

Reaction score
Wonder who will get promoted to DC, if Richard is hired. Remember how the Hawks always promote within their staff? I think the same will happen here again, even though I don't really like it.

IrishNW

Reaction score
I feel like Richard gonna have to really impress during his interview to get this job. The colts are also looking at Josh McDaniel's and I think he would be a better fit with Andrew Luck

FireHawk79

Reaction score
Seems like Richard might just be the Rooney rule guy. As well they just fired a defensive minded coach, doubt they want another.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good luck to him, but I think he needs more experience as a Coordinator before he jumps to Head Coach.

I think Gus Bradley could have used another 2 years at DC before he went to Coach the Jaguars. And, he should have waited for a more talented team like Dan Quinn signed on with.

But, it's happened before with fairly good success. I think it's kind of rare though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing him gone as the team is ridiculously weak on 3rd and long defences.

It is frustrating to watch the opponent consistently convert 3rd & &, 3rd & 12, etc., etc. Besides that I don't think Richard is a good coordinator in terms of coaching the DLine to be gap conscious.

Agree that this interview is Rooney Rule compliance interview and he really has no shot yet.

I'd rather the Colts signed Coach Cable.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":r9eaofs6 said:
Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing him gone as the team is ridiculously weak on 3rd and long defences.

It is frustrating to watch the opponent consistently convert 3rd & &, 3rd & 12, etc., etc. Besides that I don't think Richard is a good coordinator in terms of coaching the DLine to be gap conscious.

Agree that this interview is Rooney Rule compliance interview and he really has no shot yet.

I'd rather the Colts signed Coach Cable.

D line is not his job really, Defensive Line – Clint Hurtt

He may call coverages and plays, but technique and line calls I think is more on the position guys, he needs to understand it granted and recognize to make corrections. Those still fall to the position guys on practice days and in the film room.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'd rather Richard gone than Bevell or Cable (gasp!). He's a mediocre DC and should have never gotten the job in the first place. He's a great position coach, but that's it. Our Defense has massively underperformed ever since he took over, and they were underperforming even before the injuries this season. The terrible 3rd down Defense has not been addressed since he's been DC and there is a lack of pressure on opposing QBs, even against weak O-lines.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's my least favorite DC in recent years. Nothing personal. Seems firey and animated. Seemed to be a good DB coach but I just don't think he's a great DC.

mrt144

Reaction score
FireHawk79":3ckkuwdd said:
Seems like Richard might just be the Rooney rule guy. As well they just fired a defensive minded coach, doubt they want another.

I'm a 'world's greatest lover' minded husband.
My wife disagrees.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Good, hopefully they bring in Ken Norton Jr to replace him with. He got a raw deal in Oakland

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":334j4nq2 said:
Good, hopefully they bring in Ken Norton Jr to replace him with. He got a raw deal in Oakland
Would not mind that at all..
The players respect him.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1uf0nszd said:
Jerhawk":1uf0nszd said:
Would not mind that at all..
The players respect him.

Or fear him, both are good and he is aggressive.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Richard knows this is probably his best chance to land a HC gig. As this defense declines, so do his chances.

irocdave

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":275pebl0 said:
Obvious Rooney Rule candidate is obvious.

Agreed. Would like to see him go, but not nearly as much as Cable. We should start a go fundme page for a 2 fer 1 hire of Cable and KR and or DB or all 3.